View Poll Results: Would you support rolling back the game to before the Big bang?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

10 13.51%
  • No!

56 75.68%
  • Don't care, would play either way

8 10.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

There's only so many ways you can ask the same question.

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

bring back old map design
    stop having every damn class have flash jump
    nerf all teleport skills to a smaller range.

3. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

(Ha ha, one of mine are in there)

When the same topic keeps popping up over and over again then clearly there may be a need to change something. Especially on the official forums, it seems like every other topic is people running around and proclaiming that Maplestory is dying. Whether that is true or not, there is no denying that the current game is out of balance.

4. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

Hit the nail on the head, I was really shaking my brain trying to remember why it didn't impact me as much when it WAS released. As soon as I read that, it hit me, I don't remember it, because I didn't need need more than 60%-100% to hit max damage consistently (30% boss), it was an investment, but no where near as excessive.

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I just want the old map design. I would also like if potential would be removed, but that wasn't one of the options you gave us. Old exp rates were terrible.

6. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

I'd just like it if characters of a similar level couldn't be thousands of times stronger than one another.

7. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

Misleading title brought me in, thinking this'd be about some cool new content.
    Theen I saw it was another s'hitty 'BRINK BAQ PRE-BB' thread. I'm disappointed.

8. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

You missed one option, don't care wouldn't play either way.

9. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

You can bump old threads since mid February. Someone doesn't read the announcements section

10. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

I actually like the changes that came with Big bang, except that I do not think that they were so good for the game. The biggest thing that BB accomplished was that it sped up leveling which sounds great on paper but creates problems when the flow of new content cannot keep up. Victoria island was not meant to be blazed through in a day. (or maybe like an hour now, if even that)

One could argue that this helps more players reach end game but then we get 50 more levels added, which means that could not have been the intention either. Maybe everything is going as planned, maybe the game is moving in the right direction but maybe not.

11. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

This point is valid and could have been averted. What they did is make it so you grind over all the content instead of explore. What they should have done (and what I believe they are doing in You & I) is change the quest content of various areas to match their level content. What I mean by that, specifically, is to shrink up the story line quests and make them more lucrative such that doing the quest line will bring you through that level range. Let's say an area is designed for level 40-50. The story in that area should bring you from level 40-49 or 50 just by doing the quests. As long as the quests aren't terribly longer than grinding, it would be fabulous.
    I know that You & I takes all the areas of Vic Island and reworks them to have a natural progression. I also know that the quests have been redesigned to be more lucrative. What I don't know is how effective the efforts were (and opinions will vary about it anyway). The early levels of Zero have it right - A little questing then a small grind to get to a little more questing. Zero gets more grindy as you progress, which is annoying since your grinding options are so limited. Regular characters would have more options (including the no-quest option).

12. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

I agree that a quest revamp would be nice to see.

Going a step further, I would be willing to bet a hundred mesos that if Nexon opened a Pre- Big bang server, (with potentials still present) that this server would have the highest active population within 3 months.

13. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

Basically, this.

What really changed from pre-BB to now, is that no matter how much of a "veteran" you are, someone with a few bucks can come in and kick your ass.

Damage should be scaled to level, and level should be meaningful.

And most importantly, besides needing high level for high damage, such damage shouldn't be tens of millions of numbers above other players. There should be a power scale. I'm just throwing numbers, but for example, now if I hit 100k and this other guy hits 30 million, he's 300 times as strong as I am.

There should be a cap. Such as, no player of the same level can be more than 10 times as strong as other.

That still gives game progression, and doesn't alienate the community, because why the pineapple would I party with someone 300 times weaker than me? That's a nonexistent boost. But someone that does 30-35% of my damage? Yeah sure, why not.

Let players flail around their Maple-penises without crushing each other, that's pineappleing healthy online social interaction.

14. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

And then it would die shortly after just like every other new server.

15. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

They should bring over EMS' Hell Mode, but with a pre BB server. Oh, and make death instantly return you to level 1.

16. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

I agree with bringing EMS's Supreme World, but resetting to level 1 on every death would be more of a nuisance than anything else. A better option would be to have a hefty exp penalty or include de-leveling.

As far as pre-BB goes, the only things I miss are the old maps and the community (I guess that's what you'd call it? I just liked seeing tons of people taking the Orbis boat and stuff like that).

17. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

Old map design and drastically nerfed potential system that did not involve NX Cash would do it for me. Victoria Island has been far too streamlined, I want my exploration back.

Also this

18. Default Re: Maplestory time warp?

No, I don't support this because the remaining players would rage.

However, I do support releasing a separate pre-BB world as long as it's also pre-potential.