Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

No =[ There's an Elle costume from the bonus dungeon though, so you can transform each character to look like her, or any other character in the game.

2. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

I have to wait until Friday to get this, I can't waaaiiiitt. Hopefully this holds me over until Hyrule warriors. ...Which will hold me over until SMASH.

3. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

I'm actually really enjoying it so far but...

Spoiler

4. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

Just got my Collectors Edition today. The $130 price-tag was not cool, but I definitely don't regret getting it. This game really should have more hype. I think it's somewhat underestimated.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

The "Tales of" series in general is underrated in the west.

6. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

JRPG:s as a whole ha lost much of the pull they had 10-15 years ago. The kids these days eh?

Then again, looking at the recent Final Fantasy entries, I can hardly blame them.

7. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...01Z00000000000

There is a free "Custom Order Set" available that comes with the following mats:
    15 Copper Ore, 10 Beautiful Feathers, 10 Poison Stingers, 5 Hard Scales, and 3 Weird Fragments

Couldn't hurt to take it.

As a reminder, Aselia Wiki has all the Allium Orbs completely mapped out.
    Ex: http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/ToX2_-_...ik:_Allium_Orb
    They're in the process of getting everything localized, and they'll probably have it done by the end of the week.
    The tables are mapped out as if the circle were laid flat. The colours mimic those seen in the Allium Orb, so Green = Skill, Orange = Arte, Yellow Outline = Mastery Level.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Free stuff is nice. That's all I ever downloaded for Xillia 1, asides from the "Cameo" costumes.

9. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

Finally got all my sexy Title Weapons.
    http://imgur.com/a/7Upu8#0
    They're weaker than the Devil Beast weapons, but those all come with a "Take Increased Damage" effect, and these have real bonuses.
    Alvin's look awful. Seraphic Hearts are gigantic, lolwut. Muzet's aren't visible on her =[

Found this to be hilarious
    Spoiler

10. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

Enjoying the game so far, but I have a few minor complaints. First, I usually enjoy games with a silent protagonist, but this one kind of bothers me. I don't feel like a silent protagonist really fits in a tales game. With all the skits and battle victory interactions, it's just kind of awkward with Ludger being mostly silent. Second, I have no problem with the idea of repaying a debt, but will you stop pestering me about making a payment every single screen transition. I thought it would be over when I payed off the 10,000 they wanted, but then they just wanted another 10,000 right after that.

11. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

Soon my pretties.

12. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

Yes the Debt thing is really annoying, should have a -Do not notify me option- I'll pay the damn debt! Also man was Volt a step up in difficulty, but fun.

13. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

:D

14. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

I just started my New Game+ and made the mistake of selling things. I have 200k Gald now and she won't shut up so I had to stop at the start of Chapter 3. Hopefully, I can spend all that money on useables so I can make it stop.

I've learned that there's a hidden affection rating for Elle, Bisley, and Julius. Elle's requires at least two playthroughs to achieve. Each one gives a special weapon, plus a letter from them before the final dungeon. They're fairly strong too.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Actually started my first playthrough tonight after my sisters and I beat Symphonia 1. I'm not really a fan of the whole "silent protagonist" ordeal. Didn't really get far though, just got Jude into the party and called it a night.

16. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

I'm not finding Nova's debt hassling that bad so far. I just pay a bit towards it each time she asks unless she suddenly asks when ive just made enough after the last payment.

Although last night i found 50g in a baggy and she immediately called me like PAY UP peach ._.

17. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

What exactly does NG+ add that isn't mentioned in the grade shop? I heard it unlocks a couple new dungeons? Also, can I start chapter 15 without locking myself out of anything, like payments/character quests/board requests?

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I heard it gives Ludger a "full" Voiceover in the game. As in he talks for every choice you make and then some.

19. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

yeah, that shows in the grade shop.

20. Default Re: Tales of Xillia 2 General [Aug. 19 NA, 22 EU]

As far as I know, there's no additional things from a New Game+ aside from Grade Shop, and Elle's affection points. The voiceover is really minor as it only applies to choices.

There's a few quests from the bulletin board that are time limited.
    Non-exhaustively,
    JP NameTranslated NameChapter RangeReward
    少女のプレゼントGirl's Present1~11?Elle's Hat
    父親のプレゼントFather's Present7~12??
    エルの忘れ物Elle's Lost Item6~12?Item Ball Plus
    兄の軌跡・1Traces of Brother 17~12?-
    兄の軌跡・2Traces of Brother 210~12?-
    ユリウスとの出会いMeeting with Julius9~14?Hairpin
    リドウの依頼Redau's Request9~14Ridau's Sunglasses
    ビズリーの命令Bisley's Orders14~15?Staff ID Card
    These aren't particularly well documented. All these quests are red-named, but not all red quests are time limited.

There's a Bad Ending at the end of Chapter 15, if you lose the boss fight there.

There otherwise might be some skits that you could miss if you don't hit select or whatnot.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2014-08-24 at 03:11 PM.