1. Default Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

I've come back from a year break and am thoroughly enjoying the changes being made with craftable cubes and putting prot scrolls on coin vendors (even though I missed this event, QQQQQQ).

I've also read up on changes for KMS with Spell traces, free enhancement system for mesos, and having protection scrolls drop from mobs!

Seems to be turning into a much more enjoyable long term MMO where you slowly build your characters. I may actually have money to buy the perm pets for all my characters instead of spending it on ridiculous RNG systems that just leave me pissed off in the end - leading me to quit for a while.

So.. scrolling! With all the new systems I have mentioned, one glaring thing still sticks out. Shield scrolls/clean slating. I may have missed it, but is there now a way in game to receive shield scrolls or otherwise repair botched slots on gear, in KMS? Has it been mentioned at all? Hinted at?

Does anyone know the droprate of the protection scrolls from the boss monsters in KMS?

And lastly... Do you think Nexon NA will actually be putting these changes in the game?

2. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Shield Scrolls have been a part of a few of the latest Coin Shops, but they are limited. There is a 100% Clean Slate Scroll that was found during the v149 Extractions, but no clue on if or when they will ever be released (like Titanium Hearts or S-Ranked Nebulites).

3. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

less pay 2 win wut

4. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

I think she means that there are options for the lower end of the community to build their way up although slowly without having to merch/spend considerable amount of NX.

It's not a big difference (and the game is still p2w), but it's still notable and for someone who came back it's pretty significant. "less" not all.

5. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

I don't think the new enhancement system made it out of Tespia, but I could be wrong there.

6. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Those are "I'm a Lucky Guy"-style hot time rewards (in KMS, anyway).

We've gotten quite a few of those (namely, the RED pocket item, badge, and Zero androids) as 100% rewards, so who knows.

Though, I really doubt they would let 100% Clean Slates go that easy.

7. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

1) Yes, I do. It is very very low, trust me. The % drop rate of the Protection Scroll is a little bit higher for Elite Monsters above Lv. 110.

2) It is up to the publisher, which is Nexon North America to decide what changes they want for their version.

8. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Slowly is quite the understatement :P

9. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

If this is true then I'll be incredibly sad. Been buying cheap clean tyrants for it :(

10. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Thanks for the info! Are they tradable in a shop? Something is better than nothing :)

11. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Every step taken so far falls under the too little, too late category.

If anyone is still insane enough to aim for the top tier, it would still cost thousands of dollars and/or years of your time.

12. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Protection scrolls and other goodies are dropping from elite monsters/bosse in kms. I really hope gMS implents this. Like really. And mileage shop. Oh, am I dreaming about too much? :c

13. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Still not less pay to win enough yet. but really, nice to see maple heading in that direction.

14. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

They're still tweaking it in KMST so I assume it'll make it to KMS then to us eventually. Assuming GMS makes it that long.

15. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Yea. Also, Mileage was supposed to come with RED.

16. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

It has me and i bet more people thinking if it will ever come.

The mileage shop does give out Protection scrolls and (i think so) shield scrolls. you can only buy 1 before the limit resets, which im not so sure when it does reset. Sadly GMS members cannot get occult cubes from bosses, but if you guys do get the mileage shop, there will be a limit of 10 Red cubes you can buy.

Elite monsters and Bosses do drop items such as Clean slate 10%, Epic potential scroll 50%, and a Protection scroll that lasts for 1 week. All of these are tradeble, so you can make some good profit out of them.

Unfortunately, the equip enhancement system never made its way out of tespia, and it has been there since January. I am hoping it comes out this summer, i really dont know why its taking them so long.

17. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

It is taking them long because the developers have to analyze data. And to create a way to counter the ridiculous Miraculous Equipment Enhancement scrolls. It's been almost a year for the idea to come to reality.

The Equipment Enhancement revamp is because of Nexon's mistake of releasing MEE scrolls.

18. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Which likely means we won't see it because we never got MEE ;o

19. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

Do either of these have a chance to boom? (Mainly the clean slates)

20. Default Re: Maplestory going less pay to win. Questions on scrolling!

It's still a good change that makes it easier for people to star their equipment without worrying about having to pay a lot of money for Cash Shop scrolls, you'll probably still get it.
    Nope!