IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default The Game Awards

This is live tonight, anyone gonna watch?
    Here's the stream if you want to, along with a countdown.

I probably won't get to watch the whole thing since it starts at like 1am2am, but it will be interesting to see what wins what and what new stuff is announced.

Oh and apparently it's gonna last 2 hours.

2. Default Re: The Game Awards

Bayonetta 2 better sweep 50 awards

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: The Game Awards

It is one of the nominations for game of the year apparently. So maybe!

4. Default Re: The Game Awards

Inb4 one specific game gets like 10 of the "best" awards. That's usually what happens.

I remember the year Mass Effect 2 came out. It basically won every award (might not have been this award show, but it was one of them). Complete waste of time.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I... I stayed up. It's nearly 5am now and the show is just about wrapped up.

Most of it was cringeworthy and badly thought out, like some of the biggest awards being given out offstage and Sony pretty much pomegranateting over the event with "pineapple this show, watch ours tomorrow, it has Uncharted 4!".
    The second half of the awards show was pretty decent though, especially in its section about Sierra being a gaming icon, that was lovely.

Lots of Nintendo love, which I was surprised about. Shame about Bayonetta 2 not winning GOTY but Dragon Age: Inquisition as winner is okay in my eyes.

Zelda U footage looked... really good. I just absolutely hate free-roaming games and the way it is shoehorned into games these days, because if it isn't free-roaming then it's "linear". I wasn't expecting them to show any combat, but I really wished they had showed some swordplay too rather than just flipping off the back of a horse and shooting arrows.

Eh. I might have more cohesive thoughts about this tomorrow but I need sleep now.

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

new zeldaU footage was worth the weight

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Awards for anyone who missed it/doesn't want to watch the whole thing:

BEST PERFORMANCE: Trey Parker in The Stick of Truth
    BEST ONLINE & BEST SOUNDTRACK: Destiny
    TRENDING GAMER: Totalbiscuit (who gives a pomegranate?)
    BEST MOBILE/HANDHELD GAME: Hearthstone
    BEST FIGHTING GAME: Super Smash Bros. Wii U
    BEST DEVELOPER: Nintendo
    BEST SPORTS/RACING GAME: Mario Kart 8
    BEST SHOOTER: Far Cry 4
    BEST NARRATIVE & GAMES FOR CHANGE AWARD: Valiant Hearts
    INDUSTRY ICON AWARD: Sierra
    BEST INDIE: Shovel Knight
    GAME OF THE YEAR: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Looking back on the awards given, i'm actually quite surprised how most of them seemed pretty deserving and didn't stink of corporate bribes and stuff.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I still don't like how they keep making Link right-handed in the Wii titles.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

This game beat Bayonetta 2 in the Action category. I actually can't even.

At one point he turns off his monitor and plays the game blind.

10. Default Re: The Game Awards

BAYO NO :'(

11. Default Re: The Game Awards

Except for DA:I. My friend followed this a lot closer than I did, and mentioned to me that DA:I wasn't even a nomination to begin with because it wasn't out when the initial voting and such were done. It was added last minute after everything and mysteriously won.

Also this: https://twitter.com/lkesten/status/541091259159691264

At least it didn't win more than GOTY, but it's still kinda disappointing. Especially since, as someone who owns it and knows from experience, the game is buggy as hell; bugs the developers won't admit exist even though thousands are experiencing them.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

EA is just using the same tactic Hollywood uses for the Oscars, except closer to the deadline. they release a game as close to an award ceremony as possible to get votes as its the game freshest in peoples mind if you had played though all of the nominee choices.

Though outright it isn't a bad game persay. Albeit I have a bias against EA, Bioware is one of EA's better developers who generally has a more complete project.

13. Default Re: The Game Awards

How can something be nominated when it wasn't a nomination in the first place? That's ridiculous. It should have been in next year's awards, not this year's.

The game isn't bad at all in terms of gameplay. I've been playing it a bit. It's just a bloody mess and Bioware hasn't done a thing about it in two weeks after release, except spend several threads on their forums trying to blame the players (especially when it comes to the people having problems with party banter. They literally blamed the players for the dialog not triggering). The PC version especially is a design mess.

14. Default Re: The Game Awards

A new King's Quest game!