IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

At first I was like: Eh. Lots of people get cancer.
    But at least he's using his place in the public eye to remind people to get checked.

I hope he gets better anyway (and everyone else with cancer ever)

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i feel bad for him, but i'm still going to laugh at the irony.

4. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

Never heard of this guy. Hope he gets better.

5. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

for what breast cancer? kinda hard to get checked without a full blown body scan, and that'll show a lot of unnecessary things that you'll feel the compulsion to correct when you're just FINE

full disclosure: my medical knowledge comes from years of scrubs and house.

6. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

My boyfriend has made fun of me for YEARS for performing self-checks in the shower, knowing full well that my family has a history of breast cancer. Who the pineapple cares if I am a guy, at least if I do have a lump that could possibly be something dangerous, I have a higher chance of finding it than someone who doesn't check themselves often. I'm hoping he gets better and doesn't feel like death during treatments (420 bro). I would never bring up anything from his past, cancer isn't a joke.

7. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p.../patient/page1

Depends on if you're at risk or not. The recommended age for a colonoscopy is 50 (I think?). This guy was 29. So yeah, I do kinda see your point.

Although there are alot more ways (emerging and exist right now) than just body scans. :o

8. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I hope you never get testicular cancer because you'll never see the forest for all the trees.

9. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

Even though I check the downstairs, too? Don't mind a prostate check before 50, either. Thanks.

10. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1s8n9
    ^For reference.

And it's not so much "check willy nilly just because." He had problems for a while. Just going to a doctor at all can help. Generally they should know if you really need to get checked, and that's what he's saying. Check his video a week or two ago for most of the info.

11. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

This, minus the "I feel bad for him". People get sick and die all the time, it's part of life, whatever. At least someone that's unfunny and has bad taste got it this time. Maybe I'll get cancer too for saying that, but pineapple it, hedging around it doesn't get anywhere.

12. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

F'uck you both.

What's funny about this, huh? What's goddamn funny about someone getting a disease that is almost certainly fatal?

Also, because you two are probably too braindead to look it up yourself: Here's what that other person had to say about it.

13. Trump minus th money

indeed cancer is no joke.
    so it's (and forgive the TVTropes phrase. I hate TVTropes) Laser Guided Karma that he told someone to "get cancer and die" and now has cancer.

14. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

"I'm going to laugh at the possibility of him dying to cancer because I don't like that he told someone to die to cancer"
    Literally this thread.
    The hypocrisy is amazing.

I don't care if he made the mistake of telling someone to die from cancer. Right now, by laughing at him, you are making the exact same mistake. And at least he learned from his mistake, you'd do well to learn from him as well.

15. Trump minus th money

"I have no idea what black comedy and gallows humor are"
    "I am entirely alien to the concept that people resort to finding something to laugh at to keep from crying"

Literally you and Lozmaster.
    The intolerance is amazing.

16. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

???????????????????????????????????????????????
    We're intolerant because you're shaming someone and that's your way of "coping"???? I don't see what's funny about that or why it's necessary????
    And at that I can't see how you could possibly justify it regardless?
    And how could you possibly expect us to think that you were doing it lightheartedly??

I'm sorry what part of this tells me that people are "resorting to finding something to laugh at to keep from crying"?

Edit: and to respond to the below post since I'm not going to post again to a simple matter of semantics: that's completely subjective and irrelevant.

17. Trump minus th money

Lightheartedly? don't you mean heavy-heartedly?
    "??????????????????????"?
    ?????
    ??
    ????????
    ?????
    ??

18. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

I'm starting to sense a pattern among threads here. Opinion. You jerk your opinion is wrong. Ensue argument.

OT: last i check no one here is laughing at the "reviewer" for getting cancer

19. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

See:
    I don't care if it's "following the same patented argument formula." There is no justification for laughing at someone in light of them having a very real possibility of dying.
    If I made a thread about how slavery was wrong, or about how racial or sexual discrimination were wrong, there wouldn't be an argument because they're basic human decencies. Any other opinion is outright wrong. Period.
    Life? Life is about as basic of a human decency as you can get. Laughing at the possibility of someone losing their ability to live is hardly acceptable, in either case.
    The only difference here is that he's realized his mistake. All I'm doing is trying to get them to realize theirs.

20. Default Re: videogame "reviewer" Totalbiscuit has cancer

to me that just looks like you ctrl+f "laugh" and "humor"