Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

There were a few times nexon announced they considered it against the rules, but people weren't being banned so they didn't care. They just decided to wait for the patch, the ironic part is, the more everyone complains about it, the more likely we're going to have a mass permaban with a lot of collateral damage. Then you wait a week for them to either correct the error or call it a day

2. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

This is yet another issue you won't be punished for abusing and ends up coming down to morals.

It's botting.

3. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

It is pretty disappointing to see people still abusing stupid things like this and trying to justify it. Why Nexon doesn't ban people who are obviously botting is beyond me.

4. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

It's much easier for them to just camp FM and ban the advertising spammers I guess

5. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Too late perhaps?

They'd end up with like 3 people online after banning the crap people.

6. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

This made me laugh much more than it should have. xD

7. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

If they don't fix something like this, I wonder if they flat out just don't care. I swear the first time I heard "spin4daysss" was like a year ago now..

8. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: ImCensored
    Server: Bera
    Level: 232
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EvoLovE
    Alliance: LessThan3
    Farm: Pickle
    canada

Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

It's gotten a bit out of hand lol. I thought they would've fixed this by now.

9. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Yeah, I don't even see this as a "ban the bad players" issue... It's the game developers, YET AGAIN, leaving big flaws in the game mechanics that get abused by players.

But I understand they are busy, moving that tree in Omega sector and fixing game text about Aran's gender...

10. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Surely this is Nexons fault for not adding new content for 200+ & taking away every social aspect of grinding. KSH is for 160+ I don't see why anyone bothers grinding there tbh I get 210 but with 5th job being at 140 why does it even matter.
    Nexon said 200+ is not a high priority so don't worry about what peeps do past 200 & forget ranks people stopped givin 2 ages ago. Pretty sure there are more mesos farmers botting away then legit people who are higher on the ranks.

11. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Swirlled
    Level: 250
    Job: Aran
    Guild: AUniversityO
    Alliance: Honour
    Farm: Swirlly

Couldn't agree more. It's gotten to a point where the vast majority of high-leveled players (in Bera, at least) are illegit. Even worse is the fact that they see nothing wrong with it, some even being proud of it.
    It's quite disgusting, and insulting to those of us who worked hard for our levels and our spot on the rankings.

12. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

It's always been like this;

2006-2007, packet editing introduced, top 5% of players bought as much duped crap as possible

2008-2010, Used duped rare items for MTS, DC hacked for boss monopolies, had botter mules

2011-2012- quest exploits up the ying yang

And I haven't really paid much attention since then, but you get the idea.

13. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

what if im holding down a key with my finger and looking at my guy spin4days ?

14. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Swirlled
    Level: 250
    Job: Aran
    Guild: AUniversityO
    Alliance: Honour
    Farm: Swirlly

oh, I totally agree. The game has always been riddled with cheaters, and probably always will be. It's quite a sad reality. :/
    However, there's something about these people being on the official rankings with no repercussions at all that really bothers me. Mostly of the past cases have been rather hidden, or less obvious.
    People who don't know any better take a quick look at the rankings and assume that these people are legit... and that's quite annoying.

15. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I believe you intentionally left this part off of your post here, so I'll include it and answer it:

http://support.nexon.net/ics/support...uestionID=1379

Plenty of people are justifying it in such a way in this thread, should you care to dig through it, there's also been a large increase of people doing it, as Rob mention, in Scania. Thankfully my guild hasn't had anyone stupid enough to try to justify it.

16. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

So using Windowed Maplesotry, a keydown skill, and alt+tab (or clicking outside the window) is considered botting?

17. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I used to use the click outside the screen in window mode trick to hold down Hurricane while soloing the boss for 30~45min. I was still watching my char or whatever but it was really a pain (my finger actually hurt okay) to hold it down for that long.

It sounds like this has gone way beyond that to something completely out of hand. As usual, the community will exploit anything they can no matter how unintended by Nexon.

18. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

Grinding = playing the game in a repetitive manner?

Hadriel

19. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

4-5 years ago I could see why this would be a problem for multiple reasons but now? What real dramatic impact do we have that hackers/exploiters haven't already napalmed?

20. Default Re: "It's not botting, it's AFK training"

You're not physically holding down the key anymore, so yes, of course it's considered botting o_O