Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default The game doesn't work.

Hiya'll , it seems that something on my computer blocks the game from starting and running.

I usually run the game from the Run - cmd section by typing GameLauncher.
    the play button then pops-up,
    I click Play as I usually do,
    But then nothing happens.

I will appreciate your help, guys, because I genuinely tried everything.

Thanks!
    Last edited by VGreg; 2014-06-22 at 06:27 AM.

2. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Do you see any errors, and if you do, which?

3. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Sounds like you might be having the problem I had (I'm guessing?).
    You can either try to launch the game via the website launcher, or create a shortcut for MapleStory.exe (not GameLauncher) and add " GameLaunching" at the end of the Target location in the shortcut properties. Either work fine for me, but GameLauncher still doesn't work.

4. Default

Hiya, I do not see any faults or errors, the game just doesn't launch. I hit the play button, and then it just doesn't do anything.

I usually launch the game by clicking the right button on my cursor, and then writing "GameLauncher" in the black field. It doesn't seem to work. In the past I launched the game regularly, but somehow it stopped working.
    Could you please guide me? Your suggestion seems good, maybe it'll work in the end.

Hiya, I do not see any faults or errors, the game just doesn't launch. I hit the play button, and then it just doesn't do anything.

Launching the game from the site doesn't work, or I'm doing it wrong. I tried creating a shortcut or 'Maplestory' folder, which is 'Maplestory.exe', and adding the line \GameLaunching after Maplestory.exe , but it says to check the file name or the path, which are incorrect or doesn't exist.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2014-05-31 at 07:50 AM.

5. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Create a new user account with administrator privileges. Restart, log on to the new user, and launch GameLauncher.exe.

6. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

How do you do that?

7. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Go to Control Panel. Find "User Accounts". It should be straightforward from there.

If you have Windows 8 -

If you have Windows 7 -

8. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Thank you, however it still doesn't work I just can't figure it out.

9. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Can you please clarify how you're trying to launch the game? Are you using GameLauncher.exe inside your MapleStory folder? After you double click to open GameLauncher.exe, does a window pop up with a Play button on it?

10. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

I do not run the game from the MS icon on the desktop, but by clicking the right button of my mouse on my Maple Story folder, and then a black field opens, where I write "GameLauncher.exe". After that a window pops up with a Play button on it, I click the button, but nothing happens after that.

11. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Can you right click and choose "Run as administrator"?

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Spoiler

Clicking "ok" at this prompt results in asking for the file path, though. Adding the file path, aka C:\Nexon\MapleStory\GameLauncher.exe, runs the game normally. Running in command line gets me nothing.

@VGreg; Why are you using run/cmd in the first place? Just make a shortcut...your computer is running gamelauncher.exe perfectly, but not any process after that, which is the one you want, maplestory.exe. The way you launch the game is the problem.

13. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

I've been using run\cmd for more than a year, since launching the game from the desktop regularly, didn't work for some reason.
    You are right - the play button pops-up, I click "Play" but nothing happens afterwards.
    Can you please explain how to make this shortcut and to which file? I'm really confused.
    Thanks in advance.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Ha. I can tell you have used run/cmd a lot just based off the fact that you used the \ instead of / in that post.

Go into the nexon folder and find gamelauncher.exe. Right click and make a shortcut. Move that shortcut to deskop and it runs the game the same way run/cmd would.

15. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Haha, you have no idea.

I've made a shortcut of the GameLauncher folder, moved it to the desktop, tried to run the game, but still it doesn't run.
    I click the play button and nothing happens. It shows signs of "computer thinking" near the cursor, but nothing else.
    I officially tried everything, and don't know what to do.
    I would appreciate more suggestions!
    Thanks

16. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

Try using Revo Uninstaller to completely uninstall the game.

17. Default

Thanks, I deleted all the MS files. I was thinking - maybe I didn't install MS correctly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Nothing seems to work. I just don't know what to do.

**Update**

I downloaded the game to the other computer I have in my house, and the game worked fine there.
    I noticed that the files that I downloaded there were different than the ones on my computer here.
    the files there were GameLauncher.exe and Maplestory.exe, yet here they are GameLauncher and Maplestory without the exe. Also there are less files here.
    The Hackshield doesn't run. I hit the Play button, but nothing happens from there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx in advance, again.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2014-06-26 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Use the edit button, don't double post.

18. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

That's not really a difference. You probably don't have file extensions showing on the computer you're using.

19. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

I had this issue and all i did was take it off "run for windows xp"

and it fixed it for me ._. that's all i did

20. Default Re: The game doesn't work.

How can I get them? The game hasn't worked for 2 months now, I would seriously quit,'cause it's stupid.
    Could NVIDIA block the game?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

How do I do that?