Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

Watching this entire thing unfold I couldn't help but feel like he was the little Joffrey Lannister character irl.

What terrifies me more is how much rape culture is perpetuated... just look at the comments...

is it weird we don't use the words "hate crime" over something like this?

waving this off as "another incident of a crazy person" is terrible. "destigmatizing mental illness will also help us stop treating it like a black box, e.g. when shootings happen just kinda shrugging at the pathology."

2. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

Now that I think of it, god damn he really does remind me of him. In fact, he mentioned in one of the later chapters that he really liked ASoIaF, and he "feels a deep connection to a couple of the characters". LOL

He's basically Joffrey if Joffrey hadn't been born into royalty.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

Ugh, this is yet another painful stain on humanity. The guy's already far better off than the majority and he thinks his 1st world problem warrants killing people? Clearly the parents never gave him a hard slap across the face for doing something stupid. His social reputation is already tarnished because who'll want to date a killer. He pretty much worsened his own "problem", and self fulfilled the very thing that'll bite him back in the ass down the road.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Those comments are indeed disturbing. We clearly need to have some discussions about why these lone gunman rampages have become so prevalent in the US. At this point, we have to own up to some responsibility and figure out what can be done about it.

It's a really complex issue and one that I won't claim to have an answer too.

5. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

shiver

horrifying.

It touches a lot of tender places in US culture, politics, issues etc. Right now several camps of thought are arguing over "whose fault it is" in the sense of "where society went wrong". As far as finding a solution, I don't know, it may take eons.
    Last edited by Felicitates; 2014-05-24 at 11:40 PM. Reason: no double posts for me; ffs i can't type so much of the shaking

6. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

7. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

HOOOLY pomegranate, it's the jackpot
    The rest of it so far has been pretty borderline racist, as well as incredibly douchebaggy, but this is my favorite paragraph so far, what a pineappleing ass lmao.

ahahaha

8. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

He is dead... So... yeah.

Honestly, I think the USA should start using smartguns only for the civil people.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

didn-t you get to the sister part or something? that was downright creepy.

10. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

25 year old virgin not giving a pineapple here myself.

I'd say there is quite a bit of pride to be taken from being someone who doesn't give in to the unnecessary pressure of "needing to be laid, doesn't matter with who."

Holy pomegranate. Women don't owe anything to anyone (and vice versa!). No one owes anyone anything just for existing.

This was certainly an example of an individual who's on the far end of the morality rope, but those responses legitimately scare me. Holy crap.

11. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

ex pineappleing cuse me?

dude was clearly a sociopath, did you even listen to some of the pomegranate he was shoveling?

don't act like mental illness isn't a problem, having a diagnosis doesn't make anyone a special little snowflake, and the fact that people believe that it does is part of the problem.

speaking as someone who's had to deal with being falsely diagnosed with a mental illness, and also as someone who was forcefully medicated with pills they didn't need, against their will up until they were goddamn eighteen, don't you dare try to take the moral high ground on this one, anakin. I understand those struggles all too goddamn well.

12. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

The amount of self pity and unwarranted self importance this guy has is beyond ridiculous.
    In my opinion, you can only blame so much on society for this, there comes a time when you have to decide how you're going to act and be responsible for it.
    To blame this event largely on society or a mental illness is just wrong.

Oh boohoo, ladies don't find you attractive? Suck it up, buttercup.

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this legit scares me, i dunno if anyone remembers "the femitheist" but she was the one that had a blog where she suggested the perfect world would have international castration day, and be a woman-built society where men were milked then castrated, while women would also hold all position of power to prevent men from going to war.

it's like i'm reading the male version of the femitheist above.

----------------------------------------------------

edit: holy pomegranate
    every time i think i can't get surprised more this kid just goes above and beyond, speechless.

14. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

When you're in an echo chamber like this, you don't need to be crazy to think what you're doing is okay, everyone you ask says it is... jesus pineapple in a fruit salad. What a toxic culture.

15. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

He just murdered 6+ people and he still counts as "a nice guy". What do these loonies think you have to do to no longer be a nice guy?

I'm against internet censorship for the most part, but when you get lunatics circlejerking themselves over something as serious as this, it does make me wonder if the governments have a point sometimes...

16. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

You can't even really blame society for this; he's a moderately attractive guy, suffice to say. That and coupled with his supposed status. If ladies didn't find him attractive then something is inherently wrong with him, not society, and it's not hard to see why.

Apparently he forgot that people expected things of him as well.

17. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

I meant interesting as in the insight he might give me, but he just said that the guy was just unbelievably selfish. I'll ask again if I remember.

As for the pride thing, it's a weird kind of pride. Not like yours, not insane like the guy in the article... I don't know how to describe it though.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

"I'm saving myself for the right person"?

Also, @MariaColette, no offense, but you're a girl. Society views virgin women and virgin men totally differently.

19. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

hmm. It's more or less a mixture of "I'm saving myself for the 'right' person" + "I'm too cool and not cool enough for the right person, anyway... if it exists" + (I'm not sure about this) "There's something poetic? (or something like that) in being this old and a virgin". It sounds like it's all about being 'interesting' and... cool? for doing things that are uncool to the rest, I guess. But I'm not sure if it's truly just a hipster-ish thing alone.

20. Default Re: 7 dead because shooter couldn't get laid

doing further research led to me this

he was in therapy. and yet he still went berzerk. can you still just blame this on mentally ill? are we still not going to talk about the misogyny?
    also:
    Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/killed-mass...ry?id=23853918