1. Default My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

So, I've had the following situation ever since that time:

-I can't access nexon.net or any of its websites
    -Tried on multiple computers
    -I can open my game launcher, but things like ranking and stuff won't load, only "item gallery" loads
    -Upon trying to hit play, client says can't connect and closes
    -Filed numerous tickets, asking if my IP is banned, seems it's not
    -Cleared cache
    -Tried using proxies
    -Tried using VPN
    -Disabled firewalls, antiviruses, etc etc.
    -Not using Microsoft Loopback Adapter
    -Googled that pomegranate, numerous cases with the same problem, no solution
    -Tried from my neighbor's home, can access nexon.net and MS there, same ISP
    -Tried playing from friend's home, can access too, same ISP
    -Even changed my router

Finally, the other day I found someone saying that many people have the same case, and it's not an IP ban. Rather, there was a crash at Nexon's HQ or something, and for some reason they blocked a ton of people's areas from the game. So random that my neighbor can play, and I can't.

So this is my current state. Of course, logging tickets does nothing.
    Anyone heard of this? I don't even care that much, just wanted to check some of the new content, but as always Nexon's incompetence shines.

2. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

Sounds like a sign from god

3. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

You know what is far more worst than Nexon could ever be? Someone who has quit the game but continues to browse on a fansite devoted to said game only to bash it at every turn and chance and just runs around implying that the people who continue to play the game have various types of problems and even mental problems to even want to continue to play said game just because they get no enjoyment from it anymore.

Stop being such a debbie downer dustpan.

4. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

I want to believe so.

I was just curious about trying new stuff, specially when Blaze Wizards come out.

5. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

So did you get an answer on that ticket you sent? And if so, what did it say?
    Last edited by ApplePond; 2014-05-15 at 12:41 PM. Reason: oops o_o

6. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

Maybe you should try posting in Nexon's ban appeal forum.
    I know you are not really banned, but it might be a way to get some attention to your problem.

7. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

To answer both posts...

I filed about 4-5 tickets, and created multiple forum threads, which quickly sunk with no answer.

The tickets basically offered no help, except for a GM who supposedly confirmed my IP is not banned, and he told me to contact my ISP.

Of course my ISP knows nothing about it. It's a Nexon problem.

I can play on my account just fine anywhere else but home, it's like this place in particular has a curse that can't access nexon.net.

8. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

This may sound odd, but it's worth a try. Try assigning your DNS server to one of the national servers. There was a time about 6 years ago where I had this problem at my office. I got through it by doing DNS on a level above my office network.

Here is a place that has a list of open public DNS servers - http://portforward.com/networking/dns.htm

9. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

I'm currently using unblock-US VPN so I can watch USA Netflix (I'm on Panama).
    Still worth a try I guess, any idea which DNS would be better for me?

10. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

I see. I'll try to get some updated information of the gMS service area.

11. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

I tried using multiple DNS listed in the link, and as expected, it made no change.
    I was already using unblock-us.com VPN anyway (been using it for a few days).

Seems I just won't be playing anytime soon.

12. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

This has happened to me before. Could literally do nothing except wait it out and it usually fixed itself within the day or so.

That's all I can tell you, it's a really weird thing.

13. Default Re: My ISP area or something has been banned for 2 years

This whole thread is a bunch of useless information for the poor guy.

First step, call your ISP. Some ISPs (although rare) can give you a new IP (probably static) that is completely different from your current (dynamic) IP. Almost no ISPs just provide static IP's to their customers by default though so your best bet outside of that would be to unplug your modem for 24 hours.

The reason you do this is to let the lease on your IP address end. The default setting on almost every home modem is to renew the IP address it is getting from your ISP for 24 hours. If your modem is offline during that time it cannot renew the lease and must get a new IP. This is sort of part of the reason why your neighbor can reach Nexon but you can't, they are on the same ISP but have a completely different IP address.

In addition to this information you should know that Nexon will automatically block your IP address if you log into more than 19 accounts in 1 hour. The hour restriction resets on the hour so if you are at 19 accounts at 12:59 you can log into your 20th account at 1:00 with no problem (although I'd wait until 1:01-1:03 just to be sure, I don't know what time server Nexon is using) Any accounts that you attempt to log into after you IP is blocked will need to be reauthenticated via Email.

Oh, one more thing, that VPN you are trying to use is probably blocked by Nexon. They are no dummies, they have a huge list of known IP addresses for VPN's that they have blocked.