That is, for those who still play and have a main character they play most of the time, why do you play it and why is it the best class since sliced meatloaf?
This is a mostly curiosity on my part since we all know that Kanna is the best class in the game, and I'll tell you why:
- 2 binds, one of which is in a tier of its own. Kanna can keep any bindable boss locked down for a third of the fight, all the while throwing lethal paper in their faces.
- The summoning of Pinky and Perky, Kishin Shoukan. Not only can they double team any platform, they feed the 5000 with extra spawn in any map and turn EXP deserts into fertile training grounds. Move over Jesus, there's some new deities in town.
- A resource system that actually requires management. MP is a joke and demon fury/DAs HP and time force are all made redundant by passives. In a game with already limited engagement Kanna's mana (heh) is a breath of fresh air.
- Kanna's little fox boy slave Haku. Doubles her range with highly scalable %Matk in the kind of amounts that other classes can only dream of, and Foxfire is some of the best status protection you can get. With 17% status resist I can shrug off most status effects flying my way with no effort on my part. He even heals her up if she's in danger of dying and gives her non-trivial amounts of ignore def!
- 45%boss cooldown-free barrier that doesn't disappear when she dies or leaves the map. This speaks for itself.
- It actually makes sense to whore out HP since 700HP = +1 Matk. In an age where HP is useless thanks to a plethora of bosses that use exclusively %HP attacks, it's good being a class that can still take advantage of high HP. Kanna doesn't even have to slit her wrists to extract this power like emo avenger does.
- Largest vertical range teleport in the game. Unlike Bitcoin, Kanna can actually reach the moon.
- She's amazingly cute but still means business, and she will not hesitate to gouge your eyes out wih her fan if you're mean to Haku.
I left my aging archmage for Kanna since the numerous limitations of I/Ls at the time were getting in the way of my fun, and I haven't really looked back since except to mourn the loss of Reset. Kanna has all the hallmarks and pedigree of a god-tier class and it's a real shame most people don't see her as any more than a mule. But then, that's their loss.
Apologies in advance if threads like this are considered pomegranateposting. I like reading about the more positive aspects of our Maple experience.