1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

So then they'll just get the 170% -> 150% spawn increase nerf (i know this probably isn't how it really works but it's the only measure we have to go off of) and then they'll be in the same spot as us except they get banned for using kanna mules while we don't. Worst case scenario it gets removed completely like some other version and then EMS sucks more lol.

2. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

This is bad logic.

You're comparing a law set by the federal government vs a law set by the company that owns the game. The federal government's laws overrule anything the company will ever think of, no matter what.

If the company then decides that they don't like the law, there's only one thing they can do: Dispute it. They cannot break the law, and then when caught go, "I DIDN'T LIKE IT, IT'S SILLY!" and expect to get away with it. That's not how the world works.

This is exactly the same scenario, except imagine that the player who got banned is now the company, and the company is now the government. The government has set up a law, has said that the law is the law, and the company doesn't like it, but does it anyway. What happens? The company goes to jail. That's what a ban is, in essence.

It doesn't matter, at all, whether or not the law is just. Until it's disputed, it's still illegal to do it and you are still subject to the punishment that law entails. It was the player's job to dispute the law and bring up enough evidence to support a claim to remove the law. They didn't. They have to face the consequences of their actions.

The problem here is that Nexon is not a democracy. It is an anarchy. Nexon rules with an iron fist, and while their fist smashes in different ways every time you turn around, the fact of the matter is that the only thing you can do is plead with them to do the right thing. They have no requirement to pay attention to anything you say. If you don't like how Nexon rules you should leave - many of us have. Maybe then they'll start paying attention to what you say, but until then there's nothing else you can do (because you can't overthrow them).

But until you do, crying that they're unfair AFTER THE FACT, AFTER BEING WARNED, is completely illogical and will make it even less likely that they'll pay attention to anything you say.

3. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

I'm a casual player, been playing on and off with multiple characters since the game's inception.
    The whole idea of HS mules an d hacking and what have you seems like it takes the fun out of the experience.

4. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Look. As someone said, kishin mules can be compared to hs mules. End of story. There's no argument any one of you can say that can change that REGARDLESS of what the gm told him to do or not. You guys keep saying gms have to follow a strict guideline but this is akin to punishing Boy A for something that Boys B - F are also doing. BTs leave their skills on and afk. Skill is in use so yes, it is being used. HS mule hs when needed. SE mule (cuz some ppl do this) uses SE accordingly. BaM's aura's are in use just like BT and they afk on small maps like drill hall 2 and let the attacker have use of their aura. NOW Kanna has kishin up but LAWWWWWWDDDD NO. Nope. F- that. BAN. Warning. Barkbarkbark.

The authority is picking and choosing out of something that is done across a multitude of characters. Sorry but everyone being uptight about what the "police officer " said is wrong. I mean you can't be THAT stupid can you? According to you (whoever mentioned the officer and those who supported this) the law is a clean and pristine shade of white. You need to wake up and smell the coffee lol.

tl;dr

Guy shouldn't have gotten banned. In fact from what i've read, he wasn't even botting, just pressing kishin when needed just like u press hs or se or si when needed.

There really is no dispute. This is the absolute truth.

5. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

That's only one part of the truth. Yes for the players and by GMS standards what he has been doing wouldn't get him banned and doesn't make any sense. The other truth is that he was warned by an officer who has the ability to enforce a regulation.

This is going to be a very crude analogy but give this a read.

Stupidity? This is real pomegranate happening out there. The Law isn't "clean" and "white" and no where near perfect. Either you go by it or go against it and pay the price(whichever path you choose).
    Yes I understand it's not fair, but ignoring the warning was not the wisest of actions.

6. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Get to 210+ first without HS mule or Kanna mule and come and tellme how fun it was.. Make it funnier and dont use any exp multiplicator..

-facepalm-

7. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Is there actually a point to getting past 200 beyond bragging rights or the jobs that get level 3 link skills?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

There is now since you get a damage increase based on how high of a level you are when fighting lower level monsters.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=74168

9. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

I am sure it has a cap. It's incredibly difficult to test, though.

10. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Hell Gollux requires you to be 210 to not miss at all.
    So basically ever since Gollux was introduced, there has been a point to continue leveling after 200

11. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

I don't much care about the race to 200, or how fast I can do it, or whatever. I like the experience of trying out different characters and different skills, taking on bosses and areas that my character isn't quite ready for, doing party quests, that kind of stuff.

12. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

Cool story bro, please tell me more.

Different people have different perspective. Some may wish to quickly reach level /200210 for the sake of SS-character card/link skill, whereas others might want to take their time leveling their characters as they prefer trying out different skills and so on like you said.

You sound very narrow-minded as you seem to be condemning those trying to level at a faster rate. I don't see anything wrong about leveling quickly, and it seems that you don't seem to appreciate other people's point of view. Not everyone will ever feel the same thing over one subject.

Back on topic,

after all these craps, it turns out that using kanna/hs mules are allowed:

13. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

They do specify that mules are only alright after they fix the party play bug.

14. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

It has always been, and if not should have been, allowed, duh.. o_O

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Not really sure where you're getting this perspective of him trying to downplay others for racing to 200. Sounds like he's not interested in the whole "Level a new class as fast as possible to 200" ordeal and would rather enjoy his time with the class.

16. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

he offers a negative viewpoint towards the idea of leveling (or rather "racing" as he calls) at a fast rate with the help of HS/Kanna mules, and as he says:

it might take the fun out of the experience for some people, but it might not for others

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've personally "raced" a couple classes to 200 as fast as possible and I too have been called into question for it, but it's simply their opinion and nothing more. Some people enjoy the adrenaline of "get to 200 before anyone else", while others don't really see the enjoyment in it.

18. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

WHOA

I don't know if you're a woman or not but let me tell you this. First, the article you linked is just injustice defined and just says a policing force can do what they want. Second, this article is like super offensive. As a woman, getting raped is one of my worst fears. Like why even bring this up? Not only does this prove my point but this is just offensive. (I know the article threw me way off but it does really prove my point)

Regarding your second statement. It makes no sense. I said according to one of the other posters. I know the law isn't clean. I don't need you to reiterate that.

Regarding the last statement, the warning was uncalled for to begin with. If you don't challenge authority then it runs rampant unchecked and you get cases like this.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

his point is "do things the smart way" you got told to stop using kanna and stuff? screenshot it, make a riot in the forums, but don't just challenge the GM 1-on-1 by continuing to do what he told you not to do, all that will get you is a ban.

20. Default Re: NexonEU rather ban players than adjusting an intended content

You use tumblr don't you?

Look, you can sit here and dictate your opinion as fact, but it's illogical no matter how you look at it. Someone told him that it was specifically not how the game was designed to be played. His responsibility as a player is to abide to whatever they tell him is within the lines. I'm not going to get into talk about Law, or anything of that nature because it's exaggerating the actual event.

It's a game, a game that the administration punishes you over petty things and have done so for almost a decade. So for you to not only be surprised by this, but honestly think the player will ever be unbanned because "THE GAME HAS IT, IT"S NOT HIS FAULT", is an insult to common sense everywhere. You do hold some responsibility as a player, whether you want it or not, and they can terminate their service anytime they want for any reason they want. That's the risk you have for playing.

Whoever this player was, frankly was an idiot. He made an inquiry about a common question, got an answer, and chose to ignore it because it didn't fit his agenda. He got punished for being a spoiled brat, period.