1. Default New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

Hey all,

So I recently got a new computer with Windows 7 on it. I have found that Maplestory does not even begin to run after the download through the website or Game Launcher. Here's what happens.

In both Chrome AND Firefox AND IE:
    1. Press PLAY
    2. Hackshield pops up, loads a green bar probably about 1/10th of the full bar and goes away.
    3. Black Cipher pops up and goes like half green.
    4. Nothing happens for a few seconds.
    5. The Send Error screen pops up without showing an error.

So, yeah I have no idea what's going on. Firewall is off, Antivirus is off, running as administrator....

Can anyone help me with this?

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

Asking the obvious, but have you tried using the manual launcher?

3. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

"GameLauncher", I assume? If yes, the same thing happened.

Edit: Hold on, I'm going to check if this works...

Went onto the MS forums and I see that a sticky has four .z0# files while I only have three... this may be the problem.

4. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

If that's your issue then you never actually installed it in the first place.

5. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

Nah I definitely installed it but the download from the website itself only gave me three of the four files.

But yes, that was the problem.... nevermind, it still doesn't work.

6. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

If you don't have the 4th file, the extraction of the installation files never completes and you cannot possibly install the game. I think you you don't understand what you are looking at. Your problem is symptomatic Hackshield never having been actually installed. If you ave the files sitting in a folder and try to run them, it will fail. It sounds to me like you just tried to copy the NEXON folder to your new machine and run the game. You need to do a full re-install.

7. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

I did not copy my Nexon folder at all and I know exactly what I am looking at. Here is what I did.

1. Install via maplestory.nexon.net on Chrome to download. After allowing it to install, it only showed three of the four files in the Maplestory folder it created. This happened when I uninstalled it again and downloaded/installed from Firefox. The same thing happened, 3/4 of the files.
    2. I go through the Nexon Tech Support forums and find a Sticky showing that there should be four .0# files along with the installer. I uninstall Maplestory yet again and delete the previously downloaded .z0# files. In its place, I put the newly downloaded Installation file along with the four .z0# files. I begin installing. Hackshield still doesn't run properly even with a full install with all of the necessary files.

edit: I think it's definitely some sort of issue with AhnLab's Hackshield. Though I have redownloaded the files several times. The HSUpdate also does not run and acts the same as when I try to start the game itself.

8. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

IF you are using the pando downloader that they push on you,. please don't. It's best if you use this: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...te-july-8-2014 Download all 5 setup files and then run the EXE. (If you didn't do that already... Just covering the bases.)

Now, if Hackshield cannot access its update server, it shows a bar with no progress and crashes out. Same with Blackcipher. Your next best bet is to manually update those files. You can find the manual installs for them on this page - http://maplestory.nexon.net/support/game-download They are just file replacements, so they take no real effort. The update server info has changed a few times and manually re-installing it is sometimes the only way to get it to look in the right place.

I've fought this particular demon before on my primary win7 desktop and I have had to replace my Hackshield completely every once in a while. Also make sure you run Gamelauncher as an administrator (which you aid you are doing). Sometimes I can only launch the game with my designated icon. Sometimes I can only launch through gamelauncher directly. Sometime I have to use the website. It' silly. Most of the time, though, my designated launching shortcut makes it work.

9. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

I don't know what Pando installer is and a search in my programs shows that I don't have it. I have already manually updated HShield and Cipher several times to no avail.

This.. is getting frustrating.

10. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

Did you try restarting your computer?

11. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

You quoted me before I finished my post. Give it another look and see if it's still the same situation for you.

12. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

Okay. So I don't have Pando Booster whatever, that's good. I just manually downloaded Cipher and Hackshield (again). Went through the autoupdater for HS and says it is up to date... Still nothing on Gamelauncher, website, etc.

I'm going to download the files in the patch notes... maybe they are somehow different from what it posted in a sticky on the Tech forums.... ugh.

13. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

It sounds like you got the right files. WHat you may have to actually do is Uninstall it through Programs and Features on the control panel. Then restart the PC and re-install with your manual installation files.

At the very least, you'll know for sure that you have a perfectly clean install and can work from that point of view.

Now, another problem could be that it cannot initialize your graphic output. Try this - go to the NEXON\maplestory folder. run Setup.exe. When the dialogue pops up, say No. Follow the instructions of the program from that point on. This program is designed to fix graphic startup issues and it may be the kick you need.

14. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

A final un/reinstallation proved fruitless. I'm just gonna hope that the patch tomorrow will help somehow.

15. Default Re: New computer (Win7) won't get passed Hackshield/Cipher on Startup

Annnnd, I still have the exact same problem.