IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I'm really starting to hope that xparasite9's posts aren't serious.

I think Khaini has made some excellent points. As long as conditions in the US are significantly better than these children's home countries and they feel there is a reasonable chance to get in, they will keep coming. Now we could just kick them right back out or sew the border up tight, but that does nothing to address the fundamental problem that these are children living in horrible conditions with basically no where else to go. I think the majority of Americans would consider punting them back grossly irresponsible.

Let's also keep in mind that while the number of child immigrants crossing the border has increased, the overall number of immigrants has decreased. Since these children likely don't represent the criminals and terrorists we definitely want to keep out, I'd call this a win instead of a national crisis. Then again, I'm not a Republican congressman up for reelection.

This whole issue boils down to the same old story. Our current immigration laws are hopelessly outdated and the infrastructure pretending to enforce the current laws is woefully inadequate. It sure would be nice to see some bipartisan immigration reform, but there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening before the 2016 elections with "compromise" becoming a dirty word.

It's times like these that make me wish we had more than two parties. A little enforced compromise might reduce the grandstanding. Long term, the Republican position is untenable. There's no way that they can continue while basically ignoring huge minority portions of the electorate. Their strategy of firing up the base achieves short term gains at the expense of long term recruitment and issues. That's assuming there are even still enough ultraconservative while male voters left to make a difference.

Yes, yes I'm exaggerating, but I think the trend is definitely there.

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

It's times like always that I wish we had zero parties. Seriously pineapple partisan politics it's pomegranate and it has always been pomegranate.

3. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

4. Trump minus th money

actually I just thought of another idea.
    Why not impose sanctions? Sanctions on Central America for allowing people to jump onto a train in the first place, and sanctions on Mexico for not throwing them off of the train.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Because sanctions will only increase the power of the drug cartels and lower the amount of legitimate jobs people can get. Making the poor countries poorer isn't going to help anyone.

6. Trump minus th money

then overthrow the governments that are obviously in bed with the cartels if sanctions won't motivate them

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Because that worked brilliantly in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm just going to walk away now.

8. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

Yet another example of "Doffy is always right". We DO have our own problems to deal with, it's not our problem to deal with the problems of other countries, that's why I really wish Ron Paul had been elected, his policies are much more isolationist which I really like. I don't really care about the whole "land of opportunity" crap, I'm not the one saying that, that's other people. I'm tired of this country helping people only for those same people to pomegranate all over us. Why the pineapple do we still give aid to Hamas and other terrorist groups? The only country that actually seems to have our back is Israel, and that's likely only because they want us to help them tame their pomegranatety ass region, the second the middle east is a smoldering nuclear wasteland they will be done with us and treat us just as badly as everyone else. We are only bringing this upon ourselves, if you give, others take, and take, and take, never satisfied, always asking for more. At this point we are responsible for the middle east because we are the ones that pineappleed it up so badly, the best solution is to draw in and not give anyone ANYTHING that resembles help, they just use that help to strike back at us. Eventually, the population will stabilize as all of the people that need aid to survive die off, solving all resource crises, also, those terrorist organizations will have NO BASE TO DRAW FROM, nobody to kidnap and place in their armies, nobody to volunteer or donate or even for the organizations to steal from, and they will all go under as well. It's insensitive, it's mean, and I'm a plantain for saying it, but it's the truth, and the truth is almost never "nice". There don't need to be anywhere near this many people on the planet, and if people won't keep it in their pants and plan ahead, drastic times call for drastic measures.

9. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I wouldn't necessarily say they're in bed with them, officials get assassinated regularly if they aren't complacent. The USA government, even with our massive military can't simply commit genocide to the entire cartels

Believe me, I agree we need to stop aiding other countries, especially not until Detroit is fixed up. You also have to understand our international ties unfortunately gives us a responsibility of support in a cause we deem justified. I honestly think we should just leave the middle east in general, too many countries have tried to intervene in their wars with no real dent.

We aren't the world police, but when a country is overflowing with innocent people trying to break in because of the danger at home, I believe that is an acceptable and necessary reason to intervene, especially being a neighboring country. Cut off their product, and they will deteriorate or weaken to the point of shoving them over. This isn't a problem we should simply turn a blind eye too, it does affect us, at our very home.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

pomegranate they could just do as they did in panama "sorta" and invade and scour the nation. the big con is that mexico is very very VERY big compared to my backwater 2 and a half yards country, not to mention the pomegranatestorm that would ensue and how impossible it would be to set up without the good ol' cartels finding out.

11. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

The best plan

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

@Flonne; I don't think that kind of isolationism policy has been viable since WWII. If the financial crisis and our recent attempts to sanction Russia have taught us anything, it's that the global economy is so interwoven that it's impossible to the point of suicide to withdraw from it. You can't pretend that ceasing to give foreign aid won't have negative economic impacts at home. Aid is a tiny portion of our national budget and cutting it off would largely represent a drop in the bucket to our problems. Meanwhile those couple million dollars are all that's propping up some countries. This doesn't even count any moral responsibilities we may have.

You're "let them all starve" plan is equally suicidal. Overpopulation is certainly a problem, but not in the poor rural countries. It's primarily a problem in reasonably developed nations where urbanization promotes population growth without matching food production. Short of going to war or a global plague or forced sterilization, there's really nothing to be done about it. I think the Dan Brown's Inferno covered the problem reasonably well for a work of fiction.

If we tried any kind of enforced population control through removing food subsidies, we'd just get sky rocketing crime rate and a possible armed insurrection. That's assuming we ever managed to get the political willpower to do it anyway.

Frankly, the only viable solution to overpopulation is a well coordinated world wide government conspiracy to sterilize a heavy percentage of the world's population through something like vaccines. Unfortunately, our governments are so inept this would likely fail anyway. We can only hope that a plague arises soon.

I've gone kind of far afield with this reply...