1. Default Phantom second job skill

I saw that a lot of phantoms take rage, because attack increase, but as a Bishop I couldn't help but notice heal got revamped to increase damage on mobs and bosses by 20%. It doesn't say that it lowers defense so I assume it stacks with defense ignore (?). So I was wondering if there is something that I don't know about phantoms having not played one myself.

I saw a phantom using frozen orbs so at least we now know that spells work off your attack damage instead of magic attack, so if nothing else, heal.

2. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Phantom second job skill

However you think it works, it's not like that.

Casting heal near a mob will increase your next attack on that mob by 20%, multiplicative iirc. It has nothing to do with PDR.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

As far as I know, Heal works off your INT stat, not your damage range. Hence, useless for Phantoms.

4. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

If it doesn't say anything about it, why assume it does something to it?

Almost, if not all, skills work off you range now.

I doubt it was going to be used as an attacking skill the way it was described.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Its healing function depends on your INT, too. Or did at some point, I admit I'm not following all the revamps.

6. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

I believe it still does. During my Phantom's brief revival, I could only heal miniscule amounts in boss arena, while I heard heal was crazy insane for Bishops, and presumably higher funded Phantoms with tons of all stats.

7. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

My HP Bishop heals like 3-4k health per cast what a waste of time that was

8. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Just like how paladins don't cast Threaten to lower a boss's accuracy, bishops shouldn't be casting heal to actually heal themselves. Holy arrow is far and away better at that.

Phantoms don't generally pick up holy arrow, and so it'd be an extra bonus perk of increasing their damage.

Phantoms started using I/L Wizard frozen orb recently, here's one on gollux.
    Spoiler
    As a mage spell, it uses int and magic attack for the mage but physical attack and Phantom stats for the phantom.

I didn't mean additivly, but rather multiplicitivly. For example if you somehow magically got 100% defense ignore, I was imagining it'd still increase your damage. But since I don't play a phantom I wouldn't know if they get the secondary effect off the heal or not.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Heal's healing is not an attacking "mage spell", and does not get translated to different stats for phantoms.
    If you don't believe Grey
    you're invited to try it on your own Phantom.

10. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

So the bonus perk is really ineffective, but you didn't even address the question of the secondary effect for increasing damage. Not once in your three posts. I think your obsessing over the wrong detail. I get, and acknowledge your point, now please refocus your effort if you want to actually address the question I asked.

The secondary effect of heal, do it phantom?

11. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Heal has a pretty lengthy animation and if I recall correctly, that effect only lasts for the next hit (Arrow Blaster, Frozen Orb and Milles Aiguilles... yeah no).

I'd still go with Rage. The damage reduction is handy, even though most bosses do %HP attacks.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

If you want to weaken monsters, steal Threaten for second job.

13. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

When did I say I was healing myself? I've played the character maybe 10 times since the RED update, prior to which Holy Arrow didn't heal at all, and I don't use Holy Arrow because the delay is too long. I primarily heal myself using Holy Magic Shell anyway.

14. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Zombify + Heal = RIP.
    Zombify + HMS = =D

This is most likely a debuff on the monster, similar to how Parrottargetting worked except it's only for 1 hit.

Hadriel

15. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

They moved threaten to third job, so I'd say Rage is pretty much the only skill worth stealing in second.

16. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Get Mental Clarity, from Brawlers. Rage had some slight compatibility issues in the past, but it might have been resolved (I wouldn't know).

I thought people usually got Hyper Body for this... but now there's also Monkey Magic, or Bless (not terribly good or bad), or even (maybe) Soul Arrow! You could try your luck with Magic Booster but I doubt it'd work.

Hadriel

17. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Rage was fixed ages ago, now has damage reduction (which admittedly does nothing on % HP attacks, but still), and is a party skill. As far as I know, all Phantoms use Rage, but you should also have Bless or Monkey Magic for the off chance that you happen to be in a party with a Hero-line class or another Phantom.

18. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Ah, I've been referring to Locked's Ultimate Skills Table. Maybe we should ask him to re-extract everything...? The SPDB is in need of updating too :/

Hadriel

19. Default Re: Phantom second job skill

Actually HB is still useful too.