Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Today our #1 ranked person in EMS got banned for using kanna kishin skill in Stronghold - Armory 2. This is basicly the same as what you guys do in HoH, a semi afk kanna mule that use kishin every 2-3 min. According to the GM's we are not allowed to use the inmatesearch methode despite it only being 20% bonus per person, which is fine, we stopped using that. However, because kanna gives a great advantage over other classes in terms of grinding speed, NexonEU decided to disallow this aswell, but not by nerfing the ability, by banning people without warning if the kanna isnt activily killing.

How is this any different to using a hs mule? A phantom mule?

I'd really like to know southperry's input on this situation seeing how kanna has been around much longer in GMS. I have never heard of someone getting banned for using a mule account to boost grinding speed, especially when its controlled by the person who grind on his 2nd computer & its by using a skill, not any glitch or bug.

Unban request thread: http://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread....48#post6604948
    Petition to allow usage of kanna mules: http://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread....-like-HS-mules

Note that some people who actually play kanna as main in EMS is not liking this at all either, because they cannot help their friends with free kishin service while bishops can do whatever they want.

2. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Yeah, this seem really stupid

3. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

They should shut down MSEA and EMS and just merge them with GMS

4. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

With our luck, we'd get THEIR administration in GMS if they did that.

5. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

If people are botting Kishin then the Kishin mule should've been banned (not that they do that in GMS, but as far as the ToS goes, it'd be deserved), but this seems pretty dumb.. and if they don't want people using the level gap/forced party play EXP thing they should just do what GMS did and patch it.

6. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

I dont get why has NexonEU gone full retard since January. If they dont want stuff like party play or Kishin shoukan among others to be abused then they are better removing those or nerfing them to the point where they cant be abused anymore.

7. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Thats not the issue. His kanna was not in his party at all, it was partyless and every 2-3 min he would move his hand over to his 2nd computer to resummon kishin.

8. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

nah, nexonNA is still big. Asiasoft is crumbling... wouldnt be surprised if nexonkr suddenly decides to revoke their licenses.

9. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

While it's extremely stupid and I couldn't disagree more with NexonEU's decision, the GM did warn him. He should have stopped using it until gathering support on the forums. If training was too slow without kishin, then don't train at all until the problem is resolved.

Basically, looking at this from the GM's POV, he told a player not to do something, and was blatantly disobeyed. I would've done the same thing in his position. It doesn't matter how stupid the rule is. If the rule-enforcers tell you not to do it, you don't do it.

It's like at work. If your boss (who has the ability to fire you) tells you to do something obviously inefficient and stupid, and they are still persistent after you point out the flaws in their logic, you f'ucking do what they say or get your ass fired. Same thing here, except boss->GM and fire->ban.

10. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

I assume that EMS and GMS are free to make like their own decisions when it comes to player abuse. Not exactly sure how that is, but assuming that there are some differences.

11. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

My comment was 100% joking. The entire idea is a joke and would not happen.

12. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Though I do not think they should ban people based on this "exploit" (since it IS basically the same as HS/shet) if you continue to use a method which you are told by a GM that it is bannable you do deserve the ban. Well they only gave him a month ban luckily. If it would have been a perm, half EU would have revolted.

Ban = deserved.
    Policy needs some tweaking.

13. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

GMs banning based on their own personal rules isnt a good idea, first of all because this can lead to power abuse, favouritism and mood affecting the way they punish. Secondly because every GM could make their own rules and hence there would be complains since what for one GM isnt ban worth or a temporal ban for other GM it could be a permaban and on third place it shows the lack of control that NexonEU has towards their GMs.

The rules should be perfectly clear and if a certain action wasnt bannable on the past but now is, it should be notified to players before any actions are taken, and no a single GM warning via whisper isnt enough.

NexonEU has their own rules, and GMs shouldnt make their own ones. All the punishments should be done based solely on NexonEU official rules.

This, like i said in the past shows how dissorganized NexonEU is.

14. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

so in GMS we cry because no GM presence.
    in EMS we cry because an actual GM tells us to do something we don' t like and then get banned because we basically say pineapple you and do it anyways.

15. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

If NexonEU would not agree with the GM's this thread would not be up still : http://forum.nexoneu.com/announcement.php?f=2&a=153
    Also, GM's can't do stuff on their personal whim. They have NexonEU as their boss. You really think this is some rule some GM just made up, posted it on the forum and then started enforcing it without NexonEU's consent? I personally think not. If it actually is true, that would be sad.

I however see no evidence for this. As far as I can see now, people are just shooting the messenger.

16. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

To being sincere, that joke has some truth... Asiasoft is really crumbling.

They are making pretty bad desicions these days.

17. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

Oh really, you are defending him?

He knew he shouldn't use it because it was a forum post. That forum post got taken off, so naturally, he used the 'exploit'. A GM saw that, and gave him a warning; he said to not do it again, and that nobody else is allowed either.
    The NEXT day, he says "screw it, I don't wanna listen to him", and uses what is an exploit in the eyes of the GM that warned him THE DAY BEFORE.

If you are too dumb to listen to people who can legitemately ban you, you deserve a ban, and a 30-day one is short at that.

18. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Wait how is using a skill considered an exploit? Lol

19. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

So if you are a game Dev, would you rather pay 20 people to walk around checking every single possible grinding map in the game to see if theres anyone using a kanna mule (if they wont allow it) or would you rather adjust the content/remove it all together till you are satisifed? Not to mention that you actually dont want to make a post on the offical webpage about this situation, leaving over 95% of the maple community in the dark without knowing why they got banned. Phatnom was warned but what about the players who dont know that this is not allowed, because nexon wasnt informative enough?

One of the reasons why NexonEU refuse to spread information about stuff like this, is to prevent others from abusing it, which leads to more work on gm's part & then they will start asking for more payment. And as a DEV its YOUR job to make it easier for your game masters, not avoiding the problem all together & banning people whenever you find someone ignoring an unwritten rule.

ps: as mentioned above, using a skill is not an exploit especially when the skill is neither bugged/has any glitch involved.
    Last edited by Even; 2014-06-21 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typos

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I'm actually more concerned over the people actually defending this decision than being against it.
    Also there's a lot of hypocrisy within some of these posts.