Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Ive read orange mushroom's blog about this tower and all the rewards are literally crap, the shop has crap, rings are crap, the 150 equips are crap also some what out of reach for most people and last the medals are crap except for the last one which is impossible for 99.99% of maplers .

So what exactly is the point of doing it ? Is it the feeling of self accomplishment ? Or am I missing something.

And yes I am very salty as I cant get past the 2nd stage JQ

2. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: HeroicBobo
    Server: CYMK
    Level: 208
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Playground
    Alliance: None
    Farm: Bobo
    Washington

Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

I don't think some of the rings are crap. I mean a ring that makes you have 2mil range temporarily is pretty good if you don't have max range yet, I would think but maybe you already have max range so it wouldn't matter to you. Anyways, the JQ isn't that difficult, just walk a bit and jump and you'll get it. You don't even need to know where the platforms are if you just walk a bit and then jump.

3. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

I was kinda impressed how easy the JQ was, logged on for the first time in 6 months and completed it 2nd try. The probem I had is that when I entered the portal at the end I was already out of time and then when it sucked me out I d/c'd and I didn't get any rewards for the first stage either.

4. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

The stage 2 jumpquest is one of the easiest in the game (unless you're lagging, which to be fair is quite likely because nexon).

Anyone who says otherwise, your homework is to go play megaman 2 and learn how to do platformers.

5. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Yeah, it has the 'easy' spacing (jumping from almost anywhere on a lower platform gets you to the higher one, and you can walk onto lower ones without jumping)

The Ellinia quests from Sabitrama have the harder spacing where you need to jump from the edge of the bottom, and you can't fall onto platforms, and yeah it does make things more difficult.

For my money the hardest JQs are due to the junky 'moving platform' physics. If you jump while walking your jump goes at normal walking speed instead of your current speed, if you stop walking and then jump your jump goes at the speed you were at when you left the platform. (which can be faster than walking speed, or slower, depending which way the platform is going)

6. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

The JQ is easy if you're in a populated channel. When someone else uses the portal it shows the steps for you

7. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    australia

no one is actually answering the question lol

can you even get anything good from this ? yes i know the rings are nice but those good ones prob unreachable for most ppl f3

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

the area isn't good for the uber-unfunded. If you are at that level, you are better off trying to get some connections to get better gear elsewhere first

9. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Look, anything you can sell the rocks that are tradeable and sell , you need a big effort to reach the top floor so it's really not easy, don't espect to be like pre-quest for empress , would be cooler in a party even if max is 4 or 3 .
    EDIT: not saying that @dudewitbow is right, you need be funded to really go further in there.

10. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    australia

so besides selling rocks its pretty much pointless since the actual "good stuff" is out of reach i guess

11. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Alas, the other floors are not good in populated channels. Tons of ksing and slowing you down.

12. Was here before you
    IGN: Evilince
    Server: Scania
    Level: 144
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: KoM
    Alliance: KoM
    australia

It's funny because the place is useless to the godly equipped yet only the godly equipped can finish it.

13. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Yes its worth it for the fun, not all content has to give something valueable to be worth it.

14. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

to answer your question... it took you longer to start this thread than it did to find THIS. Pretty amazing what google can do these days.

just scroll down a bit

15. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

If the rings are tradeable, it will be usefull .
    EDIT: but if you are only able to get the box ring at the bosses 30+ for exemple then it will be hard to get.

16. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Yeah, I took a look at the rewards breakdown...

You have to hit floor 40 to get a medal with +1 all stats on it.

So totally the sort of thing someone who would benefit from a +1 all medal can accomplish.

Am I missing something on the third floor? It seems like even with a Giant Spider it takes about 5 minutes to collect 1500 eggs.

17. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Pet loot + Mobility. Don't wait around for your pet to pick up eggs; keep jumping and attacking - it'll take ~2.5-3 cycles to finish no matter what and you can pick them up on your next round (assume you have the map to yourself, which I always do).

48F jump quest is where the pain will be.

18. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Can't you give some eggs to the NPCs in the middle and they give you back a higher amount or something?

19. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

I played Megaman 2 and Megaman x5 and both JQ were WAY easier than that

20. Default Re: Is the tower of Oz even worth ?

Unless simple mode minimap works there.