Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

I was more alluding to the fact that the mindset is clearly contagious since it's support is common sense. How was your epiphany of me being right feel recently?

@davyjones; so when are you going to reach your epiphany? When another account gets perma'd for no reason other than "oops"?

Signs are all there bro, even parasite figured it out, although it took him almost a decade

2. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

Less than a year? Damn that's kind of dark LOL

3. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

every time until you learn

4. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

I think what you're missing is you came onto southperry, multiplied your posts until you slowly killed our sanity with your over compensating of your necessary need of us to indulge your unnecessary elongated explanations of pretty simple rules and/or social protocols.

edit: don't poke the monster

5. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

To the OP, this is not news. It's been this way for far longer than you think, so you might as well quit now unless you're really that optimistic. :/

To everyone else (specifically @KhainiWest and @xparasite9), please don't derail the thread with your usual back and forth shenanigans.

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

If this is news to you, I don't know where you've been.

Play for yourself, or close friends. Playing for any other reason will make you realize how far down this game has fallen.

7. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

I gave up caring about who is legit or not, there is just no point to it anymore.

Nexon doesn't care so why should I?

8. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

I can see where you're coming from, I have friends who were training without being afk, but since this new method came, it's nothing but afk-training in HoH. If you can't afk train then you're not welcome to join the party because they all want 24/7 leech. Even if it's considered botting, they don't care anymore, in their minds, they don't think they're botting because they're not using a 3rd party program, only setting something on the attack key. :/ gg

9. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

mebee dk ?

derp was answered qq

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

it's both really, DrK isjust better at it if you don't need to use your computer

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

no offense question but why are you qqing are you that much of a sook ? them "botting" doesnt affect u in anyway also i dont believe putting a weight on a key is botting / hacking its no difference to someone holding down a key with their finger and watching a movie

also all those ppl qqing about o they been training without effort cry cry cry blah blah who the hell cares. ranking doesnt even matter anymore them being a higher lvl than u doesnt effect u in any way. god so many qqers
    Last edited by TidusLoveYuna; 2014-05-23 at 01:27 PM.

12. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

pineapple that. It's completely unfair for anyone attempting to get/keep a high rank if the people they're competing with are able to gain EXP literally 24/7.

That's exactly what botting is. Whether you 'believe' it or not is irrelevant.

13. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

The fact of the matter is that it's just a classic example of a snowball effect. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme.

Let's say every time one person hacks, two other people decide that if nothing happens to that person, they'll start hacking (which is what happens because no one is stopping them, and even if you somehow get banned you just request it and get unbanned for free).

First, one person hacks. Two people see him. Now those two hack. Two people see them, leading to four more hackers. Two people see them, leading to another eight hackers. Two more see them, leading to another sixteen hackers. Two more see them....Need I go on?

When the host does nothing to deal with hackers, the vast majority of people see no reason to not hack, and thus it becomes the norm.

The plain, simple truth is that Nexon's inability to manage their own game has lead to this. The game is a grindfest. People look for anything to ease a grindfest. Nexon does nothing about hacking, which is the "easiest" way to ease the grindfest, and then some. Everyone starts hacking. The fact that you cannot see this very simple example of cause and effect is more baffling than anything else.

14. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Swirlled
    Server: Bera
    Level: 250
    Job: Aran
    Guild: AUniversityO
    Alliance: Honour
    Farm: Swirlly

Agree with Mazz, 100%.
    Although this is not news, it has reached a new level (no pun intended), where people are climbing the ranks extremely quickly.
    It's more evident than ever just by going through the first few pages of the rankings. Over half of Bera's top 10 is illegit (by my standards).
    Of course I'm biased due to working for every single one of my levels, but this is unfair no matter how you look at it.
    Reaching a high level may be considered "worthless" and a "waste of time," but it's still a lot of time, commitment, and dedication.

We put in many hours for our levels -- scum who put in zero effort should not pass us.

-steam whistles from ears-

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i actually went over this on the other forums for pomegranates and giggles.

http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/2815110/3/#45656214

not botting, but certainly bot-like behavior that doesn't require human interaction, and even more specifically it's against nexon's ToS anyway. it does make me wonder if his example of holding the button yourself while watching a movie would be considered "botting" (for lack of a better term)

16. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

I was more going for the angle of interactivity, if your character is performing actions in-game without you directly making it happen, then (as far as I'm aware at least) it would be considered botting. It doesn't mean you have to be paying attention or even looking at the game at all, but when something else is playing the game for you it becomes botting. And your finger can't really be considered a weight, can it? Unless you somehow passed out while holding the attack key down in which case I suppose it would be botting.

17. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

Brandon you suck at posting

Weight on a key is botting, judging by the fact that people have been banned for it before (afk xenon with BD at evo, HoH, etc)

18. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

Why can't Nexon just implement a lie detector hitting those that attack at certain maps, say, every 10 minutes? Even some private servers I know have done that and they don't even edit the WZ files so it doesn't even need a patch. I feel like it'd hinder at least the hardcore botters that don't even look at their game.

19. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

The existing lie detectors can be used very easily just to grief players. That's why they haven't put them back.

20. Default Re: Legit Friends Become Botter....

Probably because this gets people to stay online hahaha
    I'm kidding