Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Aran is Transgender.

Spoiler

Thank you nexon for representing us with such a beautiful new-half (。◕‿◕。)

2. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

I am pretty sure this was established long ago, specifically in the Xenon quest to help Lillin in Aran's hometown. Lillin asks you questions to test your knowledge of maple and on of them is:
    "What is Aran's gender?"
    The choices are A. Male, B. Female, C. Aran. And the correct answer is C.

3. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

Isn't this just that Korean doesn't have equivalents to him vs her, so any translation ends up as him unless someone at Nexon-NA catches and corrects it?

Also whats with this site assuming everyone is viewing full-screen on a 1920-wide monitor?

4. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

No, this is different.

Though, wouldn't transwomen be referred to as 'her', TS?

5. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

It's most likely a misstranslation.

But keep dreaming

6. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

When the first Aran is transgender thing came out, I was mad because Aran was Male for like 3-4 years before that. Then I lol'ed with Lilin's question about Aran's gender and now It's kinda boring... I guess we could play Zero/Alpha by ourselves without the need of a second person.

7. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

Technically yes but you can identify as whatever you want.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Aran didnt have a set gender there has always been 2 versions of aran one male and one female

9. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

The Aran video for Maple SEA and the first time aran appeared as an NPC was a male, then we got female aran in the alliance patch, but yeah bot concept arts existed since the begining.

10. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

And I am still thinking that the Aran is a special Title of the best warriors of Rien O_O...

11. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

I think genderfluid is a bit more accurate, but that's just me....

In all seriousness though, I'm probably going to go blue in the face one day from saying this buuuutttt:

Aran's gender is really whatever you want it to be. Trans included if you want. It was only claimed by Nexon that Aran's gender is Aran so you could make them genderless by my book because what the heckie does gender ARAN even mean?? Ice pronouns? I don't know and Nexon isn't gonna tell me but then again, when has Nexon ever finished telling me anything? It's like a storyteller starting with The Little Mermaid, then ending with Lord of the Rings, so all you really know is that there was a mermaid and a ring somewhere and some serious pomegranate went down but hecker if you know who's who at the end of this.

YOU ARE PAYING SOMEONE TO WRITE AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DECIDE A GENDER THE JUST REWRITE THE STORY TO USE BOTH.

I AM BEYOND UPSET.

(At least the school AU comic had no problem using both. )

12. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

13. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

I guess if they're sticking to Aran being female now, they should update the Arkarium pre-quest where you meet an unconscious male Aran.

14. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

been speaking the language ever since I was born and I have never come across a word meaning neither him nor her.

15. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

Maybe when they update Aran's questline they'll include the plot about Aran trying to turn back into a guy after being cursed by the Black Mage.

16. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

But if they did that, Lilin's joke question wouldn't make any sense.

17. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

You COULD have added Admiral Ackbar's "It's a trap". You SHOULD have. :(

18. Default Re: Aran is Transgender.

Damn, late the the party. Was also going to say its an obvious trap.

LF> Trap Aran art.