Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Mafia Wins

1. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

I'm barely awake and haven't read most of this page, but since I am still awake: I doubt it. I don't know how much Niernen did at the last minute, but it really does seem like the mechanics are separate from the individual Pokemon role name flavor. What Pokemon someone is likely only affected the name of their ability (which is to say that in some cases the ability's relevance to a Pokemon could be a bit of a stretch, I'm assuming, but that would require most of the players making requests).

2. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Polantaris, like faon, has a way with words. We never figured out who Polantaris targeted with his ability. Alot of people seemed to have gotten some sort of notification, so I guess the big question is who did Polataris target? And did they get a notice as well? I will admit, I jumped to a rapid conclusion that Polantaris targeted you, which is where my theory came from, but Polantaris never quite said who he targeted.

Edit: xBTAx said it best for why I am leaving out pokemon types for now. They may play a role, but it is too early to tell.

3. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

Hmm, come to think of it, you may be right.

I dunno yet, but I was already doubting about the accuracy of my theory once Cakes said he's not an Arcanine. I did get what was Cake hinting.

4. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

I basically told everyone my type. All you need to do to figure out my type is google search my avatar (which can be done by click and drag). When Hypermug made the joke about "imitating a star" I specifically said that, interestingly enough, anyone who could figure out what my avatar was would be able to determine my type.

Edit: Bleh, that didn't work the way I expected it to (it just linked to my profile page here). So I'll just say what my avatar is: It's the True Earth Rune from Suikoden. Earth. That's all the clues I give for it.

I am absolutely certain you are at least two out of three of C. Most likely neutral. If you're not lying, of course.

Sure. I actually got two PM's. At some time during the night, I suddenly felt a powerful shock that jolted me. I frantically searched around but I didn't find anyone. Then, the second PM (that came later), told me that when I awoke, I realized I was Paralyzed (I must be shi'tty in a fight if it takes me that long) and that every night from now on I have a 25% chance to be role blocked, and a 25% chance to be cured of Paralyze.

The Ground/Rock type thing may be true, but I doubt it considering this post which points out that he Paralyzes using Thunder. But last time I checked he claimed flat out Roleblocker last night. Once again Luv looks insanely suspicious to me due to giving half facts. If the role PM specifically said it does Paralyze, he should have looked up that effect in Pokemon, which is definitely not a 100% guaranteed turn block. It's also an insanely powerful ability for a mafia game, way too easy to screw up and permanently punish the Town, we all know how Paralyze works in Pokemon =P.

No, it lasts multiple turns. It will last until it hits the 25% chance to cure itself, or I assume an outside source can help me out.

For this scenario to be even remotely plausible, I'd have to be a Psychic type. I've already revealed, since my first post actually, that I am not. What Ground/Rock ability do you know of that can control people? I will say right now that my ability is linked to my type. Whether this was intentional or not I cannot say.

I targeted myself last night. It had nothing to do with anyone else. Take that as you will, although I probably just revealed way too much information.

5. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

(Yes, I know quoting a post with mentions will mention everyone again. I'm sorry :\)
    I just wanted to clarify that I never made any claim that I wasn't a Staryu. Secondly, don't forget that @Kyrastri was stopped from using her role as well. I don't know how many roleblockers are in a normal mafia game, but now we have confirmation of at least two.

6. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

Apparently we have one that will roleblock over time at a chance, and one that will just flat out roleblock.

I'm not so sure that I believe that Luv's ability was only supposed to roleblock over time, considering a 25% chance, while it might turn out dangerous for the target, isn't exactly the best ability. It may have been weakened due to my type.

7. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

And I, myself didn't even know about that hidden power. This time is seriously not my fault :(

So, you targeted yourself? Interesting..

8. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

If C is right and you're pulling my leg like niernen/faon did........... :c

:C

Do I have to link the harry potter clip again? DO I?

It is curious that it didn't work. Though if you're lying about what it is, then we should be glad that it didn't end up killing or severely maiming Hyper. Everyone's made it out alive, but we're not out of the cave yet!

theory time!
    May be useful, may not be; either way I'm throwing it out there until someone tells me to shut the pineapple up ):

To preface, I have no idea what is going on with the cakes-hyper thing going on over there... so I'm going to avoid it where possible since I don't want to use too many assumptions. If I get my head around it I'll post a Niernen-Chaz type scenario layout with the possibilities.

