View Poll Results: Do You Care WHO You Marry on MS?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 76.09%
  • No

22 23.91%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Harrisonized

Default Do You Care WHO You Marry on MS?

Do you?

The other day, curiously, when I said I was single, my friends questioned me to why I have not married yet to APQ. I told them that I had three conditions to getting married:
    1) The girl has to be a girl, not a g.i.r.l.
    2) I have to know the girl well enough as a friend, and the girl has to consider me well enough as a friend to not break the ring. (I wouldn't want to waste $25 over some argument.)
    3) The girl cannot be a mule, she must be active. I want to actually use my spouse chat.
    If those three conditions can be met, I wouldn't mind paying. However, I know realistically that the three cannot be met. I digress. This topic is about the extent of seriousness Maplers take weddings.

After seeing the three conditions, my friends replied saying that the benefits of APQ far exceed that of anything serious and if I was unsatisfied, I should just break the ring. One friend told me that "even [my] mule is married". Another told me that I should marry myself. "Who doesn't love [him]self?"

Well, what do you think? Will you marry just some random, a mule, or yourself or what not? Make sure you include the reason behind your vote. Thanks.

2. Default

I have my main and an alternate char married. My main has been married off twice--once as a joke that I paid for and another time as a mutual agreement between myself and a nice fellow who joined our guild--and who was married to a mule, for the sake of APQing. I believe we split the cost of that marriage. We married our chars so we'd have the opportunity to couples APQ, should we so desire. I married my alt off to another guild member--I didn't feel it would be fair to break the ring on my main, considering her hubby was still active.

Both of my MS husbands are friends, and I still keep in touch with them(even though they've both quit). I wouldn't marry off any character to a random person or to an unused mule.

~Lyssa

3. Default

Guild mates... anyone who I can trust and I know isn't a hacker. Doesn't mean they would get my info, I just want to keep a certain reputation, ya'know?

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Dear god it's impossible to read your post without highlighting it.

Anyway, I married a friend of mine's mule. I never APQ though, so meh.

5. Harrisonized

That text seems fine to me. Acutally, purple text, in general is fine. It's when it becomes yellow text that you have to squint.

6. Default

I've concidered marrying myself or a mule to PQ, since I'm too much of a nerd to get a real girl. ;o
    I'd never be one of those "LF>GF with or without NX I pay4 wedding" smega-ers.

7. Default

It's fine on the default light background, which I've assumed is what most folks use. I'm guessing you're using the dark layout? (do we have more than 1? o_o)

~Lyssa

8. Default

I'm married to the hottest woman in Britain...twice.

User CP > Edit Options > Remove user font modifications.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Yeah.

Thanks.

10. Default

Online Relationships are pointless.

I either marry a close friend or myself. Oh baby.

11. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

I'm still a single on my sequel. I might marry someone in order to do Amoria Party Quest, as long as they don't ask me out for a date.

12. Default

I actually planned to marry my Sniper to a mule (my Gunslinger) to APQ twice a day. Thanks to the White Winter Sale, I can :D.

13. Default

My Bowmaster is married to a friend who has sadly quit. My Bishop is married to a Mule, and my Gunslinger will soon be married to my other friend's Pirate mule :).

14. Default

I went with close friend both times, I'm not interested in an actual relationship on MS but the benefits of APQ bonus were worth the 20 bucks to me (I paid for one wedding, friend paid for the other).

I'll probably start looking for a spouse for the Hermit at some point but there's no rush. I know how annoying low level characters are :P I'm thinking of training up another character to marry it with.

15. Default

I actually married a really good friend of mine just because we're really good friends...didn't APQ until several months later, which is a bonus now I guess. o.o

If I ever had any other character that I actually used, I'd be interested in getting it married to someone who I'm good friends with. If it's an APQ mule, I'd marry a friend's APQ mule as well probably.

16. Default

I always laugh at those megaphones that say, LF> Wife/GF MUST HAVE NX! and be over lvl 45!

Might aswell marry another character of your own. If you actually spend the time you can gain Apples twice as fast. It's like a 2X Apples Card. LollerSk8z.

That reminds me, I haven't gotten any apples in a while.

17. Default

Never been married on Maple, but if/when I do then I'll marry a close friend, not some random stranger. Not sure if I'd marry a mule or not. I'm afraid that if I spend $25 to get married someone might break it off and that would be a waste of money, so I'd much rather marry myself on a mule.

18. Default

I married a friend I met on MS, I knew him more than a year when we did. We split the cost, it was done for doing the APQ. We do use the spouse chat on occasion.

19. Default

I've been thinking lately that i could marry a mule, that being said, all females i know, i wouldn't get married with. They are good friends and internet things, like marriages can make it weird.

20. Default

I think unless you intend to get into an MS/Online relationships and are ready for MS dramas (comparable to irl relationship drama, but less slaps and punches and stuffs, just more capital letters and flames), you only need to care about point 2 in your conditions :

In that case splitting cost would be the best, unless you want to be the gentleman and pay the whole cost..?

I would marry off my mules to random people if they pay, since in no relationships I will never drop the rings, so I consider myself trustable. I would hate it to split cost and the guy tells me he finds the love of his life and I have to suffer from 12.5k nx loss with only a "im so sorry f4"

I would split cost when I marry my main, which is to trustable friend only.

Then again, I am not married to a mere friend on both my characters =P