Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: [Game Over] Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

1. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Hmm, so we have word of god saying that no skill can prevent my self destruct from succeeding, but also redirection. I suppose it would be Niernen's call then. Does your substitute take investigations too? Like Mug's or Words' investigations would just show nothing. Looking at it more closely your ability might even be more powerful than Mas'.

2. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Sorry, I have been out traveling the last day and getting ready for college. @Holypie; No skill can stop your self destruct. So disable and confusion would not stop you from exploding, nor would Mas' tentacles. You would always explode. But Polantari's protection could take the blow for someone else, and Meta's subs would take the hit for him.
    @VerrKol; Adventure would save you from a kill, as you would not be in town when the mafia tried to kill you. However, you tried playing the pokeflute before going on your adventure, and the mafia used that time to kill you...

Some of the roles could definitely use some rebalancing. Sorry @CakesXD; for getting stuck with a boring role. Shidoshi's and Mas' skill could have probably been switched too to suit their affiliations more.

3. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Ah, it's no problem. I still had fun, and I know there's always some boring roles. :P

Hm, VerrKol could've saved himself and extended the game by at least another day. What a shame.

By the way, what exactly happened on Night 1 when nobody was killed?

4. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Luv targeted Polantaris.

5. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

And that explains everything.

6. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Brain's not working apparently, could not put those two together. Thanks.

Still interested in knowing what all the moves do, though (also information about evolutions would be neat).

7. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

We legitimately didn't know about the roleblock, but we initially thought it had something to do with match theory (you can probably draw parallels to my discussion of it on the same day, since I was still throwing theories out on how the mechanics worked)

Yes, definitely; I want to know what my skills would have done (and had I evolved into Beedrill, whether I'd gain any new abilities). @Niernen;

8. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

I'm moving today, so I'll be busy untill around 5pm, I'll try to explain how all the moves work then, sorry.

9. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

Okay, so how powers work (in order of priority):

First was Mas' bind, to capture a target. The move he redirected would have the same priority as normal.

Disable was next in priority, and would block any move except Thunder and explosion.

Shidoshi's Psychic would have gone next if he had gotten the chance to use it.

Next was Sweet Kiss. It would confuse a player and have a 50% chance to redirect their move upon themselves. This would cause Thunder and Hyperbeam to kill their users.

Meta's substitute dolls would be next, and could protect another player from one attack, but would fade the next night. It would not protect from status moves. Meta's own sub would stop 2 attacks. xBTAx's Mirror move would ahve gone at the same time, and would would let him redirect moves used at or by a pokemon to their user.

CJ's wish and Polantari's Protect/defense curl would have gone next, to stop any kills.

Thunder was next. It could be protected against or redirected.

Odor Sleuth, Water gun, most metronome moves, and poison sting all happen around now. So would transform/copy. Thunder could not be copied (or we would have 2 killers), so I gave him thunderwave instead.

Hypers camouflage would go last.

Rest and Hyperbeam could be used at any time and would go first if used at night. Adventure would have Verrkol leave town, and would have the highest priority, unless did another action first.

Kyrastri's evolution to beedrill would have given him twineedle, which would have a 50% chance to badely poison a target, and give them only one night. I had originally planned to give it a 50% chance to poison two targets, but that was scrapped. Twineedle could poison Kyrastri if it was redirected to him (poison sting would not).

10. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

yeah, that was my first mistake. after the whole simple thing i didn't trust the fact that you were trying to pull off that gambit and everything and tried to kill you.