Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: [Event Discussion] Gen I Pokemon Mafia

1. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Like Mas later said, we were convinced that Luv was going to die because of how unnaturally pushy he was that day. Even going by "meta game", he normally jumps around wagons before settling on one. D1 he was near INSTANTLY pushing Simple, and others picked up on it.

My face when the wagon shifted every day was probably priceless. While I had planned around it, Luv being alive was better as it would shift focus away from Meta, who was probably the most convincing mafia townie ever (to me) :3

I was pretty spooked when @Shidoshi; asked Luv whether his mafia buddies were telling him to shush. We didn't really tell him to shut up, surprisingly; we just made sure that nobody was giving away unintentional information, and it did suck that we slipped up a few times but nothing really came out of it.

I feel like the game really did unravel a little after Simple happened when it came to the dead/host talking here, and while it was a long game I'm not sure how to feel about it. It was somewhat restrained but at times attention was practically drawn to us when we didn't want it.

And in that sense I still don't understand why he did it; he seriously brought it upon himself. I'm almost glad I didn't push a lynch on him (I was planning to the day after for his silence; only voting at the end of the day with no justification? C'mon man), but yeah.

A fun side note; all of my posted theories would have been near identical had I been a townie. I only refrained from saying the obvious scummy stuff that would have killed us already, but otherwise was pretty honest with my posts. Until I confirmed Parasect, where I just started lying through my teeth with that.

With that said, Luv edited out a large chunk of text which people might have noticed but not had enough time to check. It was a quote from Niernen in the Digital Mafia game where he said "I'm mafia, please lynch me" in response to my post that said something along the lines of "they're not going to hold a glowing neon sign saying they're mafia." I hadn't realised that it was basically the same thing :x woops.

2. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Side note that I just remembered:

At one point I intentionally left an old vote bolded, and went as far as PM'ing @Niernen; to inform him that it was intentional and to please not make a big deal out of it. Almost immediately Niernen came to the discussion thread and made a post about old votes being unbolded - I was, and still am, pissed that this happened. It is absolutely not ok to directly make a comment to draw attention to something a player is doing - had anyone commented on it my gambit would've been screwed over.

That point in the game took a lot of the fun out of the game for me and the only thing that kept me interested/invested was the desire to not screw over my fellow mafians.

3. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Reminds me that I'm kinda annoyed that Luv's ability had that secondary effect that wasn't even stated in his Role PM at all, especially when mine included, "protect you from an attack." It really messed me up when I was having a hard time dedicating time to the game in the first place early on.

I also don't know what was up with the double ups on night PM's. I wasn't lying there, I did get two on Night 1, and I am wondering why.

4. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

Seriously, that part I didn't lie AT ALL. I really didn't know I can roleblock people if I can't kill them.

5. Default Re: Gen I Pokemon Mafia

It worked in your favor, really. I would have pushed a lynch for you hard if it didn't do anything else. It was clear from my PM that I was hit by lightning, which is why I egged you on asking what you had done that night, hoping you'd lie.