Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #Gamergate

1. Default #Gamergate

Video pretty much sums it up, there is also a wiki about, but honestly I'd just watch the video. I'd also read all the facebook posts about how incredibly crazy this person is.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/quinnspiracy

This woman alone summoned the 3 triforce of powers (4chan/Reddit/Tumblr) TO WORK TOGETHER.
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2014-09-19 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Focus the perspective on what matters

2. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
    I mean gaming journalism has been a joke for a while but this is just a new low.

Spoiler

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

/r/Gaming and /r/Games are both blowing the pineapple up over this as well. Mass apocalypse and chaos.

4. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

I always wondered why I couldn't put myself to be interested in articles from Kotaku and the like

And now I know why

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

you know something is really pineappleed up if tumblr, 4chan and reddit are against it together.

6. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

For those who are too lazy to continue to do the research on the actual blogpost;

More about the backstory

7. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Its scary how fast things blow up in 1-2 days online.

8. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

It was only a matter of time for this to reach Southperry.

#KhainiWestOurSaviour

9. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

pineapple you narrator, I am not in the 'us' who thinks that gaming doesn't have a sexism problem. Or that you can't fix it without "killing gaming".

I don't really get the "what Nathan Grayson gets out of it is an article that receives clicks" argument about why the relationship's inappropriate. Does he not write unless his plantain's wet?

"pimentos constantly shoving their message down your throat" ah so the problem is that white male gamers are finding out what it's like to be a woman in gaming and it's just so hard to put up with

10. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

the only question is which is going to spread faster, this news, or quinn's legs, lol.

11. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

I'm so immature for laughing at that as hard as I did

12. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

There really isn't any sort of barrier for online harrassment, whether you're male,female, straight, gay, white, hispanic, whatever. If you are well known on the internet or publish things on it you ARE going to be insulted and trolled. Everyone knows what it's like already. It's a part of the internet.

13. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

FIFY

14. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Clicked expecting burgers. Watched vid expecting burgers. 0 pineapples given about some ugly chick, a bunch of thirsty dudes, and pomegranatety disreputable gaming sites.

Sigh, now I gotta find the 5 Guys nearest to my home and/or college.

15. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

I was not talking about the trolls, but no it's not equal there either. The reason quinn is believed is because that kind of pomegranate happens so often to women. I'm happy to believe she's lying cause I have 0 reference point for her, but people I have reason to trust say the same thing.

16. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

A burger and large fries from 5 guys has my total daily calories.

How do fires have more calories than burgers?

17. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

http://whitetonto.tumblr.com/post/95...and-fries-post

Here's a pretty decent master post of what's been going down being maintained due to the mass deletion of most reddit and 4ch posts on the subject.

Personally I don't give a damn if she's slept around or what, that's her business. However, going against everything you claim to stand for by cheating on your partner with at least five other people in order to get favourable reviews on a game that most people hadn't even heard of? pomegranate like this happens often enough in any workplace, sure, but if you get exposed and stupidly flail around trying to censor the internet while your fanbase of SJWs demonizes people by calling them misogynists and bullies others into silence, that's where I start caring.

My big issue with all this is the censorship by way of that the blatant attempts to cover everything up, when it's really just making it more apparent which people are obviously in the wrong. The incredible amount of attention garnering she's helping to create, such as posting a fake doxxing attempt on her tumblr while posing as raiders from /v/, are hardly helping her to appear innocent either. All the research I had to do to get caught up was surf /v/'s archives for a half hour, and look at the wall of deleted messages going around in the reddit thread re: Total Biscuit's viewpoint on all this nonsense.

tl;dr She slept with "journalists" for favorable reviews, faked a raid from one of the least harmful chans in order to gather more attention to how she's a victim (wizardchan, not /v/, this is also detailed in that master post), and her SJW bodyguard is trying heavily to censor Reddit and 4ch (to sadly decent effect).

Gaming "journalism" is hardly a seriously viewed subject, and it's cases like these that make it easy to see why.

18. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

because five guys gives an extremely generous amount of fries. enough that almost everytime ive been there, its pretty much spilling out of the cup into the bag.

19. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

So, checked out her game.... Did she really think getting good reviews could save her piece of pomegranate of a game? I have made better games on my calculator. Seems she was deleting any bad reviews on Steam, but there are other sites, and I doubt her game would have lasted long.

20. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

am i the only one disturbed that sex is regarded so highly its used for favours, blackmail etc. and basically messes up the natural way of things.