IGN: Phatnom
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 214
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Synergy
    Alliance: Labylicious
    england

Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Aw man, that platter delay change is so brutal. I loved the sound of platter raining down on the enemy like a minigun, and the visuals of it too. On the rare occurrences where I get to stand still and hold platter for more than 8 seconds I'm just sitting there like:

That's why Rapid Fire relegated to pineappleing boring status for me once I got my hands on platter, but well, I can still live with it, it's not as bad as the year and half of being one of the weakest before RED.

Anyways Rapid Fire and Platter are roughly the same in %damage now I guess, with turret included. So platter in essence is like one of those split hypers where it's useless till I wanna go beyond capping on rapid fire.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Isn't it currently, and always has been, the concept of the 3 warriors to be like:

1 - Heroes: the strongest warrior but the most fragile aswell
    2 - Palladins the utility warriors
    3 - DrK's the tanky warriors.

Because now that I think about it, its never been really clear ever since 3rd job. They gave fighters rage, Spearman hyper body and iron wall and Pages threaten, but then got lost after 3rd job. If anything I'd be demanding they get their ideas clear and balance them according to these descriptions or give the 3 jobs a bit of everything because from what I get right now, Heroes got nothing, their damage is only slightly better than the other 2 but they are far more fragile, DrKs got a lot of HP but nothing preventing it from going down in a blink and Pallys got it all, high damage, high utility and high defense.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2014-07-18 at 12:37 PM.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Yeah pretty much neon has no idea on what they want the warriors to be. They want paladins to be defensive yet they gave them elements (reason why I mained it) which imply that they are crap at some monsters but pwn others. If they were balanced. I always viewed Heros as the strong and steady damage. ask for drks I thought of them as the strongest as long as you don't die. Since they used to have bossing skills based on HP. and have Hyper body as will.

However from this concept paladins will never be balance because nexon doesn't give a pomegranate about elements. And has seemly forgotten about them throughout the revamps.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

So any videos of the new Arrow Blaster delay? Is it even worth using the turret?

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Well, I haven't seen any videos yet, but the new delay makes it on par with original Hurricane now, so you can think of it like that. It's still worth using for additional damage output obviously, but you don't have to be fully reliant on it anymore when you consider it taking roughly a second or so just to place a Turret on the ground without factoring in any repositioning within the 30 seconds of summon time. You'll have more control over Hurricane now without worrying about losing DPS (if you don't cast the Turret) if the boss has Damage Reflect up.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Are you some sort of corsair bowman hybrid? How does a bowmaster use rapid fire?

People whining about delay decrease on platter turret make me sad. The damage buffs you got as well as your primary attack now being hurricane allowing you to attack while jumping as well as split damage actually being beneficial FAR MORE than compensate for the nerf. They even fixed final attack allegedly so the hit rate decrease isn't even as bad as advertised.

Oh wait. A phantom. Nevermind, phantoms deserved all their nerfs.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

None of that applies to him, you know, he's a Phantom, that's how he can use both Arrow Blaster and Rapid Fire =P

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Ninjas get ninja'd

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Oh phantoms have the choice between hurricane and rapid fire. Oh joy.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Rapid Fire's still stronger by 30% Thought it did 330% damage.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Really 35% proc chance on Soul Seeker Expert?
    KMS has to do something better than that to Angelic Buster considering the class is almost dead due to all the nerfs she has received. At least that new skill should be 50% chance to proc on every skill including regular Soul Seeker + they need to get rid off Pretty Exaltation and remake that hyperskill cuz its just useless because Angelic Busters have Affinity IV which makes our skill already have 100% recharge... + Melody cross is the worst self buff in the game +Accuracy like common at least remake skill to give ATT or ATK Speed...considerin AB are the only class without a booster skill. Now the increase on Cap damage by 20m is just meh compared to Marksmans which cap at 400m... angelic busters can deal a max of 140m when really funded... meanwhile other classes deal 6 - 10 lines of 50m dmg each..."REALLY GOOD BALANCING"
    The point of angelic buster when she was first released was to break cap damage due to the lack of damage lines they have. Now i agree with the nerf of Soul Seeker getting reduced from 4 to 2 orbs when she was first released cuz it was just OP at the time but now that dumb classes like zero and kaisers that are never going to get nerfed they should consider at least increasing orbs back to 4.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Which was a very badly designed system by Nexon as Soul Seeker back then was almost spammable, had the highest amount of hits per second at that time, had an insanely high %damage, %recreation rate and no recreation limit and a 10 times the damage cap. Not taking into consideration the 100% damage boost from affinities and the 1.7 weapon multiplier.

I agree that AB needs a buff as it has been very overnerfed(this job has received the biggest nerf on all MapleStory history) and its currently one of the worst classes out there but i dont think its a good idea to compare with a system that never worked properly to begin with. I think this job needs a huge revamp as some of its skill are completely useless(like melody cross for example).

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Right now, I feel like 4 orbs would be way too much. Given the heightened Recreation rate on orbs, it would be as stupidly overpowered as before... Probably even stronger. 3 would probably be a better amount of orbs (if Soul Seeker Expert or one of the SS Hyper Skills added an orb, I'd be so happy), or a revamp on Soul Seeker so it isn't as useless against bosses with invincibility frames.

