1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Monster Bounty Hunter Event

So I killed Mutant Snails until I got 30 clams for attendance, but no Wanted Monster's Clue for the Bounty Hunter event.

Re-read the NPC's instructions. He said "kill monsters all over Maple Island". Didn't make sense but I went there, killed a few hundred monsters, still no Clue.

Went back, started killing in Oblivion 5. With Mutant Ribbon Pig and Greed Pendant. Killed a few hundred Chief Oblivion Guardians. Still no Clue.

Is it that rare of a drop? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

Rare drop. Same drop rates as you, Luminous, about 5-10min of non-stop reflection. Just for ONE clue.

Hadriel

3. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

how many mobs killed?

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I got all 3 clues to find my monster, first clue said Minar Forest, second said Temple of Time and third said Gate of the Future.

I've noticed that in each of those areas there is only one map in each where this monster spawns (it says so in the list of monsters for that map) but the monster itself is not spawning in any of them, not even through channel hopping, or waiting, or anything.

It's really annoying because I can't tell if i'm doing it wrong, if the monster has an absurdly long respawn time or if the event is simply broken because they are all equally possible.
    Also I can't tell if the clues were homing in on the monster by being more specific or simply listing 3 possible places for it to spawn.

EDIT: From looking around, seems like nobody is having any luck whatsoever, with someone on Basil saying they stayed in the same map for an hour and a half occasionally channel surfing and didn't find squat.

Looks like the monsters don't spawn at all, so we've been wasting our time anyway. Sigh.

5. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

For a 10-minute period of non-stop Reflection, with 15-20 mobs per spawn cycle (c.a. 8 seconds), that's probably in excess of 800 after considering rebuffing times and latency.

I would have imagined that people understood the impact of Luminous' Reflection skill. Maybe I should make a post in the Game Mechanics section on this. Been meaning to do so for a while.

Hadriel

6. Neutron Male
    IGN: ThiefysLumi
    Server: Bera
    Level: 222
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Resolute
    Alliance: LessThan3

Same.
    I guess it has something to do with %drop because I got all of my clues just by doing the attendance and killing a bit more.

Now.. I have all the clues: Minar forest, temple of time, gate of the future, but I have no idea what's next.

>.<"

EDIT: Done!
    Ok so I have no idea if the monster only appears after you get all the clues by yourself, or if you can find it just by looking at the place it should be (by asking friends who got the clues, seems like it's the same for everyone).

7. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

I was about to go look for the boss too, glad I didn't. It was telling me to go to Von leon castle, fantasy theme park, clock tower mu lung, dead mine and golden temple.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

They suddenly started spawning for me too D:

They spawn everywhere regardless of whether you have a bounty or not, but to get a reward for killing them you have to at least have the very first clue which brings up their wanted poster.

You actually don't need any of the clues at all apart from that one due to the way the monsters are displayed on the world map. I've done 3 bounties already now with only the wanted poster. (and got a Potential Scroll for Earrings, Level 150 Ring and Level 150 Eye Accessory)

9. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

Well for those curious, I just finished the 150+ bounties. The medal you get is permanent, but the badge expires in around 30 days.

10. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

Shoot. I was looking forward to having that badge, since it looks to be completely tradeable.

Ah well.

11. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

The medal's pretty good, though, at +7 All and 7 W/MAtk. And it doesn't look half bad, imo.

And none of the "Stats expire in 30 days" BS that KMS likes to do with their event medals.

12. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

i think there maybe a 3 boss limit a day

edit: nvm got another clue just having a case of bl even with wolf and drop rate equips

13. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

There isn't. I already finished off 5 myself, and my friend already got his medal, after defeating 15.

14. Neon Atom Male
    australia

15 ey ok 8 more to go

15. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

-nevermind-

16. Neon Atom Male
    australia

ok got medal. pretty easy to do with hyper rock. all i needed was 1 clue then tped to tot to the map where the boss spawns and cced if i needed to where the boss spawned. drop rate helps alot

17. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

how are you guys getting the clues so fast? I've had the spider familiar out and hunted for 20+ minutes and still haven't found 1.

18. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

Why is one of them named "Tr MA five"... whatever, bounties k.

I found 1 wanted poster during the attendance quest, a second about 5 minutes after finishing, with just big spider for droprate.

On the whole glad they did it this way, people with hyper rocks can't just clean up 20 channels of every map spawning the event mobs to get drops, they have to stop and hunt for a while for each channel they clear.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2014-08-21 at 05:52 PM.

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I'm starting to think that the monsters only spawn after a certain time and Nexon just didn't mention it, because there are no monsters spawning again. If someone notices when they start spawning, do share!

20. Default Re: Monster Bounty Hunter Event

Ah, the usual good old "let's forget that we have a global playerbase" shenanigans.

Marvelous, old chap.