1. Question Boss dmg 20% or ma+70 ?

which should i choose ?

let say i have a Staff ma 304 [Element Staff] [Speed Fast]
    and a Lv150 Staff with ma 374 [Speed Slow]

for BaM , which should i choose ?
    my azwan inner ability is boss dmg 20%

if choose slow staff , i will give up the 20% boss dmg. and swith to attck spd +1

for future pt member , i have:-

BaM
    Paladin
    DemonSlayer
    Bishop
    Beast Tamer [haven come yet]
    Kanna [Mule] [for boss dmg buff]

since beast tamer have a random pt skill is + attack spd , but the chace to get is random , so

pls help me , which staff should i choose [our server too far for farnir weapon, so i dont have think too far]

pls help

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Boss dmg 20% or ma+70 ?

i'm going to assume that you're a battlemage right?

well, i can't give you a completely accurate answer without a bunch of digits, but 1 attack speed on most classes tends to be a 1.09x multiplier on attack, just counting the attack on your fast staff alone (you're supposed to do the whole sum of attack) you end at 361 attack, so just by giving it a quick glance i'd say the fast staff is better

3. Default Re: Boss dmg 20% or ma+70 ?

I'm not too knowledgeable on the attack/casting speeds of the standard BaM but I believe you'll be better off with the faster staff. Reasoning below:

FB and your hyper (6) = 810ms +240ms

Speed(8-4=4) = 720 + 240 = 1.04 cycles in 1s
    Speed(5-4=2, if we consider speed cap) = 630 + 210 = 1.19 cycles in 1s
    Speed(5-5=0, using a green mpe pot or alternatively BT's card which is actually -2) = 510 + 180 = 1.44 cycles in 1s

Speed(0) is a 38% increase in total output compared to speed(4)
    Speed(2) is a 14% increase in total output compared to speed(4)

Bossing and Total damage% multipliers tend to drop off with the more you have.. so it's safe to assume you're better off with the faster staff. Though again, I'm not familiar with the class so I apologise if I've mistaken something.

4. Default Re: Boss dmg 20% or ma+70 ?

BaM hits speed cap with just self buffs using a slow staff. With MPE green pots breaking the cap, BaM gets pretty far into negative attack speeds when using an E Staff.

5. Default Re: Boss dmg 20% or ma+70 ?

ok , i will stick with Fast Staff ^^ thanks,

and 1 thing , Evan with E Staff , attack speed cap 2 , but when i use Speed Infusion , the flame wheel will caste faster , so , breaking the cap speed last is 0 ? , if say evan with fast staff + MPE pot + SI , will become 0 or -2[more fast] ?

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Boss dmg 20% or ma+70 ?

from what i hear, all other mages don't care about the "weapon" speed when casting, and it's like they had normal 6, but using skills like speed infusion and booster gives them casting speed.