Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

It definitely is pretty stupid that some of the stuff in that video made it to the final product. No jumping? trains flat out stoping if you stand in front of them? This game might have been perfectly fine if it had been advertised/released as a PS3/360 game and not a next gen one.

On the other hand, Grand Theft auto had a budget of around 250 million $. How the heck was anyone expecting this game to do greater than that with a 68$ budget?.

2. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

Valid, but at the end of the day, for the player, the budget of the game isn't a factor for their overall experience. Which has been further degraded by the poor optimization issues we have experienced, especially by AMD users like myself.

3. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

I mean, it would be pretty easy to not at all realize that spook had a racial context...It's kind of hard to shame something for something it didn't do.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

The game was far too hyped, I got sick of hearing about it.

It looked really boring to me from the moment it was announced, I failed to see what everyone saw in it.

5. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

Not to grammar nazi you lost me at that period when it should have been a comma lol

And I don't follow your logic, the budget does impact the gamers experience because the budget is one of the important factors that determines limitations of the game.

Assassin creed cameo with a sand box environment where you use spy/hack tactics in a very realistic game to get what you want. I mean the concept was glorious, the cameo would have been awesome, but they went "short stick" on all of it.

6. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

I don't think that was quite the point. Yes, the budget affects how large the scope of a game can be while still remaining functional and polished, but that doesn't matter to the player. A game riddled with bugs is still riddled with bugs regardless of how much money went into its production. A critic shouldn't say "oh well this game isn't as polished as GTA but I mean GTA had a huge budget so I can't really mark it down for that."

7. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

I don't think the point was really about the bugs but the fact they expected realistic physics on a game with a fraction of a budget for other games that barely get it right, unrealistic standard. Releasing a game where you can fall through the floor, unacceptable, obviously.

I mean borderlands 2 you could do that, but it felt more like an easter egg cus it was like a single goddamn hole in a single goddamn wall, this it's just clearly the game does not know what CRUSHING does for christ sake lol

8. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

As @Kavanaw; stated the gamer doesn't think " well they only spent $10 to make the game so I should be happy with a subpar game with bugs, and disjointed animations etc." They will think "wow that game is filled with lots of bugs and unfinished elements, they should finish it to completion regardless of budget before release", there is a difference between a poorly developed/unfinished game and a game that just has a bad premise. Watchdogs regardless of budget clearly has some flaws with optimization in the coding that needed to be fixed before release, and that lack of a polish to a game greatly impacts it's value, hence why i tend to value bioware games, they tend to make sure their games are nicely polished to a nice extent (not counting ME3 ending which is more of a bad premise thing as i mentioned earlier).

9. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

Since he was quoting a video that was mocking the "realism" the game promised.

10. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

HMM did they really promise realism? I thought it was all about being able to hack any and everything.

11. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

They promised something revolutionary, something next gen. We got something that belongs on PS3, realism was an assumption since other games have been focusing on trying to accomplish that.

12. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

Realism isn't a huge issue to me, though it is one to an extent; if a game has TOO MUCH realism it's just as bad as not enough. Revolutionary means that it will not only do something new very well, but also do everything else that has already been established very well, and this game provided neither of those. You can rambo through the entire game without ever needing to use the MAIN FEATURE they promised, and the gun physics are also terrible. Hell, the physics as a whole are terrible. Aside from that video in here, I also saw a number of videos where a barrier/door/gate doesn't render until after you are through it so you either are not stopped or YOU NOCLIP THROUGH THE CAR IN A PRONE POSITION AT CAR SPEED UNTIL YOU HIT A WALL.

13. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

I feel watch dogs had the opportunity to jump into actual realism and be fun, I mean all they would have to exaggerate is the power of your hacking skills and manipulation, there's no reason you would need to be able to take 8 bullets to the face and live or any nonsense like that.

14. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

Well, that aspect, yes; they definitely should have made the character painfully mortal to force the player to use the hacking to win.

15. Default Re: Polygon's absolutely terrible Watch_Dogs review

I would have loved it if you never held a single firearm or explosive in watch underscore dogs. The entire game would be finding ways to take down and sneak past enemies without using any lethal weapons, and that would be an awesome change of pace.