1. Default Account buddy system and can you opt out?

Hi everyone,

how does the new account buddy system work?

When they add you do they know your account ID, or some sort of server generated identification code? Or is the nickname listed something that they make up.

also can your old "buddies" convert you to account buddy without asking your permission?

third, is there a way to opt-out completely and only allow people to buddy your character?

As many have suggested, there may be a risk that they might get your account ID somehow, even if it is not disclosed directly. though I have nothing of great value. Also I don't really play enough to make any lasting friends in game, so I don't really care about the buddy system that much.

also how have you responded to the account buddy system - have you been adding lots of buddies or do you have reservations?

2. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default Re: Account buddy system and can you opt out?

Whenever somebody adds you as an account buddy, an invitation will be sent to you. You can decline.

3. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

no the ppl who add you as account buddy dont know your account id. when you account buddy someone the characters ign that they were on at the time will be the blue name you see which signals that they are an account buddy.

for someone to be an account buddy they alrdy need to be on your buddy list and need to accept your account buddy invite.

also only account buddy ppl that you are really close with.

4. Default Re: Account buddy system and can you opt out?

You can add someone as an account buddy straight off (it's selected as default for me, I had to opt out adding account buddies). You don't need to be in their buddy list already.

5. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

o what gg ok then