Move Theory

Who wouldn't, you gorgeous lady ;)

Do you like grass? Can I ask you out? I feel like you've been leading me on...

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe that Luv didn't know about it if the PMs were worded ambiguously. Mine was pretty confusing and I had to ask questions, and even then I didn't get all the answers. And somehow I doubt that mine's the most interesting out of the block... somehow :T

edit: still first half of day two but this is a gentle prod to post something @Simple; :) Even if nothing happened to you maybe some opinions floating around from you will be a good thing.

9. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

@Kyrastri; yay i love reading your theories wen i wake up <3. also i hate grass tbh, im more of an ice, psychic, ghost chick.
    and my move is a gen 2 move so its not all gen 1 im guessin

editted: PM cleared things up with tht so dont mind it at all, hence the strike.
    Last edited by meowmixx; 2014-08-06 at 08:08 AM. Reason: no need to fear nicki minaj is here :D

10. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

-laughs maniacally-

Right now, I'm thinking at least Match Theory is in place. Physical/Special resistance is a bit Farfetch'd (heh).

11. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 1

Too long, but I did read.

Thanks for believing in me, Kyra :) Indeed, my PM was confusing until I wasn't entirely sure of how my roleblocking worked. I only found out about it last night.

And yes, Simple, where are you? Just wondering your existence in the game. Do speak up on your opinions :)

Another heads-up: I won't be active for the second half of the day (Thursday, nearly the whole day my time, or Wednesday night - Thursday morning EST). So, don't suss me because I'm inactive.

12. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Good morning guys, things starting well but the follow up seems rather long and confusing with all these claims and stuff.
    Nothing interesting happened to me last night so I'll just comment on what goes on I've found interesting on your posts.

1) CakesxD's PM seems interesting. If not lying, it sounds like someone is trying to kill Hypermug without getting his own hands dirty. I found this http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/index.php/Witch, could it be that there's a witch or something similar? I also wonder what the interaction between them is, for him not to get killed. Maybe he got healed? I doubt they're both lying but I don't think that clears them completely, especially Hypermug.

2)
    How do you know we have a bus driver? Luv claimed role blocker, we might have a role forcer but where do you get the bus driver thing? Am I missing something?

3) Now Kyrastri also claims to have her role blocked while Luv already claimed to have blocked Polantaris. And Polantaris later confirmed something that fits Luv's description of his action... meaning, we have 2 role blockers?

4) Someone watching meowmixx but that she doesn't think was the cop is weird and I don't know what to take from it. Apparently in addition to two role blockers and a role forcer we have someone that watches.

5) As for the two votes we got going now I don't know how to feel about them. Verrkol's point about Olsi is kinda weak, considering Olsi was suspicious of Luv yesterday and even voted for him, today's reaction isn't that off. Maspan's vote makes more sense except that one of the reasons, the whole saying "yay doctor" thing, seems kinda weak too. I don't know if I'd follow and vote for either.

6) ChaoticCJ guess of what happened last night doesn't make sense to me. To me it looks completely wrong because Polantaris is a an earth pokemon and I think he wouldn't be able to force someone else's action (that seems more like a psychic type of pokemon, if you ask me) but then why would Pikachu's action work on an Earth Pokemon? Also, assuming Polantaris isn't lying about all this I can guess why he used his action on himself.

7) As for Luv, he's so random it's damn hard to read. Yesterday he focused hard on Simple but roleblocks Polantaris. The thing is that Polantaris kinda confirms Luv's version of last night, which makes me feel like Luv isn't lying. Also the fact that Polantaris keeps throwing suspicion at him makes me believe it's not a devious plot by the two of them.

8) If no one is lying there are a lot of roles/actions going on every night.
    -Luv claimed he can role block
    -Polantaris has a night action he can use on himself
    -CakesxD might have an action
    -Kyrastri also has an action but didn't say what it was, only that it was blocked.
    -Someone that watches meow but isn't a cop
    -Someone else that blocks

Some haven't talked or didn't say anything particularly noticeable, I think that at least 1 mafian is talking actively while some hide in silence/being unnoticeable. The problem is figuring out who... and I don't think the votes so far make complete sense so I'm not following into that. I was kind of suspicious about Kyrastri because of the fact that she didn't reveal what was blocked but the theory she posted makes me think she's trying to help town so I'm not sure who to go for.

13. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Shidoshi ended up being the bus driver.

I have a good idea of who blocked me (not Luv, besides Polantaris confirmed that he was paralysed) and I have hinted at it, but unless they claim as well I don't really want to point any fingers and end up wrong LOL

If absolutely necessary I will claim (which should be identical to everyone else here), but I honestly think that nobody will believe me even if I do, given all the other roles that have been out in the open so far. With no confirmed pm I can't exactly prove what my skill is, and I'm a little eager to test it out myself... So I'll wait to see wtp I can actually do; if anything goes wrong I will go transparent ASAP, I assure you.

Edit: going to sleep, cya'll tomorrow

14. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

On the whole moves being related to Pokemon types I am just gonna say that I have a move that does not match my type. But that could just be me.

15. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

It may not be your type, but it is it something your Pokemon can learn?

16. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Naturally? Yes.

17. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

off to the pokemart for a few hours. anyone want lemonades or soda pop?

18. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Just got up, gonna compile some thoughts.
    • Given Shidoshi's flip I think it's rather safe to assume that Niernen used the most iconic/trope pokemon from gen 1. The weakling, the icon, the brooding 3rd party (magikarp, pikachu, mewtwo, etc).
    • Given that, I'm more reluctant to believe Luv is town, but I might just be a stupid sucker. I'd assume Pikachu is a role here, and since nobody's cc'ed them yet, in my opinion I think it's safe to think Luv isn't lying about being a Pikachu. And, going off of what I said yesterday, I don't think mafia would've thrown one of their members under the bus this early, and it's unlikely that mafia wasn't currently on Luv's wagon (emphasis on unlikely, not impossible).
    • On that same thread, I'm highly suspicious of some of the people on the wagons for both Shidoshi and Luv yesterday. Meta's tunneling and attacks on Luv stuck out the most to me when I was initially reading the comments, and re-reading them now makes it seem like he was just sort of feeding the flames in order to make his jump on the bandwagon less suspicious. Holypie's and Kyrastri's votes were rather odd as well, but Meta's series of posts leading up to Luv's vote just stuck out to me a lot.
    • Thank you MasPan for summarizing everything so far. Makes it easier to keep track of in my notes.
    • @TheBirds; I'm going to assume you just harmlessly splashed me? Thanks. Begone with your water antics. (I didn't get anything about being splashed)
    • Don't think abilities are affected by pokemon types. (especially since this is gen 1 before like steel and dark and shiz)
    • Y'all need to stop making long boring posts that quote like 7 different things :'(
    • Blah blah blah talking about what roles and abilities were used last night blah blah
    I'll articulate more thoughts about specific people in a little bit.

meowmixx get me fresh water that stuff is bad for you

Edit:
    Oh, right, forgot to say what I thought about Shidoshi's votes. Less to say in general. Town wanting to get them out of the way because they were subbing out, and mafia wanting to get an easy lynch. TheBirds' vote seemed most genuine to me.

19. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

Do you mind expanding on this? As I already said earlier, I agree that what Cakes said clears nothing, but I don't agree with the sentiment that it leaves me looking more suspicious. I didn't receive any notice of being attacked last night, and I would not have known at all if it wasn't for Cakes posting it here. I feel like what you/other people considering that option is essentially this;"The mafia tried to kill Hypermug, therefore he is mafia." It just doesn't make sense to me.

20. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia - Day 2

I was in no way jumping to conclusions, polantaris stated that it might block him in the future and I dont believe an ability which could potentially block people multiple turns is very town like, it seems more fitted for mafia, paralyze a bunch of people and have them crippled. Your vote on me is extremely weak, I've been on Luv's case since yesterday and he seems more suspicious now with his power explained and polantaris confirming it does last multiple turns. So @VerrKol; I ask, what are you gonna do? The multiple turn roleblock is true, does that seem like a town ability to you?

The fact that youre defending Luv BLINDLY and ignoring things he has said/done because you "cant understand him" makes me question your innocence.