1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Yeah, five guys literally give you 3-4 times the amount of fries that mcdonalds/burger king/wendys would consider large fries. I think their small fries is more than those guys' large fries actually. It's meant to be a value thing and it's meant to be shared, not as something meant to be eaten alone. I don't think it's even possible to eat that much by yourself consistently, and that's scary to say considering that my meals at fast food places consist of double burgers and two large fries and i don't share lol. I've eaten five guys burger + large fries, and have never felt more lazy in my entire life afterwards. I'm pretty sure i had heartburn too and that's the first time that's ever happened. It just does not compare to fast food.

2. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

No, it disturbs me too.

I kind of hope valve removes her "game" from steam. It's really bad and has nothing to do with actually being depressed. Infact it's almost a mockery of depression
    >Hurr pick the right decisions and get moderately better
    No, pineapple off, that's not how simple depressions are.

3. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

And here I was, trying so hard not to bring this up.

I've been following this religiously for days, it's so hilarious. For the first time I've become one of those losers who sits on dozens of twitter feeds f5ing. When the first chick whose boyfriend Zoe banged came out of the woodwork and turned out to be such a nice person I finally found out what people see in soap operas. When the original boyfriend who leaked this to begin with was threatened so badly he changed his original comment I laughed so pineappleing hard for a good hour. This is gold people, gold that only comes along once in a great while, enjoy it while you can. It's a literal win/win/win, everyone has fun working together, some self entitled narcissistic fake peach gets knocked down a few dozen pegs, and quite possibly video game journalism as a whole goes through a harsh schism to get rid of all the worthless pimentos it has accumulated over the years. And if you don't believe that, look dewrito pope in his cold, dead eyes and tell me he doesn't know some pomegranate that he has no way of changing on his own.

4. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Like, if her having sex with some guys holds enough power over them that they will eternally defend her and promote her stuff all while she moans about girls being opressed, what kind of pineappleing irony is that if her vagina counteracts everything shes preaching about?

5. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

This man gets it

I think you forget......

Yes it is ironic that a vagina has united the 3 most prominent web communities who are normally seen as enemies, it just goes to show, sex makes the world go round. And it's not exactly used as a negotiation process, she f`ucked them because she's clearly a nympho, then she manipulated based on the fact they shared intimacy, which really isn't that hard, it's just how your brain is wired as a guy I suppose.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Can gamexplain be first?

They're not pimentos but f'uck me if you don't think they have absolutely no idea what they're saying most of the time.

7. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Spoiler

8. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

I really, REALLY want to comment how she's essentially a manic Pixie looking pear, but I want to emphasize the point that even though she's clearly an easy dish, the point is she could get away with the sh`it she pulled and it's not acceptable. She set girl developers back almost 5 years after this shenanigan, let alone "feminism".

9. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

The person who is breaking down equally badly if not WORSE than she is, is Phil Fish. His twitter has been full of absolute, incoherent caps lock ridden rage for days now. I'm not sure why HE is so invested in this...

To be honest, the journalists she is confirmed having given favors as well as the ones that are currently unconfirmed but suspected are almost equally at fault. As the chick whose boyfriend cheated on her with Zoe said, it takes two to tango. And by the way, one of the guys, her boss, IS/WAS MARRIED. The rest all had girlfriends, but this guy was a high profile figure making decent money I would assume, and he is pineappleing married. Now why in the name of god would you risk your marriage on a 0/10 half-goblin looking lunatic like her?

10. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Same here.

11. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Totally came in expecting Five Guys stuff, too.

Why does nobody care about the people she slept with, though? I don't get it.
    People haven't given a pineapple about Zoe Quinn for decades. She's notorious as being a giant asswipe.
    And, at that, nobody gives a pineapple about the corruption of games journalists. They've always been "corrupt" they always will be "corrupt". That's nothing new.
    Here we have some butthurt guy complaining about his failed relationship on the internet. Oh no.

One of those articles in the video that was apparently used to "promote positive publicity" was how she took part in (and was a major cause of) a failed half a million dollar production. And that's...supposed to be positive how, exactly?
    And the other was about greenlit games. And depression quest was pretty damn popular in journalism when it came out, pretty much everywhere. Oh man, someone she slept with wrote an article about a popular game that she happened to make? Blasphemy. You know, if Hideo Kojima had sex with a games journalist he'd be a scumbag too because they're obviously promoting Silent Hills now too.

People are attacking this woman because...what? She had sex? WHATEVER SHALL WE DO.

Out of the thousands of people in gaming and games journalism, a few people are douchebags. OH NO. THIS IS INFINITELY UNPRECEDENTED. NEVER BEFORE HAVE A FEW PEOPLE BEEN pimentoS. QUICKLY, TO THE INTERNET-MOBILE, I MUST SHARE MY ANGST!

