Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Digital Mafia - TOWN WINS

1. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Oh that's much easier than typing out the mention tag or going into advanced mode, thanks!

So anyway what does everyone else think about @Liable;? (that was in no way an excuse to test out mentions)

2. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

I dunno, @Liable; seems to have quieted down suddenly, which makes him/her look more suspicious. I can't vote, but I trust Shidoshi's judgement for now.

3. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

No brackets :P

4. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

I'm doing the same thing! :D

Oh heads up, I have finals next week, and I might not be that active (Don't worry, I won't abandon this nice game), so don't expect a lot of posts from me like today on future days.

5. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Checked last 3-4 pages since I was gone and I noticed a few people are wary of Liable because of his vote and his silence afterwards.

Also to comments on Sega. I think can see why he/she gets lynched now.

I am still wary of maspan but pressuring Liable might be a good idea.

6. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Yikes, waking up to a lot of posts makes a good breakfast read :D!!

(@LuvDWayULie ; I hope the following answers your question as to why I was “lurking”.)

@Chaz; Yes I understand on the first day there’s no real solid information to work your suspicions on, and as I mentioned I went with my gut feeling, at least to try and get a response on it. I got my response and in the end you even showed your opinion on someone + aggression. I have removed my vote on you.

@Shidoshi; I’ll use every weapon I have thank you :). Unnecessary but if claiming noob makes others think I am more prone to misinterpretation then that’s a bonus for me.

In respect of my vote towards Chaz, I kind of saw this coming and this is why I stated that I’m reluctant to do so because there are 2 votes already on him.
    A and B is really the same case for anyone out here. C) I don’t see how Sega comes into this but okay…

At the time of your post (and even until now), Sega has yet to post anything. Inactiveness and a complete AFK is different in my eyes. While Chaz had posted something that I would think suspicious of, Sega has nothing except for the fact that he has not posted at all. Yes, I am in favour of getting rid of useless people but I’d rather get rid of a passive/neutral player than someone with zero information(that I cannot make judgement on). [If nothing comes out of all this pressuring including against myself, well Sega will be the most likely candidate to go for day 1]

I don’t see how my gut feeling would have “less basis” just because I don’t know how people usually play. I can definitely pick up the tonal differences of each player and their stance on the game, as do most veterans do anyway except with the benefit of knowing how each player has played in the past.

Welp and here I also have Faonkarino and Holypie’s attention. Interesting.

I respect Shidoshi for giving reasoning on his judgement/suspicion, however for Faonkarino.. other than mentioning Shidoshi’s guesses are accurate has not really provided further reasoning. Likewise for holypie, however at the very least requested for further information as to why Shidoshi suspects me.

–cough- @Holypie; Interesting ;)

LOL jokes aside. I have my eyes now on @faonkarino; [Vote] Faonkarino

Feels like there’s a lot of swing and sway in your posts, but this could be just to get people’s attention. Anyway, my main suspicion arrives from the fact that if it were like the above to try and get people’s attention why have you voted twice on people who already have a vote count? Your justification or the process you have shown to justify a vote on me is questionable.

@ChaoticCJ; ’s “watching” over our posts but not really into the finger pointing is raising some alarms for me but I’ll leave that until I get a little more sense from Faonkarino.

---------------------
    To be honest, I didn’t know there were such thing as day abilities… so wow at Kyrastri and what is speculated to be a double vote for her?
    Last edited by Liable; 2014-07-11 at 01:23 AM. Reason: vote removed

7. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Finally replied lol. And yes, good morning :) I've not gone down to eat my breakfast (7:47am here, and I want some sleep soon).

Waiting for your reasoning about faon. I need to read about that.

[EDIT]
    just read your reasons. I didn't catch that hmm.. I guess different people look at different angles, eh?

8. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Of course scenarios A and B apply to almost every vote and generally A will be true because there are more Town players. The difference here between you voting for anyone else and voting for Chaz specifically was that his pile of votes was the fastest increasing stock in the market, ripe for evil speculators to jump in. On an increasing bandwagon there has to be more justification than just a gut feeling to throw a vote. Meta and Faon's votes were based on pretty much "let's get him to talk" so pushing the wagon further requires a better case.

I'm holding my vote where it is for now, but there's still plenty of Day to be had.

9. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Agh I knew that would happen. Faon ninja'd me, his post wasn't there when I voted!

And now Chaz comes back to post even more sketchiness. I feel like he's just posting for the sake of posting, contributing nothing significant to the conversation. I have a bad feeling about him so I'm going to [ B][vote] Chaz[/B], even if I do get accused of flip flopping because of it.
    Last edited by Holypie; 2014-07-11 at 01:32 PM. Reason: devotify again I'm sorry I'm indecisive ;_;

10. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

I have explained my case for this. I was and have mentioned I was hesitant. 1st vote to strike a conversation, 2nd to.. ?? but didn't really have any meaning and as such I had to go with my suspicions that he was rather passive which he has shown otherwise later on.