Hell, even the Soul Battery System has been rendered useless with the change to Affinity III. This class needs quite a bit of an overhaul.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

I don't see where the cooldown is listed, but if it is like Snipe (and has 5 second cooldown) it can still be spamable with the right potentials. As the potential system has a line that reduces cooldowns by 1 second, stacking up to 5 second cooldown reduction. Effectively taking snipe off the cooldown w/o the Hyper.

Awesome. I didn't think it was possible for me to do even less damage to bosses.

I noted that Blast still clears Paladin's "combos" and until it is fully Hypered, blast itself is a fairly terrible skill (only giving us a short term buff). And for a long time, we had a similar mechanic with Charged Clow. That was the essence of combo charge and Panic sword, a buff management that is now gone from Heroes. Except for heroes, there was no point in their entire history where using Panic would reduce their max defense to 20% of its possible value.

In a time before every boss had an auto-kill, Hero had an identical shield mastery to Paladins, an they were just as tough as paladins but did substantially more damage. Paladins were designed to take the elemental advantage over their foes, and all bosses had 50% elemental resistance, that is, on top of their PDR. Every boss still bosses possess some elemental resist (in the range of 25-50%) and stripping paladins of their ability to bypass this limits their usefulness-- as even mages still possess this ability. Paladins found that they only used threaten to lower the defense of the boss because their damage was so poor to begin with.

While heroes don't possess shield mastery anymore, they can still hit their defense cap without majorly impacting their performance, by scrolling top/bottom/helm/shield for defense, and getting their range up with potential. Meanwhile, with all the defense ignore with gear, threaten equivalently has had it's returns diminished to the point of it not being worth it to cast. A final note about threaten, I miss it's old animation, as I was my guild's "Woo girl".

On a note about paladin's utility, they are called upon to sacrifice 20% of their own substantial armor, and half their block chance, to offer damage reduction (and block chance) to the party. Where Heroes and Dark Knights are asked to pay nothing for their team buffs (except a temporary bit of hp/mp). The palaidin's buff is a maintained aura. For as long as I'm helping you out, I'm hurting myself.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

What on earth are you smoking? That ability gives you 50% PDR and even with the force added % pdr lines its still worth using, because you can simply avoid cubing for PDR at all on Paladins at all due to that skill.

Gollux 30%
    Codex 30%
    Lumi 15%
    Zero 10%
    Blast 32%
    Threaten 50%
    Pirate set 6% (you can ditch this)
    Ambition 10%

That gives you nearly 90% PDR without even cubing for a single line of PDR, a single 30-40% (assuming you get % w.att % w.att % pdr on emblem) would put you are around 94% PDR and you still only have one line. This allows you to cube for Boss/w.att on other lines, please tell me how Threaten is not worth casting. And if you party with classes like Cannoneer who lack PDR, it will help them a lot.

Edit: with CRA gear its 95% PDR
    Last edited by Even; 2014-07-26 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgot to add cra gear

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Because PDR is not the same as defense, which threaten lowers. Lowering defense and bypassing PDR are two wholly different mechanics. Normal monsters do not possess PDR, but possess defense, which Threaten lowers. But bosses posses both, and threaten only lowers the defense, not the PDR.

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

No you got that one wrong, threaten acts like 50% PDR potential line with hyper skill.

Edit: You clearly misunderstand how the PDR system work and proceed to assume your skill does x thing when it doesnt.

Normal monsters have % damage reduction just like all other bosses, but a small amount from 5% to 30%. Bosses have up to 300% damage reduction and which this is what PDR will let you ignore or rather ignore defense if that makes more sense to you. Threaten ignores defense by 30% without hyper and 50% with hyper. That is why paladins are brought to Vellum runs even if they dont have any damage what so ever. You will be able to tank the boss, take aggro and increase their damage by a lot if they didnt cube for PDR.

I dont think you understand that your class is a better support class than bishop, stronger than any other class in terms of dps with the lowest amount of fund due to elemental void & have the highest survivability, why do you think Nexon decided to nerf your dmg?

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

If 130 levels of using threaten isn't sufficient evidence to suggest it doesn't, then I'm going to need way way more evidence from you to suggest that it does.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

Read this thread and maybe you will understand, if you dont then go to vellum and try yourself, you will clearly see that acts like a 50% potential line. And before you ask, spikes royale and threaten acts the same.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...light=threaten

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.509 - Even more skill changes

@Avatarded; Please figure out how %IgnorePDR works, because that's how Threaten works. "Defence" is now PDR (and also has nothing to do with SuperDefenseUp). There is no such thing as bypassing PDR.

Suffice to say, I think you can find out and understand how %IgnorePDR works. There are plenty of threads on this, plus you can see posts I made (try searching "IgnorePDR").

An additional damage reduction factor of 0.7*0.8 = 0.56 is still a lot, effectively halving the effective PDR of the monster. Even 1% increase in DPS is a lot for high-level bossers.

Hadriel