Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Yeah my xenon got the same thing. So fun to miss out on events that gave perm items

2. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

so i guess grinding mindlessly is also considered botting since its a repetitive manner eg i got around the map clock wise or anti clock wise using rush skill or going from one end of the map to the other on a flat map with rush <------- then -------> back and forth.

3. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

------ from BelloNova was asking how he could do it all over the facebook lol.
    Last edited by Coogi; 2014-08-13 at 11:58 PM.

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Did you even read what I linked?

Let me break that down for you.

1)Botting is anything that allows your character to function without your presence.
    2) Using a physical method (ie, coins/staplers/weights) to play the game in a repetitive manner is botting.
    3)Grinding "mindlessly", albeit repetitive, is not botting due to your physical presence being there, and being aware of what is going on in the game.

It's not rocket science. If you don't understand the difference between the two, I'm sorry, I don't know how to make it any simpler for you.

5. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Come to Bera and check out our new Macrotrainers!

6. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

With pet auto heal and keydown skills, people could hold down the key while, let say watching a movie, and not really pay attention to the game. That would be considered botting, so its not just the method, but you have to be actively playing for it not to be botting. I think thats the simplest definition by these standards. If you are not actively playing, its botting.

7. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

A Demon Slayer in GAZED has been training using a macro for months, iirc a GM actually ended up coming to his map after so many people reported him but he didn't get banned because the way he bots looks 'legitimate'.
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2014-08-14 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Accusations.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Hey guys. I really shouldn't need to say this but be careful with the fingerpointing, kay?

On topic: This has been said many times and it's obvious, but so many people do it because Nexon doesn't do a thing about it. From that spawns people's reasoning that "they don't punish us for it so it must be okay." This goes back to the "leeching" arguments from years back, where people had the same mindset, except as people said before, that's more of a gray area. This one is more blatant.

9. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

The truth of the matter is... no matter the shouting, if Nexon doesn't do anything people will do it.

10. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Well I reported it directly, so whatever happens happens, I'm not sure how they will solve this, or if they already working on it. All and all don't keep your hopes up

11. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

I'm sorry but this is laughable. "Achieve"something by pressing a key (be it your finger or a rock)! I wish I was skilled enough to become a good ms player.

12. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

That's setting the bar pretty low isn't it.

13. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

What is with the "holier than thou" attitude? Just because you don't personally find something like having the willpower and devotion to work towards a level on a game an 'achievement' doesn't mean you need to pomegranate on everyone else's parade over it. If you're acting like this now, you would have REALLY hated Maplestory before big bang.

14. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

ah ok i guess ill move a bit while spinning. thx for clearing that up

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I think the point is it's just a number right now, and technically always has been. Leveling to 200 has never been hard and 201+ is just a pure grind and nothing more since we don't have 5th job. I can understand it being a bigger deal later on after we have 5th job.

What I'm confused about is why is this a thing all of a sudden? There's always been bots in the game since forever ago. This really isn't new, especially with people trying to pass this off as "nothing big".

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Botting using 3rd party programs is not something you can lie to yourself about. People know they're being illegit when they do it, and so most of the population avoids it.

Botting using a weight on the keyboard has rather limited usability.

But with so many classes having powerful, wide-range, keydown skills, and with how simple it is to get them to keep going forever, the temptation is too strong. Too many people manage to lie to themselves that it's legit.

17. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

I really hate when these legitimacy threads rear their heads, mostly because each time this happens the blame gets shifted onto the players doing something dubious rather than the company that's letting the dubious action take place.

18. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

It is not on one side or the other.
    Nexon is unproffesional for not adressing it.
    The players are malicious vermin for taking advantage of it.

Both sides ruin the game.

19. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Please find me any competitive game where players don't exploit any kind of advantage they can get to get ahead. If Nexon doesn't like how people are playing their games, it's up to Nexon to change their games to stop players from doing whatever it is they don't like.

20. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Sounds like the problem is the idiotic classes developed and the architecture not keeping up with it.

>competitive game
    >Maplestory

Dude, ranks mean jack sh`it now especially since quest lines literally feed you to level 100. This game was a tiny bit competitve when 200 meant something, but now? Pfft, rank has no merit, fortunately they made a separate ranking system to honor the original 200's, but come on now.