None of this is about the games journalist corruption. None of this is about the sex. None of this is about feminism or whatever. This is about people on the internet wanting to be angry at something (or specifically, someone) who is making it extremely easy to do so. She's an pimento, her game sucks, who cares.
    This entirely thing is completely pointless.

People in gaming/games journalists who know each other promote each other. There's nothing new about that. Gaming is about who you know. If a few people were nice to Zoe Quinn because they knew her, who the pineapple cares. If they happened to have had sex with her as well, what's the difference?

Dodger's in a relationship with Strippin and they're making videos and supporting each other!? HOW CORRUPT OF THEM!

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

They do, though...

Kotaku is a huge(ly overrated) gaming news outlet. Of course people care when their writers exchange their d'icks for good press.

13. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Sorry, hyperbole. Why are most people more focused on her rather than the people who are allegedly corrupt*
    Because out of the hundreds of things I've seen about this in the past few days, her name is the only name I've actually seen more than a few times.

People trying to delete comments about this aren't "involved in a conspiracy." They're trying to move on from the entire situation because why should they care/be involved in a meaningless witch hunt that could possibly be endangering peoples' lives?

14. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

THIS IS IN GENERAL GAMING WHY WOULD I POST 5 GUYS STUFF, ARE YOU ALL RIDICULOUS?! YES, YES YOU ARE. *exclaimer, not really screaming, just joking.

Oh they absolutely do and is one of the driving forces of this whole thing. Just go look on Kotaku, they are SLAMMING it. The commenters are proving that major gaming news...places have just lost the little credibility they had left.

Oh my god Yoshi, seriously, your glaring fedora is just overheating my computer. First of all, people are going to make point out of her being a sl`ut because like you said, shes kind of an pimento that nobody likes. But the premise is, this woman, using her vagina (stereotypically) got a greenlit game using her connections, for some piece of sh`it text based crapshoot, that used Robin Williams death as a basis for advertising. That is sh`itty. She started wars for attention, cried anytime she was criticized, used her connections to silence any form for criticism in the mainstream "game" media, all to singlehandedly to pull Tumblr, Reddit and 4chan together. When you have the epitome of social justice warriors throwing this woman under the bus, along with her affairs, because she was not only able to gain the opportunity but exercise it, then you know there is a problem.

Yeah because that's totally happened before, the 3 greatest internet community giants just felt like they all wanted to hate one thing all together. No, accountability is being requested as someone f`ucked her way into a position that she did not earn, well, morally I suppose. You're undermining this based on radical and juvenile assumptions, unless you honestly believe no accountability should exist, nor should these individuals suffer consequences.

And looking at the guys, you can see why sex is kind of a big deal.

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

If the writers in question were consistently selling their articles for sex i'm sure they would be getting more attention. It was as far as i know a one/first time thing for those people, and the reputation of them and the websites they work for have already been tarnished irreparably.

On the other hand, she had been doing this consistently and with multiple news sites. She's a female game developer and regardless of what people thought of her before (which apparently wasn't positive anyway) she still sets an example. She was the ring leader of this entire ordeal, using manipulation and lies to her and her game's benefit, of course people are going to focus on her the most.

16. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

We get it. She's a pomegranatety person.
    I don't see how "THE THREE INTERNET GIANTS BANDING TOGETHER FOR ONE RIGHTEOUS CAUSE!" should matter at all. The three scummiest websites all came together? EVERYONE STOP THE PRESSES THIS MUST BE IMPORTANT!

If you're so angry that some woman on the internet "did something wrong for attention" then...don't give her attention???

Are people being personally wronged by this? Are your lives THAT much worse because you were lied to by invisible faces on the internet? Is any of this at all necessary??

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It doesn't matter. It's not the main point. It's merely an interesting outcome of the events, because it literally NEVER happens. To the point where if it is happening, yes, it must be important.

You're just downplaying the effect this has on the gaming news industry because you don't see why it matters. This industry is still young you know. It's not like we've seen this before.

18. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Except she kind of sways every popular media to her favor of her opinion, literally, because of her intimate relationships. She should be fired, and all kotaku staff involved should get fired for a clear conflict of interest. Her game was made popular, even though most revered it sh`itty, because of her influence.

I'm sorry that you're tunnel visioned into the individual, when the "3 scummiest" website actually has more forethought about this, evidently.

19. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

If people are so worried about the negative backlash this could have on the gaming industry, why would people bring this much attention to it? There's a rather large logical inconsistency there that I seem to be missing.

I think the main thing here is that people are acting as if sex is the be-all-end-all for everyone. If I'm friends with someone and I have sex with them, how does that suddenly discredit my entire relationship with them? The next time they give me praises, it must have only been because I had sex with them.

This is GAME journalism. Not gossip girl weekly.

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Excuse me?

"This has such a negative effect on the gaming industry, we should not talk about it at all!" Is that what you're saying we should do?