Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

What.

How do people even justify this?

I...just. What? These people seem to have this mindset of "Nexon's not banning me for it, so it must be okay!"

Surely I'm not the only one who sees this notion as ridiculous?

2. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

I've learned to just look the other way with this. If they really want to make themselves known as someone who has to bot in order to maintain a spot on the rankings, more power to them.

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

some people don't realize that Nexon legally owns everyone's accounts, and they reserve the right to ban someone who doesn't follow their intended purpose of playing the game. If anything, Nexon could declare "AFK training" to be in the same league as System/Game Abuse(not verbal) as you are abusing a function in the game that was probably not part of Nexons original plans(despite it looking less like a glitch, but everything is decided on Nexon's terms so that doesn't matter)

4. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

lol afk training

5. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

People who have keydown mobbing skills say it a lot, in Scania at least. It's retarded.

6. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

just gotta keep spinning4days

7. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

I know more than a few people I've met at Second Drill Hall are saying this. I'm not making a generalization, but most of them were Phantoms who took Broadside and used it to do what they name "AFK training."

8. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Does an auto ban mean you were afkbanned?

9. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

I was afkbanned once when the system went crazy lmao

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

brings memories of some other class and their infinite aura, i think it was battle mages?

11. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

This is hardly anything new.

Scumbags have justified their abusing and hacking like this since the first year.

12. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Chair + pet autoskill + holy symbol?

I understand someone putting a rock on their keyboard crossing the line. What about someone holding down the button manually with chat off while watching a 2 hour movie?

I'm curious where you guys draw the line on this :)

(and no, I don't put rocks on my keyboard or anything similar).

13. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Hayato with his Battoujutsu Soul turned on and Jr. Boogie familiar out. People once used to do this trick with BaM's ADA, but it's not the same, and people simply CC-ed because training is greatly disrupted.

Unfortunately, it's not botting.

People used to do paperweight-training for some games like Skyrim, to level Sneak to 100.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

And until Nexon fixes the 100 attack limit not triggering for keydown skills they will continue to justify this. Some classes don't even need keydown skills, Luminous is tanky enough that with a party member using a Mutant Snail familiar active they can just hold down Reflection. The mobs at SDH knocking the Luminous back resets the attack counter and lets them kill forever.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Using anything that is outside the game is definitely NO in my book.

"AFK training", if I understand correctly, relies on the way Windows communicates with out-of-focus windows. It only works because you alt-tab out of Maple. How can this possibly seem like a legitimate way to play Maple, when you must leave the game to accomplish it?

Holding the button down with your own hand is legit, in my book, although Nexon has no way of telling that apart from having a rock on the keyboard, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not familiar with the chair+autoskill+HS setup. Anything that is entirely in the game could be legit, or could be glitch abuse. Use your own common sense, but don't be surprised if you get banned for something you "thought was intended." If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

16. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

I don't think the auto HS skill thing is too big of an issue, I timed it and it only recasts 19 times rather than 100 for some reason, so you have to be paying attention to the game once every 90 minutes or so to keep it going which means it won't work overnight or while you're at school/work or whatever.

17. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

What is this, 2010? Feels like the leeching argument all over again

18. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Leeching was much more of a grey area though. 'AFK training' (pineapple whoever decided to call it that, it's botting) is outright breaking rules.

19. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

I get the vibe that not everybody knows what the OP is referring to. It's a "glitch" that's been around for a long time now. I think it involves key down attack skills while alt-tabbing out of the game (maybe its with windowed mode, dunno I never use windowed mode), and your character will continue to attack while you are not actively playing the game... Essentially letting players bot without using 3rd party software. This is where the "Spin4Days" slogans come from (for those who aren't aware).

I would like to assume that Nexon knows about this (its quite old), but they don't seem interested in doing anything about it. Maybe they don't know how much it's being used by players trying to climb the ranks?