Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Pelosi is a plantain

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...house-chamber/

I didn't even think it was possible for her to be less likeable, but she always manages to surprise me.

and let me just say, I didn't even know this guy, but, I think he must be some sort of saint for not decking her right there at his podium when she got in his face like that the second time.

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

a likely story

3. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

The freaking video on ABCNews cuts off at exactly the point I actually watched it to see.

4. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

She lied about him "apologizing" for no apparent reason, why wouldn't she lie about the rest? Given her history, I assume every single thing out of her mouth is either a blatant lie or the ramblings of a senile old woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFRMWB2n6E

They mostly ignored her until the end, where he did some gaveling and asked for the House to get back into order.

5. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I'm disappointed. I would have loved to see the actual confrontation and watch that plum make an ass out of herself.

6. Trump minus th money

...shouldn't it be peach instead of plantain?

7. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I always have thought of her as a massive you-can-guess-what since she claimed that the only way for the American public to read the healthcare bill she wanted passed was to vote for it without reading it:

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I didn't think it was that bad. *shrug*

9. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

Because most ordinary Americans not only read all laws passed, but also would want to read all 900-some pages of the ACA.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

what kind of argument is this? you can't pass pomegranate without telling the public what's in it. look at all the SOPA and whatever BS. now imagine trying to pass that without revealing what exactly the law said

11. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

We had that happen in Colombia last year.. or something very similar. Congress passed a law "without reading it" and "for some reason" there were all these things that gave absurd benefits and protections to (who would have guessed it) all congressmen. Politicians are just despicable.

12. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

That's not my argument (and it wasn't what Nancy Pelosi was arguing either).

13. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

When a politician doesn't want constituents to read a bill they're passing, it's not out of concern for eye strain or wasting their time.

If you don't think that there would have been attorneys and other law experts combing through the bill to notify the public as to what exactly is in the bill, you're mistaken. They were denied the opportunity to read not out of a lack of interest, but rather a lack of conscience on Pelosi's part.

14. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

1) That clip is taken out of context
    2) She's not saying "we're not going to tell you what's in it, lol" she's saying "if you really want to understand it, read it yourself" ("beyond the fog of controversy")

Can't find any news articles that say that experts were denied the right to read the bill, but I've only done a half-assed search anyways.

15. Trump minus th money

if that's what she meant, why didn't she say it?

16. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

17. Trump minus th money

as opposed to "but you should read it with an open mind, away from the fog of controversy"

18. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

There are an infinite number of other ways she could've said it and I did not say that was the best way to say it. Invariably how you interpret that comment is based off of your world view, your political views, among others.

19. Trump minus th money

I don't trust any politician.