Noted. Though however I still believe I had enough justification to place the vote while pointing at his previous passive stance. “Just a gut feeling": that’s exactly where suspicions come from at least in this day 1 environment. Right? If I had said that in day 2, then yes I understand why you would question my “gut feeling”.

I respect your continuous refutation/aggression on me and I believe I have enough information regarding your stance in the game. Two(or..three?) birds with one stone :D

11. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

This is what I saw too.

12. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

You are not adding anything to the conversations. You just quote someone and add nothing new. Repeating what 2-3 other people said is not helpful and just make you look more suspicious. You are not explaining anything and your statements seem flimsy. I really am not sure at this point, but if you keep acting like this it is probable that would will get lynched. You are really standing to the sidelines and commenting, opposed to taking a direct part of the game. Just my two cents.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I've removed my vote from LuvDWayULie since he seems like a harmless if misguided player. Besides there is more interesting game afoot with this Liable/Chaz dynamic. The sexual tension is real.

14. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Agreed. @Chaz; you will need to speak more. Share your opinions with us, rather than just agreeing and that's it. You are in a very dangerous position right now as people have begun to suspect you as a potential mafia candidate. I did that the last game, and it nearly costed my life from the game. People kept suspecting of me being one when I was not, so I hope you're not doing the same thing.

Look at Liable. At least when people suspected him/her, he/she defended him/herself well enough (IMO), and that's what you should do. Being passive wouldn't work, as I have learned in the last game.

In short, speak more than just agreeing (Not crap stuff, useful suspicions with valid reasons/evidence) and you'll be fine.

Hmm, I'm just curious: What made me suspicious for you? Just wondering :)

[EDIT]
    Once again, I'm really sorry that I can't vote. I wished I could, but I will die if I did.

15. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Responding based on pages 7+8, since there's a lot and I don't want to forget these responses by the time I'm done taking notes and such.

No. I've been taking notes since the very first post. I didn't want to play it like last time and wait until the end of the day, because it's just too much to do at once. People are too talkative here. Not that it's a bad thing, but it makes taking notes incredibly hard.

I think you misinterpreted my point. It wasn't to accuse anyone. In fact, I'm rather annoyed at Olsi for voting for Sega. It was to point out that people will take it badly if the people I mentioned continue to not post. As I mentioned last game, I absolutely hate "Lynch on Inactivity" because it never ends well. Mafia players almost always intentionally become active to avoid that lynch. We will be wasting a lynch if we vote for Sega. I just want to get him to talk, because he will be lynched if he continues to be inactive.

If Sega has since been active, then awesome. As I said I still have several pages to go through.

I am adamantly against this and am not happy that you decided to bandwagon Sega. Last game should be proof enough that inactivity means nothing. Hell, for all we know Sega hasn't posted because they have some passive ability preventing Day 1 speech. Is that really so far out of the question, considering what we've seen on Day 1? I don't think so at all. My vote was simply to get him to speak, if possible. I had no intention of keeping it at the end of the day.

16. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

@Polantaris; I also didnt have much intention to keep it until the end of the day, it was to get him to pay attention to the game for once, as well as poking fun at the fact that the last two games sega has been quiet and lynched pretty early both times.

I assume he has real life stuff going on as he also hasnt been on IRC at all but we still have a whole day for him to respond and give thoughts on stuff before i just strike my vote

17. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Based on the rest of the thread......

It's possible meowmixx no longer has a vote, in exchange for Kyrastri to get two. That would explain why Kyrastri needed a target, and above that none of the flavor mentioned meowmixx at all that I remember, which implies that we no longer even see them (and therefore their vote is irrelevant now).

I understand. I'm going to remove my vote from Sega though, because I don't want things to go out of control suddenly and get an inactive player lynched. If they still haven't said anything after nearly 3 (irl) days, then I say it's more acceptable then. I don't know what's going on with them but I absolutely agree that they should be subbed if they don't say anything after today. This is three games in a row and it's no longer acceptable.

[Vote] @Chaz;

My vote is being changed to Chaz because after being called out multiple times to say something useful, they still do not. They even made a post since then that does exactly what they are being called out for doing.

Even if you are not mafia, playing like that is even worse than being inactive, because you muddle the thoughts and results of everyone and everything.

18. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

I love me some OMGUS in the (IDONTKNOWHOWTOSLASHnight) mornin.

@Liable; , my reasoning is the same as Shidoshi's. Isn't that obvious? I found his own reasoning to be correct and accurrate and thus made it my own.

I'll keep my vote exactly where it is, for now. For some reason I do not suspect Chaz as much as some of you do. I don't know, his excuse to play in a more "neutral" way looks plausible to me, perhaps.

I'd still rather have him play "normally", but oh well.

I'm rather disappointed in my posts right now, but I think it's just the way day 1 works for me. I'll propably be more useful from day 2 onwards.

Edit: I see with my little eye, a small Sega waiting to die.

19. Default Re: Digital Mafia - Day 1

Well go ahead and die me I guess? Sucks being gone the day it starts and the day after. If you just wanna kill me off on the first day because I haven't said anything, and go so far as to want me out of further games is fine, but it's for sure not going to do any good.