IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

would be nice if they make her a unlockeable class, like some other MMOs does

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Or you know, pick a person actually in the Sengoku Period

3. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: New Sengoku Class - Ayame

Lol borrowed Blade Ascension animation.

And ofc it's a claw user. Or maybe a new weapon. Those projectiles look an awful lot like steelies though.

Nonetheless, can't wait to see what JMS has to offer. Hopefully it isn't lackluster :]

4. Default Re: New Sengoku Class - Ayame

Those aren't projectiles. Those are the spears of her enemies.

5. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

Just wanna point out that she's wearing (a cute variation of) what's considered to be a very stereotypical traditional archery outfit in Japan. Note the tied sleeves, fingerless gloves, and breast guard.

http://regex.info/i/JF7_106069.jpg

6. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

This leads me to assume she's going to be classified as an archer class, not pirate.

7. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

But what else could she wear? its not like there were pirates in japan(or were they?).

Nevermind that, there were pirates in the sengoku era and were mainly japanese.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wokou

8. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

It sounds like a demo to me. IE, they give you a bunch of skills, and then if people respond well to the general concept of the class they will build it into a full fledged class.

9. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

I guess this is a good way to test if a class is worth producing on a mass scale or not.

Looks fun but err something isn't right.

10. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

is that... a gunblade
    nah, idea already taken

but no 1 cares bout dis gaem so gg

11. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

La Tale is even grindier than Maple. I never even got to Lv60.

Then OGP decided to region block Asian countries. Welp, thank you very much for that.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Yeah, that's kinda what it sounds like to me too.

It just seems weird they'd do it this way though. They clearly have the character planned out, they have artwork and skills and a theme, not to mention she is being included in the story alongside 2 existing classes and seems to be considered one of them.

It seems like a lot of wasted effort if the class does end up not being made.

13. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

It's possible if response is negative they'll redesign the class but still use the general concept. Negative response doesn't necessarily mean they'll have to scrap the entire thing.

14. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

So... Ayame is the Archer, no? Or Archer/Pirate then...

15. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

JMS is actually capable of making fun and visually appealing classes, even after all the ones KMS has released. It'd take Hayato over Dawn Warrior or even Kaiser any day.

16. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

We just have too many classes.
    They need to stop making classes. period.

17. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

What I'd prefer is to have them wrapped up. I think Best tamer wasn't called for, but on the other hand, Sengoku should have the 5 classes done and finished, just like the forgotten 3rd archer adventurer. Nova classes and standard resistance members (not demon/Xenon style, more on the lines of the originals) would be fine to be added too.

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

How dare you try to crush my hopes and dreams of an Arcane Archer (Mage/Archer hybrid)! We're actually still quite lacking in archer classes...

It seems JMS is concerned about the upkeep for new classes. Hayato and Kanna are both fantastic conceptually, but I don't think many will argue that they fully compete with KMS designed classes. Both were buggy as hell and still have issues in GMS and probably other servers. I really hope JMS is learning from past experience and putting in some more groundwork and technical skill to make new Sengoku classes as awesome as we all want.

19. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

Beast Tamer was definitely unnecesary. They should have put the resources invested on her on a better cause like, IDK, fixing the wreckage that Jett is and make her relevant? (not even at release she ever was).

The difference is that KMS keeps their classes updated all the time, whereas JMS can't or simply doesn't do the same. At the time of their release Hayato and Kanna had nothing to envy to other clases.

20. Default Re: New Sengoku Class?

We could easily trade Beast Tamer and Mihile for an original Jett/Dragon Warrior and a Sengoku Archer in my opinion.