1. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

Ok, so I was already loving the new series of the pokemon anime, the characters are great, the battles look awesome, Malamar was a cool villain, but Mega Evolution has brought it to a whole new level.

Check this pomegranate out:

It's getting as brutal as Origins at this point.

2. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

Ah, I stopped watching near the end of B&W, I should catch up on this sometime. Just too many shows at this point. Too bad the games will likely never let you battle like that.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

All pokemon battles aren't as brutal as that one, it's just that lucario gets A LOT more aggressive when mega evolving... Just saying.

But yeah, the anime overall is better, the problem is that there still are some filler episodes, I usually check serebii's preview and if I like it, I watch the episode, this one was amazing.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

While that is true, brutal battles are becoming more common, the previous episode had a pretty brutal fight between Blaziken and Lucario. And every Mega Evolution battle so far has been amazing.

In regards to the filler episodes, there is really no way to avoid it. It's a show about travelling through the pokemon world and encountering stuff. If they cut out filler episodes Ash would get from one gym to the next in like 2 episodes and wouldn't get any training.

5. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

Oh. I haven't really been keeping up, I think I'm somewhere around the Decolores(sp?) Islands episodes, right when they meet that girl with the Helioptile and Gogoat.

I should really catch up.

6. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

It seems censorship isn't what it used to be, but we like it that way :d. I think they're going to have some plot elements from the X/Y games as well as explain how the megastones really work on each Pokemon. So I get that they're going to talk about death and destruction at one point, so making the fights look more brutal and vicious might not be any different in their eyes. It's even more so if they're trying to lead the whole thing up to that movie.

I've always seen the anime as a way to advertise the games, but it is still interesting to watch sometimes. I would like it if there was a way to battle like in the anime, but that probably won't happen unless they tried to make another spin-off game with different battle and move mechanics. Three dimensional battle (More depth, control, and movement) vs turned based battle? They can make the controls somewhat similar to the mystery dungeon games and controlling the pokemon how it moves, or make it more action based? It'd be pretty awkward if they tried to make the anime exactly the same as the games though as far as the battles go.

7. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

Bad ass scene!

I can't but feel the show missed out completely by not having the style that Pokemon Origins brought us. It made me re-think how I viewed anime and Pokemon as a whole and I feel like my childhood was a lie

8. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

Berserkario? This, I like.

I actually might watch the anime. For once.

9. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

I'd love a Dissidia-style Pokemon game.

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

One thing I really like about Mega Evolution in the anime is the fact that every Mega Evolution is "different", with the characters mentioning that Lucario's mega evolution is a doubling of it's Aura powers, and the reason most Mega Lucario go insane is because the Aura completely takes over all their instincts and they can't handle the power.

They even compared Mega Gardevoir and Mega Lucaria by saying that Gardevoir becomes stronger and the bond between it in and the trainer reaches ridiculous levels (as shown in previous episodes with Diantha giving orders to Mega Gardevoir without speaking).

It has a lot of potential in the show to be really awesome, especially if they have short mini-arcs like this one that focuses on a specific mega evolution.

11. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

Would you guys expect Charizard to return at some point? Though, I think it might be pushing it for him to Mega Evolve too. I'd be curious if there was something behind a split path Mega Evolution.

I like how the anime flows sometimes (except for the fillers), but one thing I sort of hate about the anime is that it doesn't really follow any timeline and tends make Ash start dumber and weaker with each new journey. We probably know that about it already, and know it's for the sake of progression and advertisement sort of thing, but it's just something about it I dislike. There's always some lack of character development. Though, this season started out differently and we can see some sort of a romance thing going on, but I'm not expecting anything big to come out of it. Maybe I'm just picky like that, but oh well :d

12. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

didn't he came back not-so long ago? on b&w episode... if so most likely he'll be back again

13. Default Re: The Pokemon Anime is suddenly awesome.

FORE!

Might watch X&Y when it's done airing.

14. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Lordy, that was actually terrifying, mainly whenever they showed his eyes.

... I'd watch the anime again if they were all this epic. :D I'm also very curious about the Gardevoir one, that just sounds really awesome.

I burnt out on it pretty much around the same time I burnt out on the series entirely (after Gold/Silver). But while I went back to the games, I never went back to the anime. All I know is that Ash is still the same age.

15. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

he's 14 now IIRC, no longer the forever-10 year old.

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Nope, he's still 10 in canon. He hasn't aged despite around 6 or so years passing in the anime itself.