Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Is there a Star Force table for Superior equipment anywhere?

2. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

I searched it up for you and I found this table:

From left to right it's Enhancement Stage, Success Rate, Destruction Rate, Failure Rate (downgrade), Cost (in mesos), Average Total Cost (in mesos), Average Total Cost (in 100m). I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate though, I can't seem to find what Superior item they tested on, and it's from the test server v. 1.2.509 but it should be ok, that patch was the final update to the enhancement system anyway.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

The sixth row is the average cost to reach that rank and total, not just the total.

4. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Yeah I guess it would be more accurate to say its the 'average total cost', I'll fix that.

5. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Oh wow, I assumed that the cost for Superior Equipment would rise exponentially.

The success rates for the first starts are quite terrible, but oh man, 35% for the last 8 stars is kind of amazing. Too bad there's no way to protect destruction for Superior Equipment over 7 stars.

6. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I think they should lower the boom rate and increase the failure rate, It's quite high, It'd say a 1/4 less is a fair amount for higher levels, or let us use protection scrolls, but that would make the system way too broken.

7. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Cool, thank you! It seems like it would be much cheaper to use the no boom AEEs + Guardian Scrolls in GMS.. dunno how 7+ star Tyrants happen in KMS though.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Apparently they have no booms in the cash shop

9. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

They have no booms in the cash shop in SEA, not in KMS. Their no-booms come from the same place ours do, gacha boxes.

10. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

No booms don't exist, unless some hacker/botter/hoarder has one from ages ago (roughly 2 years ago from feather boxes), and if they do they would sell it for billions well not anymore but yeah.

11. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

nah, sry for this truth. in basis tyrant, cost for 1 star is 50M. reallllly sry

12. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

so nexon noobproof EE and kills the economy-equivalent scrolls. 1 step closer to a singleplayer game.

what's next? potential bonus become multiplicative instead of additive?

suppose 8 equips got 24% potential each, it would be 192% additively and 559% multiplicatively. that's almost 3x more.

I wouldn't be surprised if 5th job end up being hyper 2.0 where it enhance your 4th jobs further and raise the dmg cap to 32 bits.

ms1 will become a single player private server (do everything yourself and holy power creep) while all the henehoes flock to ms2

13. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Are you a potato chip? Cuz peach you salty. It's already a single-player game. Also no, they won't change potential system like that.

14. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

God forbid a game become less pay to win. Are you out of your mind?
    Last edited by Justin; 2014-07-27 at 03:39 AM.

15. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

if the p2w is a issue, private server is the way to go

also, no amount of fixes will bring back ms1 community. don't understand why nexon is wasting their time.

16. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

What makes you think they want to bring back the old community?

17. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Excuse me.

Who are you again?

18. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Maybe I missed the memo, but I'm going to ask anyway.

What happened to equips that already had stars on them prior to this system being added? Were they just left as is, or they were reset down to an unstarred state (either losing the previous bonus stats, or keeping them?)

19. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

Willing to believe they're left as is, resetting them to an unstarred state would be a total plantain move on their part.

20. Default Re: Star Force (new equipment enhancement system)

It depends, if the stat boosts are different from these, which they appear to be from spadows video, it could be more of a plantain move to not reset them, or recalculate the stats (at least to some extent).