Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: ProTeam
    Alliance: Prodigious
    usa

Default DC locking problems

Ticket number: 19000-2073675.

I have spoken to you about this hacker in the past, his previous IGN was -redacted- but now he is using the character, -redacted-. You guys permenantly banned his previous account.

He is d/c locking me again. As previously stated in my other tickets, my character is ranked #5 in GMS and I have been a consistent supporter of this game via NX cash purchases and continued game play. This hacker has seriously hindered my progress.

Recently, this guy has been dc locking many people and asking for bi-weekly payments of 2.5 billion mesos from us. He says that if we don't pay him, he will never release us from his d/c lock. After several attempts at reasoning with him, I told him that I would pay him so that he would stop. However, after taking my money, he just continued to d/c lock me anyway. I have a screen shot of this transaction.

I believe that your current process of eliminating hackers is deeply flawed as they are able to just create new accounts to continue doing this anyway. I suggest that you guys implement a link ban in order to stop him and hackers like him too. These hackers are a detriment to the game and are causing many players to give up and stop playing your game.

Please let me know if I can help out in any other way as I have a vested interest in the well-being of this game.

Best regards,

Maroyaa
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2014-06-29 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Don't use IGNs for stuff like this. Violates the accusations rule.

2. Default Re: DC locking problems

Banning the IP address he is currently using won't do much nowadays... You can change your IP address readily by resetting your router or changing the MAC address of your router.

I would however like a permanent fix/prevention of forced/imposed D/C through the MS client. Though.. I doubt that this wish will ever come true.

3. Default Re: DC locking problems

Banning his IP will do nothing considering he knows how to "d/c lock" you.

Nexon won't do anything to this guy and even if they do he will be unbanned within a few days and given 50k+ Nx as compensation for doing such a horrible thing to him! (Obviously I'm being sarcastic..)

4. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: DC locking problems

Unfortunately, unbanning IPs won't do much. They can claim that they have a dynamic IP and have nothing to do with any kind of hacks by using the Unban IP form (http://nexon.net/account/unban-ip/).

5. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Banning the IP address he is currently using won't do much nowadays considering he knows how to "d/c lock" you. They can claim that they have a dynamic IP and have nothing to do with any kind of hacks by using the Unban IP form (http://nexon.net/account/unban-ip/). Nexon won't do anything to this guy and even if they do he will be unbanned within a few days and given 50k+ Nx as compensation for doing such a horrible thing to him!

I would however like a permanent fix/prevention of forced/imposed D/C through the MS client.

Just thought I'd summarize the last three posts since they're the exact same thing.

7. Default Re: DC locking problems

IP bans never work.

Anyways I said it on the past. GMS needs to implement link bans as the common punishment for hackers/exploiters/botters and similars like EMS did. While its not the definitive solution it definitely helps a lot, especially against those people who do this kind of activities on mule accounts.

8. Default Re: DC locking problems

If we had EMS policies maroyaa would be banned for using demon cry since it gives boosted exp and that's an unfair advantage to other classes that don't have that skill

9. Default Re: DC locking problems

EMS punishments are handled completely different depending on what was the offense.

I was refering to just hacking and its variants(botting, exploiting, DCing other players,etc), which are punished with link bans. EMS for example doesnt link ban the people who abuse game bugs or unintended features such as party play with 41 or more levels difference.

Link bans on EMS have been proven to do a decent job as almost all meso sellers ingame have disapeared and the chineese mesofarmers are completely gone as well and the amount of botters has reduced drastically. DC hackers are also nearly completely gone and so on. Ofcourse that there are still hackers, but the amount is extremely low compared to before, as many of them have either stopped hacking due to being scared of link bans or have been banned already.

10. Default Re: DC locking problems

He's just joking.

Spoiler

11. Default Re: DC locking problems

Well, i just wanted to give my opinion. Since i think it would be a good adition to the game. Especially taking into consideration that the amount of hackers on this game has always been a huge problem.

12. Electron Male

IGN: Maroyaa
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: ProTeam
    Alliance: Prodigious
    usa

Thank you this is pretty helpful. I feel like Nexon should definitely do something like this.

13. Default Re: DC locking problems

Pfft, dc locking is just a feature, I mean it has been around since 2008 with no real repercussions

14. Default Re: DC locking problems

This is too much now...

15. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

still wondering why you paid him. never give in to terry wrists or they win lol and they will continue to do it to you and others wp to that guy

16. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

What are you looking to gain by posting this here?