View Poll Results: Do You Care WHO You Marry on MS?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 76.09%
  • No

22 23.91%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Wait, when did we get married?

On topic: I got married in Maple, my internet crashed for a week after the wedding and i log in to find she divorced me.

wtp.

2. Harrisonized

Wow. It's all about the money isn't it. From the splitting of the ticket cost to marrying mules, even G.I.R.L.s and ring breaking, every aspect is focused on the money.

~~~~~

Perhaps I didn't state clearly but I did not say anywhere that I was getting married.

However, with these posts, now I see the truth about APQ. Nobody cares anymore about online friendships enough when money can easily outbuy that. Don't get me wrong, not talking about online relationships, a mere simple friendship evolves into drama when money's involved? Disgusting how on MS a friendship can be bought.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-01-01 at 05:36 AM.

3. Default

Uhm, sorry if I offended you, I didn't intend to, I just put out my mind in written form. I didn't say that online friendships didn't exist or that money can easily outbuy that. I didn't say that a simple friendship evolves into drama when money's involved. I also state nowhere out there that an MS friendship can be bought. In fact, are you quoting the right post? o__o;;;;

4. Harrisonized

Eh, only the first line was directed at you. The other lines are directed at the thread in general. Sorry if I offended you.

Oh, the G.I.R.L. wasn't directed from you either. I guess I just read all the responses and made a quick reply. My apologies. I quoted your comment because the majority of it was about money and that somewhat annoys me...

Super Edit: Apparently, I confused some of the sleepywood stuff with stuff here, maybe I was a bit harsher on this thread after reading the other identical one I posted over there.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-01-01 at 05:46 AM.

5. Default

Oooo icic, but anyway, I wasn't really trying to say that marriages rotate around money only. I was trying to give you a financial insight on it, pros and cons there, and what's the wisest to do because in your post you mentioned that you "wouldn't want to waste $25 over some argument."

Then again like I said, I am married not only to a friend, so if you are as lucky or maybe luckier and find a good friend or maybe a girlfriend you want to marry, that can only add more enjoyment to your MS gameplay, regardless who pays.

;D gl!

6. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Helioh
    Server: Mardia
    Level: OMO
    Job: Hunter
    Alliance: '_-

1. Must be a "girl" playing a guy character or a "guy" playing a girl character, or must never mention gender. I don't want to know.
    2. Must hate or dislike something about me, preferably everything. There will be no Maple Story relationship or anything similarly insulting to myself.
    3. Must never use spouse chat. There are enough chats.

7. Default

Must NOT talk to me in anyway.
    Must NOT use Spouse Chat
    JUST watch me get rich farming apples.

8. Default

For my mains, I have a male DK married to my gf's DK. My rule for that is that it MUST be gf's main character, no other exceptions. (Paid for the entire wedding)

For my Night Lord, since it is a female, I don't really care, but I'd like to marry a male Hermit/NL (that is not DEXless) that I've known for a really long time, OR a girl that is playing a male Night Lord. As long as it is a friend that I've known that plays a NL, I guess. o_O; (Paid for half of the wedding)

Btw, both my characters are married. Some dude married my Cleric (mule) too, lmfaaaao. Which, may I add, I did not pay for the wedding.

9. Default

i wanna marry my lovely g/f susie <3
    Last edited by DrRusty; 2009-01-01 at 07:02 PM.

10. Default

I don't care because i don't marry other people, i marry my mules.
    I don't want some 40 year old dude from Detroit spamming spouse chat for mesos.

11. Default

I would only get married if I can convince my fiance to play MapleStory. Which I doubt he ever will.

$25 for a party quest? No thanks.

12. Default

I don't plan to get married on Maple, but if I were to, I'd probably marry a good friend or one of my friends in real life.

13. Default

This seems the most logical unless someones splitting the bill for marriage with you, this way you can level the mule and then get 2 APQs and your money goes twice as far as if you were to marry someone else.

14. Default

I married my RL gf (who started me on MS)
    SO its pretty safe. I hope.
    But if I were to marry again I'd probably do a mule of mine for the sheer
    simplicity of it.

15. Default

Point number 2 is important (Who wants to waste 10k NX over a person being stupid?)
    Point number 3 is kinda beside the point (I assume you're talking about marrying for APQ)
    Point number 1 is... same as 3 (Even if you were homophobic, who cares?)

I think that if you're marrying for APQ, it's best to just either marry a good friend who you can trust isn't going to cause drama of any kinda further down the line. Either that or you should just make an APQ mule of the opposite gender to marry. If you married a friend, they should pay half to make it fair.

Those that smega are weird. Though I don't think they are the people in it for APQ...

So yeah, I'd say I do care.

Since when was it buying friendships? And if the person you marry isn't an idiot, then well... I don't think that drama from money is ever going to happen anyway
    Last edited by Heidi; 2009-01-01 at 05:02 PM.

16. Default

Meh, I just shared the cost of a wedding with a friend.

17. Default

In the time I've recorded my APQs (about the last 10 months - since my Paladin married) I've got 50 apples. 50 cents per 2.5mil mesos is a good deal, and it only gets better

18. Default

I became friends with a girl, and when the refer-a-friend event came around, we agreed to abuse it to get married for apq benefits. I made 2 mules and she made 2. :D

That was the only reason I got married. I wouldn't want to marry a rl gf who also plays maple because if the relationship goes down the drain, then so would the ring...D:

19. Default

My maple wife (lol) and I are really good friends, which is mainly why we got married the first time. Since she now plays a different character, she wants to get married again for the sake of APQing. Even though I APQ pretty much twice a day every day, if I couldn't APQ I wouldn't really care. I'm far more concerned about losing a good friend than losing some stupid money making benefit.