Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

Yeah I know it's not for the ring, but it's still something I want to do. Where can I find those mobs though?

Also, has anyone gotten any diary updates since the 2nd week?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

You have to hunt mobs up to 20 levels below yours, to get Elite Mobs to spawn, about every 100 kills IME.
    After about a dozen Elite Mobs, an Elite Boss might spawn instead.
    There are four types of Elite Bosses, I think. Two of them don't count for this quest.

So yeah, quite a few hours of grinding.

However, when such a boss spawns, a notice appears in all maps on the same channel of the same general area ("continent"?). So you can just stay in such a map in a popular botting area and keep CC'ing until you see that notice, and then hurry to the map and hope to get there before the boss is dead. Some people use this method to "farm" Elite Boss drops (such as protection scrolls). It is, of course, forbidden, as it is "benefitting from hacking activity". But now Nexon wants to teach it to everyone who hasn't tried it yet. Excellent event quest. Very educational.

3. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

Wow I need to wake up in the morning. I forgot it's about THOSE bosses. Welp we'll see how things go lol.

4. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

awww FFS. I've only ever encountered those monsters on nublet characters :C

5. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

See my post for slightly more information on Elite Bosses.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...Elite%20Bosses

Hadriel

6. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

Since I already completed my elite hunting quest in about an hour I'll give you guys a tip. I gathered a few guildies and went looking for elite bosses about to spawn (notification is "you feel something in the dark energy" or something) in Silent Swamp (copper drakes map). It's a common training ground for low level characters, so you can usually find people there to spawn them for you. GAZED was kinda dead at the time so one of us logged onto an alt for channels people weren't actively hunting in. We got the thief and warrior in three bosses. Obviously you don't need a party, but it helps if you can split the work scanning channels for the proper notification.

7. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Nope, I missed out on an int stone despite doing everyday I could after getting out of the map. It says the quests refresh on Thursday but they change over on Wednesday so I couldn't have possibly did it.

8. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

To get the kill to count for this quest do you need to simply deal damage to it or you need to actually deal the most damage to it?

Because I found a Charge type CQ57 at some Leafre map and I dealt dmg to it as soon as I got into the map, however it was near dead and didn't count for this quest once it died.

9. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

Ugh, this game's critical mechanics are confounding.

I got the maximum critical damage ring on my Dual Blade and when I equip it, he's gaining +10% to minimum instead, even when I replace his current Critical Adventurer ring with it. He already hits the minimum critical cap without equipping either, which is why I assumed the +10% minimum from the adventurer ring currently goes to maximum damage due to "spillage".

So currently,
    +10% minimum from Adventurer ring is going to maximum, and the +10% maximum from the Onyx ring is going to minimum. All of my whats.

10. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

Cube a (couple of) line(s) of maxcritdmg potential. You get the full benefit of the potential, in that it's no longer halved from averaging between max and mincritdmg.

Thus, if you have 165%mincritdmg and 150%maxcritdmg, your current avgcritdmg is 150%, and once you get a line of 15% maxcritdmg your avgcritdmg would go up to 165% i.e. an increase in DPS of 10%. If you had only 135%/150%, then your DPS increase would have been 5.3%.

Hadriel

11. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Did min exceed max in the first place?

12. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: RenmazuoDX
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 220
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Mugiwaras
    Alliance: Imperium
    Farm: RenVilleDX
    Kentucky

Did that for my DRK except in reverse lol, got the 10% Min Crit ring choice and it gave him 10% Max Crit instead.

13. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

I completely forgot about the elite bosses until now and have no idea what i'm going to do.. Anyone in Khaini want to help me out?

14. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

That's not true, the game swaps the minimum and maximum critical damage depending on which of the two is higher, as shown a little while ago.

15. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

If that's the case, then it's very neat of them.

Hadriel

16. Default Re: Onyx Ring Discussion

Hmm, but I thought minimum capped at 150% and any extra "spills" into maximum. My Dual Blade hits minimum cap without either of the rings, so the only confusing thing to me is why the ring effects are switched.

And is there only one chapter in all of Freud's Journal? Was there another chapter for completing the fourth week's mission? I wanted to see a bit more lore at least...