1. Default What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

I've had no luck finding any information about these giant monsters.

They weren't in Ellin Forest, for the short-ish time I was there. But they're everywhere in Leafre. What are all the different kind of giant versions are there, and what do they do? I remember one that said something about healing, and it healed, there was a "beefy" one that I suspect has some high defense or whatever, and I recently ran into one that said "magic eater".

2. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

Elite Monsters. There's information about them in the patch notes.

Kill a bunch of stuff, elite monster spawns, it does a thing based on what affix it has, you kill it, it drops some shinies, equips it drops have a higher chance of being epic, so on and so forth.

3. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

Ooh thanks, can't believe all this new stuff happened a month ago or so, it made me feel like I've been gone for a long time, heh.

So the names/prefix(?) of the elite monsters represent which skill they use? is there a list of these skills anywhere? :x

4. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

You can generally tell by the name. They are not particularly dangerous except for the one that uses DR (which is prefixed with "Reflective") but the status using ones/dispelling ones (Magic Eater?) can be kind of annoying.

The Elite Bosses are a lot more dangerous but you can get a substantial reward during the bonus for beating them.

5. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

I kept killing mobs in a map for four hours, and I killed thirteen Elite monsters before getting an elite boss, which then killed me because I ran out of HP potions.

Their prefixes, like Phoenix Wright said, relate to what they can do - I fought one that may have seduced me, as I could not use my health potions, though it may have used another ability.

After you fight the boss, you'll get a bonus stage where you can grab items falling out of the sky. I'd highly suggest aiming for the purple chests in that case, because they contain good items like Clean Slate 10% scrolls.

6. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

There is also a different kind of bonus stage where there are treasure chest monsters that walk around. When you kill them, they drop a bunch of those exp/meso/item orbs.

From just one of those stages, I got a Protection Scroll, 2 Clean Slate 10%s and one of those purple cubes. Way better than the falling items type of deal.

7. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

With the prize orbs in the bonus stage, are they supposed to be lootable, or do you have to break them with basic attack, and then (manually) loot?
    In the few seconds before the orbs dissappeared I was just mashing all keys and never figured out exactly what worked and what didn't. It seemed like pet loot didn't work; maybe you have to manually loot. Lag at the time was limiting and confusing things too. The orbs actually seemed to take evasive action when I approached them.

8. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

The flying ones are absorbed by your character upon contact, the ones that drop from the chest monsters (which I believe are updated Mimics) have to be manually looted.

9. Default Re: What are all these giant version of monsters randomly spawning?

There is always a flaw with such systems. If this is what I think it is, then this is similar to the Maple Leaf falling event, where you jump around to get maple leaves and especially the gold ones (the similar minigame for korean rice cakes etc. goes by the same system, except you are in a floating map). The flaw is in latency. I can stand at one spot and have 5 leaves drop on me at one go, and I only register the first one. Teleport and flash jump affects this too.

It must be server-sided because client-sided programming makes it too prone to hacking... well... I think the corpse of the horse can't neigh at us for flogging at it again.

Hadriel