Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Speed

1. Default Weapon Speed

Hi all, I would like to ask if there is any GMS players who did research on weapon speed.

Is there a cap as to how fast a weapon speed can go?

2. Default Re: Weapon Speed

There is no weapon attack speed cap in GMS, in other servers cap is fast (2).

Values of attack speeds are:
    Slow 9
    Slow 8
    Slow 7
    Normal 6
    Fast 5
    Fast 4
    Fast 3
    Fast 2

3. Default Re: Weapon Speed

4 and 5 are called Faster, and 8 and 9? are called Slower I believe. Otherwise, I believe GMS requires the Green Potions from MPE to break the speed cap, though Kaiser might be able to do it without them.

4. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I was pretty sure that in GMS you still need a cap-breaking effect to go faster than 2. (Something like a MPE potion will allow you to break the cap.)

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Weapon Speed

2 and 3 are called Faster. 4 and 5 are Fast.

6. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I'm from MSEA, do I have to literally test it out to check if MSEA have a cap, or is there a way to obtain via extracting maple files?

1 question, after breaking the cap with MPE Green Potion, does it means that all other skills will continue lowering the weapon attack speed?
    I refer to this post: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1213430

7. Default Re: Weapon Speed

GMS is the only server who have no attack speed cap, afaik its also known as a bug there.

Edit: When MPE was released the Green MPE potion did not work, however when they fixed it the breaking attack speed cap feature came with it, in other words, if you didnt have a similar situation I seriously doubt you can break cap in MSEA.
    Last edited by Even; 2014-08-18 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added last part

8. Default Re: Weapon Speed

We are able to break speed cap with Green MPE potion.
    Does that mean we have no cap as well? Or is it limited to Cap (2) - Green Pot (1) = Speed 1?

9. Default Re: Weapon Speed

It work like Combat Orders. Once you have en effect that breaks the cap, all the others stack.

10. Default Re: Weapon Speed

If you are sure that you can break cap with Green MPE then theres no limit (as long as its like GMS).

@Mazz is a dual blader (so this puts him at fast (4) base with booster he already reach cap) yet Green MPE, decent si & the you & I rune seem to stack for him.

I dont know your limits in MSEA but IF its the same as GMS then you have no limit. You have to test it yourself Im afraid.

11. Default Re: Weapon Speed

What I can confirm, is that a Paladin using a speed 5 sword, can reach speed 2 with DSI and booster, and breaking cap to 1 with green potion.
    Which is what I do for dojo runs.

However, are skills like Yellow Aura able to make it faster? (Just need to confirm this since I can't bring a battle mage into dojo runs.)
    Does this work in GMS?

12. Default Re: Weapon Speed

Yes

13. Default Re: Weapon Speed

Get a BaM friend with an Estaff to try with you. I'll check on my Bam too. Get back to you later.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I have a problem guys. A rather big problem. I request independent verification from someone who has a BaM and anyone else who has a BaM friend and SI (not just DSI), on top of the usual people e.g. @Grey;, @Mazz;, and maybe @JoeTang;.

Basically, I can't break speed (0). The standard cap of (2) is still there which cannot be broken without Extreme Green Potion (so @Even; is wrong about this, in that there isn't no speed cap in GMS i.e. there is a speed cap). Based on my studies, it appears that you can no longer go to negative speed stages.

Finishing Blow test

I can ascertain that Body Boost and Grand Light Aura are doing their job, using a cheap Wizard Staff, which is Slow (8). 100 casts of FB with AYA + BB + Booster + Green Pot [now speed (2)] takes 1 min 6.5 seconds. With all the buffs in plus Extreme Green Potion, Finishing Blow barely looked faster and that may be attributed to visual expectation. So unless it's because of my aging computer or ridiculous latency/ping that's affecting casting rate, I dare not confirm until someone else verifies this.

Hadriel

15. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I can help you test on my bam if you want, but you'll have to do the timing, got ele staff and phantom mule for si

16. Default Re: Weapon Speed

Well thats good, now fix the green MPE so it DOESNT break cap.

17. Default Re: Weapon Speed

Alternatively, let people get to 0 without using MPE green potion.

18. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I think the cap aftering breaking the original faster (2) with an Extreme Green Potion has been faster (0) for quite some time now, either post-RED or post-FLY/Grand Athenaeum. I haven't been able to pass faster (0) on my NL or Shad.

This Basil post I found from a while back suggests maybe RED or prior?

19. Default Re: Weapon Speed

@hadriel; I don't have access to a computer until Thursday so I can't check til then, but try on a different class. I was able to reach (-1) on my Dual Blade about a week ago I think. If you have access to a shadower or a dual blade, the Christmas tree dagger is (3) base which would be enough to reach negatives with either AYA or SI (or both). Any thief class can buy a (4) speed weapon from an npc though as far as I'm aware.