Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon Speed

1. Default Re: Weapon Speed

Strange, I never was able to pass fast 0 attack speed even though Majesty would technically push me to -1 with an MPE potion; when I attempted this they had the exact same attack speed.

2. Default Re: Weapon Speed

not including fast 2h sword like stonetooth... :D

kaiser normal 6
    -2 booster (4)
    -2 bucc SI (2)
    -1 green potion (1)
    -1 key command (0) ---- even with dSI (-1), this is where kaiser will usually DC to "speed glitch"
    -1 kaiser majesty hyper (-1)
    -1 inner ability (-2)

3. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I may not have access to suitable characters... might have a Stonetooth lying around somewhere or I might have lost it but Krexel doesn't seem to want to drop it. I cannot video from my computer because it will die.

The main issue is the tremendous loss in potential DPS gain that a BaM can have. If you are really capped at speed (0), then that's 4 speed stages higher than what it can normally achieve i.e. speed (-4) [AYA + BB + GLA, Booster, Green pot, Ele staff]. If you throw in other buffs i.e. (d)SI, Inner Ability, Rune/Dojo, and maybe even Zero's Aura, then it should be speed (-6)/(-7) solo, and speed (-9) with everything everything in from everyone else.

Delays for Finishing Blow

To calculate DPS increase, simply take the old delay and divide by the new delay e.g. the loss in potential DPS in this case, those 4 speed stages up to speed (-4), is 510/330 = 1.5454.. i.e 54.54% increase in DPS. I... don't want to try comparing with speed (-6) onwards... My mind cannot comprehend this monster.

Could it be that there are issues with frame-skipping for the BaM?

Hadriel

4. Default Re: Weapon Speed

@kayeyearekay;

Key commands don't offer a faster attack speed, just an HP healing effect when used. The only case where it may apply is to Sword Strike and that's only because it's cutting out the explosion part of the animation (the explosion hits are not applying either unless you stop holding the key.)

I tested fast 5 swords as well when I had discovered this and it still had the fast 0 cap, I'm pretty sure no one knew about this before I knew. http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1094801

I'll test it again tonight I guess, maybe something changed since then.

5. Default Re: Weapon Speed

using key commands on kaiser significantly reduces attack delays; and if you dont know that, then you dont know kaiser.

6. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I've been playing them since they released in KMS, just so you know.

I tested this again and there still is a fast 0 hard cap on both normal 6 and fast 5 swords.

I also tried the key commands and again, they do not affect your attack speed; only Sword Strike's animation is affected by it.

I literally just tested this and I still have the client open.

7. Default Re: Weapon Speed

what is this.... I tho there a speed cap call faster ( 2 ) is the fastest speed u can go... how can you even go 0 or even negative .....

8. Default Re: Weapon Speed

It's a well-known fact that Monster Park Extreme Green Potions can break the speed cap in GMS, and everything else after that will continue to stack.

9. Default Re: Weapon Speed

shortly after kaiser release, the first kaiser speed dc glitch was caused by several different things; one being +2 Speed Infusion; one being majesty hyper; one being key command input. while training in sh, 160-175; i had to keep debuffing booster, or SI due to dc; and i know that's mostly just blade burst. but i leveld on horntails and czaks too. i could not gigas at 'max' speed (with wingbeat active); also dc in dojo under the same conditions. i get what you're saying about blade burst clipping the explosion animation; but gigas also sees/saw a decrease in delay, causing disconnect. i was one of the top ten kaiser to hit 200, and its been my only main, since before GMS official release; just so you know, kms and gms kaiser are not identical, especially given all gms glitches. i was on my client while making this post; and kaiser is my only funded main. so when you say key command doesnt affect attack speed, it just sounds ridiculous.

10. Default Re: Weapon Speed

Everything I posted was from GMS, not KMS. I'm just saying I've been playing it since it released in KMS, I started playing day 1 of release when it hit global and I was rank 8 in my server despite working a full time job with barely any free time.

I don't know what to say anymore seeing as I have tested them and Sword Strike was the only thing affected between the key commands and a normal hot key.

I only had disconnection issues after I had started playing around with the attack speed after discovering it, mainly due to throwing too many wing beats out at once and it would cause a disconnect due to a large amount of hit counts (mainly on bosses like Cygnus.) The only other thing that would disconnect you would be Majesty; it would DC you if you attacked right as Majesty was ending if Majesty pushed you to fast 1 or 0, fast 2 or slower would be perfectly fine. This issue was fixed in the Cygnus update though. Now only if they'd fix our fixed normal 6 attack speed while transfigured. >_>

You're entitled to your opinion but key commands truly don't change anything other than Sword Strike. I'll just leave it at that and frankly there's no evidence at all to prove that it affects anything else, just watch it more carefully, record it if you need to.

I'm just stating facts, that's all. There's no need to get your knickers in a twist.

11. Default Re: Weapon Speed

@DustinxD;

you cant say "im stating the facts" when you're wrong. doesnt matter how many times you say "im just stating the facts".

proof testing whatever you said ive done it. fact is, key command would cause dc; when i didnt use key command for an exactly identical situation, there was no dc. there's nothing more to say.

12. Default Re: Weapon Speed

@kayeyearekay;

Alright, look at your posts, now look at the thread title.

You were speaking for attack speed when you first posted.

Then I mentioned that key commands do not increase attack speed, they only give an HP absorbing effect and the only skill animation affected from it is Sword Strike.

Then you claimed that this was a lie and if you don't know this "fact" of yours then I don't know how Kaiser works.

I tested this again and I had the exact same results of when I had mentioned this beforehand.

Then you start talking about a disconnection issue which wasn't even related to the topic. I said key commands don't increase attack speed but you mentioned it did earlier, I just pointed it out and you started bringing those issues out apparently and it's clear you sound butt hurt about it for some unknown reason.

Then I posted this in response.

Then you responded back to me again and again, using the "I'm right and you're wrong" argument but only mentioning about the disconnection issue, nothing related to the attack speed for this topic.

Do you see the pattern here? How did this magically shift from talking about attack speed to a disconnection issue when I never even brought that up in the first place?

Please, just stop. You're not doing any favours for yourself right now; there's no need to lash out at others for pointing something out.

Let's get back on topic.

13. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I gather that his argument is built around a speed glitch in key commands that induces the DC, hence his claim that key commands affect weapon speed.

Regardless, if you want to solve this, then get another GMS kaiser here. And I would hesitate to use a Kaiser to prove any existence of a new speed (0) hard cap.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Weapon Speed

as hadriel says; the affect of key command decreasing the attack delay to a point at which disconnect happens, past a threshold of where not using key command does not cause an identical situation disconnect, gives validity to my argument.

kaiser is considered a magician in cwkpq and murgoth pq; but no magic was used. also, ty for quoting my argument

15. Default Re: Weapon Speed

I have just verified this on my lvl100 Kaiser in GMS.

Command keys only affect Blade Burst (the falling swords skill) in terms of attack speed. Skills like Pressure Chain (the very wrong-looking, mob-pulling skill) are not affected. It is impractical to cast-count for Gigas Wave, but visually and checking damage number appearance rate there is no effect from command keys. Final Form is irrelevant.

Let this end here please.

Hadriel