Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] Bad Apple Mafia - Mafia Victory

1. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

I'm just going to guess that green is a good apple, although I could be wrong. A lot of strange night actions going on....

So, if we lnych words and he is innocent, we lose t villagers (since mafia will kill one), and would probably lynch Meta. Ofc, Meta could be just a regular villager posing as a cop, but that seems stupid. If the Doctor protects Meta and Meta is mafia, the doctor wastes a save. If Meta is not mafia, it could still be a waste as the mafia know the doctor is likely protecing him and would target someone else.

Early role reveals... maybe not the best idea.

2. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

The reason why we should kill Meta is because she has done this tactic before. Her explanation is simply "you have a chance" argument, which is an admittance of guilt as far as I'm concerned. A rational suggestion would be simply explaining previous game should not have any influence and it would be stupid of her to play the same card twice.

The problem we face is we don't know who the doctor is so we don't know who to point to and rationalize, and he can't exactly reveal himself without being target. If we have 3 cops, one of them being a false, we could lose two in one turn, since the mafia knows which one is the real one. But based on the rationalization above, I feel we should take that risk, and have whoever the doctor is protect Kyrastra, since her ability has higher priority.

Our priority should be to clarify where words stands based on meta's accusation, because if he's guilty, then we merely have to see the relationships/actions he had with other people. If he's innocent, then meta needs to die anyway.

3. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

Oh my, I was away for a few hours and this thing blew up four pages.

I'm saving up my vote for now. I need more information.

4. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

After reading it over (and another LoL game), one investigated yoshi who is now dead, one investigated CJ who got innocent, and meta voted words and got mafia, although words did not get any confirmation of being spied (although very good chance they get no message so its kind of irrelevant). There have been many times when there have been two cops so it kind of makes sense that there are two cops with the same ability.

Idk what to make of it all to be honest but we have another day to think this out so lets not rush this.

5. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

If we kill Meta and he was the cop, we would know Words is mafia, but we lose a cop.

6. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

Metagaming is normally frowned upon, but you are right, I did it before, once. But I am not lying when I say I am on the town's side and that Words is on the mafia's side.

I die mafia only has to pick between two targets really, doctor might get lucky never know. Words gets lynched the next day and the mafia continues to try and pick off the cops unless the doctor roleclaims at that point.

Words dies proving that I am right and he is mafia; mafia loses a member and then has 3 big targets to pick between to kill. And then however many cops we have left continue to track down the other mafia members.

7. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

That was the reaction I was hoping for. Simply reverse words with meta, if words dies, worse case is he's a townie, we'll investigate meta to clarify what type of cop she is. Best case is we have two competent cops, one dead townie, vs two cops and 1 townie.

WHOEVER THE DOCTOR IS DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ROLE. Just protect kyastra

8. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

This, and besides in this game seeing a "cop" like Kyrastri or me would mean nothing anyway because I'm starting to believe that we're decoy cops that aren't really given any meaningful information.

As it is right now I believe that Meta is the only meaningful cop and Kyra and I are just glorified slightly detrimental (because of all of this CONFUSION) townies. Killing Words and having the doctor protect Meta to me seems like the only logical option at this point.

Also Khaini, just to clarify are you saying to kill Words? At this point I just want things to be clear. It's a freaking mess.

Doctor if you see this protect who you want. I believe in you. Also if someone quotes this I'm gonna be sad. Seriously don't listen to Khaini or me, this is WIFOM to the bone.

9. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

That's assuming the only cops around are Meta and I, though. Holypie claimed to be a cop as well, investigating the now-dead y0y0. You haven't mentioned him so far so I'm not really sure what you've got planned.

I think that the best course of action with the current information is to keep with the words lynch. If meta is right, then we get a dead mafian. If she's wrong, then that's the problem; we won't know whether she's insane, paranoid or lying. That night, Meta, Holypie and I can all investigate one person, and we collaborate results as soon as possible. The risk of meta being mafia is there, but I'll trust that she's telling the truth...

@Holypie; I'm still curious, though. Why claim cop after I counterclaimed meta? If you're really a cop, which I think you are, I don't see why you couldn't have remained silent. The claim was a little dubious, especially since you unfortunately investigated y0y0.

Speaking of which, @MetaSeraphim;, Holy, what was the text that you got as a result for your investigations/spying? I'm curious to see what you guys got.

Might help to mention that I'm holding off on my vote until we can sort things out.

A reminder to the doctor, if you exist, to keep quiet about your role.

Edit: fixed mention

Holypie, I want to wait until we all know the flavour texts from the investigation pms before we confirm that we're 'decoy' cops.

10. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

Kill words, save Kyastra is my strategy. But it's all up to the doctor, but I feel we all reached that consensus.

11. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

Gotta agree killing words instead of meta to find the truth could potentially be better for us. Any objections (@Words;)?

12. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

We are all assuming there is a doctor, but how do you heal an apple?

13. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

If my experience in the kitchen suggests anything, it's to hack away the bad parts.

I'm not condoning amputation, though...

And, well, you'd hope there is a doctor. :c

14. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

Honestly? I think I got a bit excited over the ridiculous mechanics of this game and to save Meta because (depending on this Words lynch) I believe she's telling the truth.

My flavour text was that I found a stem and some applesauce. So really, it could go either way but based on my role action and my role pm flavour text I'm pretty sure I have the same ability as you. Maybe we check different aspects, I'm not sure. For example you get colour, I get ??? Spying is a much more direct way of checking someone than investigation though. Then again, has Meta explicitly claimed cop? Spying could also imply that she's a tracker, getting to see who her target visits at night. If she has disregard then this train of thought.

15. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

I'm almost positive there's a doctor. My PM last night said someone visited me and healed a bruise on me. Not sure why they'd pick me considering more than a few people were against me last night, but such is the way of things. It's possible that's a different role but I can't imagine what it would be.

I'm inclined to agree with the Words vote. If Meta is a cop, we have three. Above that, even if Meta is the insane cop, that just means that all the information Meta receives is backwards, correct? Then anything Meta investigates we can assume the opposite is actually true, provided we can believe Meta in the first place. Unless Meta is paranoid and everyone they inspect is considered mafia...

If we're going to do it that way, you guys should decide on who to investigate before we reach a majority and the day ends early.

16. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

Oh boy.

I'm too drunk IRL right now to make good decisions, all these claims... though the Words lynch seems like the most plausible thing for now. Only thing to worry is this being a gambit by Meta and the mafia only needing another mislynch + night to win.

I'll come read this again with less alcohol I'm my blood tomorrow. Thankfully I'm no cop :D

17. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

I was under the impression that the amount of mafia members varies from game to game (as in it's not ALWAYS x%). Which ends up with me having to say:

I'm a little confused on how you know that...unless you know how many people are in the mafia...

18. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

There's also the HIGHLY unfortunate possibility that he's a random cop.

He's saying that it's a possibility, that would be the mother of all drunk slip ups though.

19. Default Re: Bad Apple Mafia - Day 2

A random cop would be freaking awful..., but certainly not impossible considering the circumstances.

Oh, true, I probably just misread it. My bad.