Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

You are assuming she has the best of intentions, which, anyone who knows anything about her knows, she does NOT. She is probably senile at this point, so it's not entirely her fault I guess.

2. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"

How is that out of context?

"read it yourself"

She said, and I quote, "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." That is saying exactly what I said - that she wants people to vote for the bill without reading it.

3. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

Because you forget the second half of that statement? Not to mention the things she says before it.

4. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I'm more annoyed that he's trying to deflect an issue as if it's the democrats fault that it wasn't taken care of, even though it's been a "push away" problem for almost 50 years. While the GOP is more focused on the USA becoming east Germany and building a wall inspired from the game of thrones, we decide to avoid the problem which is majority a pitiful and almost unnecessary consequence of the "war on drugs".

5. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

Both sides are dodging the issue, I agree, it's just, he has a point, they had a majority in everything a couple years ago and never did anything with it. As I've said before, my dad watches fox news so I am subjected to that sometimes, but, those people go as far as to say that they are embarrassed of their ideals at this point and that's why they just block stuff and don't pass anything, as if a politician of any affiliation could experience any human emotion, much less guilt.

6. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

He doesn't and let me explain why;

When the democratic party had super-majority their primary focus was strictly economical the first year and maybe a half. Credit card regulations, bank regulations, extension of unemployment benefits because the job situation was bleak, and finishing up with drafts of health reform. This doesn't include the Haiti relief program or the massive oil spill that demanded necessary and immediate attention.

There were a list of problems and immigration was not an immediate problem, in fact it declined because the economy got so messed up. The reason it's an issue now is because of the dream act causing a misinterpretation leading to an entire migration of children who NEED help. Whether the united states is entitled to give that help is an entirely different discussion.

The problem I see is, another GOP/Republican victimizing their party in order to gain a distraction of their very, very, apathetic, and frankly crass solution to just hurdle them up, throw em out and build a 50 foot wall with side-swaying saws.

7. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I guess given Congress' overall terrible work ethic, that's a good point, but it still doesn't make it RIGHT. If they actually did pomegranate at a pace of a full time job for any normal person, they could easily handle 5-10x the workload they currently do. Even more if they spent less time grandstanding and more time actually doing things.

8. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

The do-nothing congress you speak of, started, and continues (112/113th) with a republican dominated house, which has been, as far as I'm concerned, terrorists, has been the least productive congress in national history. But data like that can be skewed, if they aren't passing the most laws they clearly could be passing quality.

Wrong again, all they've been doing is fighting the bold, controversial bills Obama passed (ACCA/Dodd-frank/Lilly ledbetter) and actually closed the federal government down like a bunch of f`ucking babies. Then you hear this stupidity of "OH THE DEMOCRATS REFUSED TO NEGOTIATE THE DEBT CEILING, THEY F`UCKED EVERYTHING", I'm not a democrat but you can see who the f`uck is lying. The democrats took the budget the republicans wanted and gloated about in 2008 and offered it as their opening negotiation. That was f`ucking retarded, they put everything they could offer and of course the republicans are going to press for more. If you want a definition of our government parties, frekin democrats are spineless, and lack ANY testosterone, while the republicans are ignorant monkeys who still try to hold to principles that are archaic, halting any type of progression based on "traditional" values.

9. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

funny. these don't look like children to me
    /* */
    /* */

10. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

Are you denying that there is x amount of children that were essentially harbored here, out of their control? From my understanding the issue is what to do with the children, not with everyone else.

11. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

Both sides are completely in the wrong, and both sides are lying, that's what politics is. Pick any topic, and chances are, both sides are doing absolutely everything incorrectly and lying about it every inch of the way. It's just human nature, when you gain power, you lose everything else.

12. Trump minus th money

It's not like they are starving lol.
    professional whackjob Glenn Beck sent tractor trailers filled with food, and the food (I believe they were tamales) was turned down because it was "too cold".

13. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

It isn't about who's more right, its about whos taking the effort for bipartisanship, which neither are doing ever since the government shutdown because it was the most petty sh`it ever.

Uh, isn't there like, several videos of people calling Arizona police saying how they were dying of thirst and pomegranate? That and it isn't about if they are comfortable, if they get sent back they will most likely be killed.

14. Trump minus th money

And we don't already have millions of malnourished children in the United States?
    Just in case you decide to try to cite the inscription on the Statue of Liberty, that was written back when there was no welfare state.

What about the diseases being brought in? What about the tuberculosis that's been contracted by workers at these concentration facilities?

15. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

You make it sound like we had a choice in the matter and we welcomed them. As far as I know, they have no place to call home, if you can consciously deport all of them from a place that proudly declares itself the "land of opportunity", then it's your hypocrisy you have to deal with. The consequences of their arrival should have no bearing of how we should handle them, them being children.

16. Trump minus th money

Which is why we need to stop any more from coming in.
    Instead of implicitly encouraging human trafficking, child endangerment, abuse, and rape.

17. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

How do you stop handle* a cornered rabbit?

These children and family have a conviction that can't be stopped by, well, what I would consider humanitarian methods. Short of building a multi trillion dollar wall, or just executing them at the border, unless the drug war stops, this will persist.

So although your solution of plugging the whole is the epitome of common sense, it's worthless tripe unless you can provide a solution, one you nor I have the experience to even confront. Hell even the border patrol is corrupt enough to be paid on the side to look the other way.

18. Trump minus th money

bust down the walls on the other side.
    or just shoot the rabbit. that'd probably be easier.

19. Default Re: Pelosi is a plantain

I slipped in an edit so I'll let you confront it before responding

20. Trump minus th money

let's turn this war on drugs into a real war.
    we are in a sense being invaded, so why not invade right back?