Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Welcome to explorer classes in general, where Aran is the new DK, BaM is the new Paladin, and Kaiser is the new Hero.

2. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

AFAIK, you can't get 2 of the same type line. Else we'd see shades w/ 40%+ crit, +2 AS, all that stuff, but we don't.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Im not suggesting that you get 3 lines of buff duration, Im suggesting that you look past the nerf and try to get as much buff duration as possible given your limit amount of time that you want to invest.

80% is by all means doable without locking lines, but most of it probably wont be that enjoyable, which is probably why most people dont want duration of their skills nerfed but rather % damage or something else.

Something that many people overlook aswell, is that you dont need beholder to use Gungnir's Descent you can force yourself into final pact to spam it aswell. And please note before you continue to read that I dont care about any boss outside of CRA/Hard magnus, if you somewhat can kill CRA solo this nerf wont even matter at Empress, it will only take more time you will still succeed.

Assuming you have 80% buff duration, S rank mercedes card (assuming this still caps at -5 sec) & decent combat orders your final pact will have 325 sec cooldown & 45 sec duration. While your beholder will have about 67 cooldown & sacrifice will have 54 sec duration. This this means you have 13 sec without Gungnir's Descent without using up final pact.

If you follow this pattern and avoid dying (unless you use buff freezers ofc) you will have Gungnir's Descent almost all the time:

Use beholder before entering a boss and let it cooldown. Proceed to use sacrifice then beholder right after and enter x boss you're going to kill. 54 sec later you use up the beholder you summoned after sacrifice and about 15 sec later while you got a sacrifice active you recast your beholder. This will start the cooldown for beholder for your next sacrifice. About 30 sec later your sacrifice runs out and you use should use sacrifice again. Beholder is still on cooldown for about 35 sec more but you should cast it when it becomes available, which should be about 10 sec before your current sacrifice runs out. Use beholder and use up the remaining 10 sec of your sacrifice then once it runs out you cast sacrifice of the current summoned beholder.

Now after that you will start to have downtime on Gungnir's Descent due to beholder having longer cooldown than your sacrifice duration. However, final pact allows you to spam Gungnir's Descent aswell, without the need of sacrifice. So if you use are good at controlling your character and try to save final pact for this situation, you can cast beholder and go into final pact whenever its available (do not use sacrifice). This will give you 45 sec of attacking time with a summoned beholder that will start to cooldown and can be used up after final pact is over to spam Gungnir's Descent again.

If everything goes right you will only have about 10-15% downtime (if not less) where you have to use dark impale instead of Gungnir's Descent. So overall this didnt nerf a player who is willing to stock a lot of buff duration, it nerfed the unfunded new player who dont even have a single line of buff duration at all.

It obviously requires you to spam beholder and use final pact for Gungnir's Descent spam over survivability once in a while, but the job did not become garbage at all, its still way better than many other jobs given that you can get around 60-80% buff duration and folllow my suggestion.

Ye you can, my friend had 19% 19% buff duration. Landing 50% 50% is impossible, 50% and 19%ish is not.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

You're significantly overestimating the inner ability system if you think it's possible to get 2 of the same lines (2 of the rarest too, at that) without locking your rank/first line. It just won't happen. The Gods of Nexon have determined that Gungnir should not be spammable, and rather than pouring thousands of hours of gameplay time into attempting to circumvent it it'd be a significantly better idea to just accept it and wait and see what the pineapple they're trying to do with class 'balance' whenever these updates go live.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Did you even read my post at all? You dont need 2 lines to get 60-80%. Level a mechanic to S or SS rank and level your empathy to lvl 100, then get 1 line of 32% to 50% and you're already set.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

This still requires ranking up to Legendary (near impossible even with the IA revamp), having enough Honor Points to reset your IA at Legendary (which is about 10k per reset, and a level 210 character like myself got somewhere in the ballpark of 86k after the IA revamp), levelling a Mechanic to 200 (really not that hard these days given leeching methods) and maxing out Empathy (now that Herbalism can't be unlearned, have fun with your 500 Empathy experience/day, it'll only take half a year from level 0).

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, honestly.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Someone said they had it, but I wanted to point it out for those who don't. If you can't farm the good hand sanatizers, 100 Empathy will take 185 days to get, according to this chart, with consideration to the 500 exp limit a day.
    Spoiler

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

that's not utility, that doesn't help the party in any way, me being to revive myself and only myself will not make people bring me to a run. unlike a pally who can still revive others and stuff.

i currently have a 39% legendary inner rank for buff duration, for me to reset it even once i'd need to farm on average. 2000 honor medals.
    for one chance.

and if you're telling me not to lock it then i recommend you wait for the system so that you can give it a spin, not locking it is madness. and will just throw to waste the i-forgot-how-goddamn-many circulators i did back when aswan was farmable that it took to get it.

xenons when they came out were extremely overpowered, far more than DrK's or pallies are to heroes, that's for sure. the nerf they got was crippling yes, but they still have the mechanic that allows them to greatly benefit from all stats, and that is even more proof that nexon can't balance for pomegranate, since star force is a system that greatly benefits them yet they didn't receive any kind of change.

AB is total damage now, not a damage multiplier, which makes it pretty lackluster. i forgot my testing of if buff duration affected beginner skills, i should do that again sometime.

either way, i'm passing the torch to mazz if he wants, i had already almost quit so this change won't really affect me. my damage will go to crap but thankfully i don't care much about that. i'll just log in, update my guide and get out.

PD: my xenon to this day still hasn't gotten unique from the honor system, just fyi.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

......well I guess you were right o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2jGSLR2OM