Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default 6.1 Earthquake Hits Northern California

EDIT: Updated to 6.1.
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...gfntdo.twitter
    A lot of hate going on in the comments section in the article.

I felt the earthquake, but I didn't really think much of it and went back to sleep immediately.

2. Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

Wait... why alot of hate?

Hadriel

3. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

Because a large majority of Americans want California to break off from the continental US and sink into the ocean. They don't like who we vote for and they don't like that we're a Democratic state is what I'm getting from the comments. They say that we're either gonna blame it on global warming, fracking, or both (Some are even including Obama in the mix). We have a fairly large population of Mexicans who crossed the border not through official means in the state, commonly referred to as illegals/illegal aliens and they don't seem too happy about that either.
    California (especially the SF Bay Area) is very tolerant of gays while much of the US is still not comfortable with that, I'm seeing a lot of homophobic comments. They don't like how we shove it down everyone's throats through protests, parades, media coverage, etc.

Also seeing a ton of racist comments on how blacks will somehow blame this on white people and calling them out on suppressing black people. In which many rioters and looters will appear in Oakland, which is apparently known for our looting and riots I guess. When Occupy Oakland took place, many of the rioters weren't even from Oakland to begin with (and neither were many of the police officers).

I don't think many realize that while the earthquake was a rocker, it didn't really damage the San Francisco/Oakland area. It only really impacted the Napa valley. So I don't know why there are so many people saying that our stores look exactly look like Ferguson, Missouri after "the 6.0 'black community' earthquake" struck.

A ton of these comments annoy me but bigots will be bigots.

There are some more nicer comments within the huge boiling mess of hell though.
    I recall one saying that because Robin Williams's ashes were scattered throughout the bay, he made a joke and the ground just couldn't not laugh.

4. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: 6.1 Earthquake Hits Northern California

huh

good thing I live in NY, kinda like non-EQ cali ya?

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: 6.1 Earthquake Hits Northern California

that's just slightly northwest from where I am =X (though didn't feel anything)

6. Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

Right wing extremists

Aka american taliban

7. Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

It was reasonably strong, but it was very short in duration, so not much damage hopefully. Felt it in the East Bay Area at 3am, but was just a "goddamnit! I just wanna sleep -__-" earthquake. And it was move in day for CAL so a lot of freshman that were from out of Cali just got their first taste of Earth shaking destruction!

EDIT: evidently it lasted a good 10 seconds, so epicenter should have received a good amount of damage. All it did was awaken me from my slumber, so I wasn't fully awake for the entire thing. no damage at all if you're a decent ways away from the center.

8. Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

I didn't even feel it down here in south cali. Good thing most building in cali are up to earthquake building code

9. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

I picked the wrong day to drive back to Norcow.

I was quite shaken up, and some stuff fell off my tables, but I am safe.

10. Default Re: 6.0 Earthquake Hits Northern California

Was felt as north as Sacramento and as south as San Jose. Most powerful quake since 1989 apparently.
    It knocked things off shelves in my house. I was like holy fuck that was strong. I'm like 15 mins from the epicenter and it shook for like a good minute.