Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: [Game Over] Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

1. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

@LuvDWayULie; It was my first time playing as mafia, only been town before.

2. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I'm not at my computer currently so I can't just post my notes on you, but I did forget to explain yours, so, basically: day 3 (I think it was) you'd finish your invention. At night you could pass it off to someone if you wished (and they could pass it in turn). If someone got contained with it on them, it'd mess with the Soul Container. Dead players would then get a vote over the next phase for a dead player to revive, though they would only live for the next day.

Oh, and VerrKol's "loophole" was just infecting the person the mafia was killing.

(Also given how much you guys wanted Kyrastri's rolls, like none of you have mentioned them. )

3. Default Re: Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

Eh. I actually wanted to be town this time around . Gave it a good shot though, town was a lot stronger in terms of power than i originally thought and i let myself slip up.

4. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I liked a lot of the options, but "Cleared Up" and "Poker Face" were a bit too specific. "One on One" and "Murder" are ones that I really wish I could've seen in action.

5. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

Jesus... @faonkarino; gamble of the century

Ditto; I had no idea that Meta and TheBirds were connected, especially since TheBirds eventually claimed neutral and Meta was investigated town and was (safely) believed. It was pretty clever how the claims worked out; they all had a semblance of truth, though I'm surprised the no-power thing didn't come around to bite you two in the ass. Polantaris was on Meta's case for a while because of it.

I don't think anyone could be angry at your lie, definitely; it wasn't entirely false, and it served to save the both of you. If anything your avid defense of Meta when she was targeted (before the Verr lynch, IIRC?) would have tipped someone off of your connection, but I don't think anyone caught on at the time.

I think it was the general confusion; the strongman theory worked with the flavour text and nobody had suggested an alternate theory. The game was generally pretty confusing so I think had we known a little more about the game (say, if it weren't so unusual), we wouldn't have been inclined to passively accept the strongman theory, or at the very least object with something a little more reasonable.

The reason why I didn't believe Niernen's (town) claim was because his targets did not line up with his supposed intent to me; only Holypie seemed excused since it was the first day, and it would have explained why faon knew of the doctor when he died (before the real 'it was a really good fluke' explanation).

NO

I do not want to see "Murder" in action, oh god...

@xBTAx; now that you mentioned it, what would have happened had I rolled the dice towards myself?

From the discussion thread:

I didn't catch your first one, and even with your explanation I don't think I would have picked it up. I noticed the deliberate use of Luv (since loved and luv'd use the same number of syllables so it'd be a deliberate wording on your part), but didn't think much of it. Why did you watch Luv, by the way, and not someone like Meta? They both had a restriction, and to me Meta was a lot more suspicious by the end of Day 1, so I'm really curious to see your reasoning on that.

I did notice that it didn't mention that you had to use limericks in particular, though you stuck pretty rigidly to the limerick form so either way it wasn't too big of a deal. I'm not sure whether I would have saved that information, though; a change in posting restriction would be pretty suspicious, since it wouldn't be a slipup when you're trying to draw attention to something.

(and thank you for your compliment)

6. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I actually meant to ask this myself. I noticed a lot of roles have disclaimers about using the ability on yourself. Was the a reason for this? Was any ability in particular going to do anything if you targeted yourself with it?

About the dice outcomes thing: The reason I didn't really talk about it is because they seemed pretty straight forward. Interesting mechanic, but really random. Thanks for revealing the info by the way.

7. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

It's almost 4 AM so I'm not quite sure why I'm answering this instead of sleeping, but in Kyrastri's case, a self-target would work as intended. I'm struggling to think of where else I advised that right now, but generally it was because it'd backfire in a way that would have been mean/unfun if I had just let them go ahead with. I mean, most of the rolls do something bad to either person, and rolling a 2 against yourself would waste an entire day of voting.

The thing about the dice that I'm surprised no one seemed to think about (and I stupidly forgot to specifically mention in that notes post) was how rolling a pair of dice actually works probability wise. It's not just an equally random number between 2 and 12 (and though I wasn't using real dice, the app I used (which I linked earlier in the discussion thread) simulated both dice and not just the sum). The further you go in either direction from 7, the less likely it is to be that number, but with equal probability to the other direction. That's why everything except the ends is basically the same action, just done to either Kyrastri or the target depending on whether it's higher or lower.

8. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I think I did mention that once, after the first dice roll I said something about wanting to see what 2 and 12 did.

9. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

Mainly because at the time I was suspicious of both and Luv had been bragging about having an awesome night power.

10. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I'm a bit late, but whatever.

I don't have much to say about this game other than what I have already said before I died or someone else said (especially Shidoshi's posts.)

Lemme see...

The game was a bit tilted to town (as Shidoshi pointed) since the neutral ended up choosing town. A faction that can "choose" to help other faction most of the time picks town. But it was a good game either way, so thanks BTA for making it and moderating it, thanks everyone for participating and not undergoing fits of rage or anything like that, and thanks for the compliments too.

Ah yes, about the Holypie thing: I didn't KNOW you were the doctor, but you were one of my possibilities. Out of my possibilities, I decided to pick you. It was an educated guess, I suppose, but it worked out. It's a shame the mafia pretty much got brutalized the following days, but oh well. Still a good game.

11. Default Re: Post-Game Talk

I remembered I said I would post something here but I forgot what to post..