Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default [Complete] Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...cements/00HnH/

2. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Looking forward to what they're going to do with Pet Skills, and finding out how much they'll cost.

3. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Pet skills is nice and all... but I'm worried about all of those perma pet equips that I have. Are they all going to be useless now?

4. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

7 hours for this patch? This might be a pretty big one then. Hopefully the patch notes come out soon since they're usually fun to read. Any guesses on if they'll extend the patch by a few hours?

5. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Looking forward to coin shop changes.

6. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

And here I am still debating on whether or not to get the Pie pet package (which includes pet Use items). Any leads from how other versions (e.g. KMS) tackled this conversion?

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Pretty sure KMS doesn't have pie/cake pets anyway so any answer you get won't even matter. No other version that i know of had this conversion, nor can they be compared because obviously KMS competence for their database ability is better than what GMS displays.

8. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Seems so unless they reimburse us somehow so we don't have to buy pet skills all over again.

9. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Presumably they'll be affected the same way by the change in UI which (I assume) removes the pet equip list and gives us some sort of pet skill list ui instead.

Would be a serious plantain move to make any pet equips that are perma/90 days useless without giving people an equivilant skill in return

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Well yeah. The question is whether or not whatever changes they do affect everyone equally. If they convert perma/90 day items to perma skills, will they catch everyone with those items? If they give everyone with perma/90 day items the equivalent NX to buy the equivalent skills, will they give everyone that NX in one shot? Will all skills work on all pets? Will all pets be given this new UI?

The answer is pretty obvious if not already known but that doesn't change the uncertainty we feel regardless of that answer.

11. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Well since I don't tend to keep myself updated on past/current/upcoming content on other versions of Maplestory I didn't realise this revamp is a unique one.

12. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

The KMS pet UI only has one slot for an equip (pet clothes) and one slot for you to put a buff on (if your pet is able to auto buff) per pet, and two check boxes, If I recall correctly, one to toggle auto loot, but I don't remember what the other does. Don't where auto pot pots go.

The only indication of what skills your pet has is a line of orange text that corresponds to a certain skill in the pet's tooltip in the Cash tab of your inventory. If you add a skill to a pet, it'll show up as (+) Item Loot, for example, in its description (unless you mean the character info box, the one when you click on yourself, people, that has a list of skills as well)

Most pets in KMS already have item and meso loot, the few cheaper ones having one or the other, and the more expensive ones adding a few more skills, like auto HP or MP. Unless our pets come with no skills to begin with, I'd say it'd be better just to refund all the pet equips and let us buy whichever skills we may need.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I could be wrong.

KMS: Always had pet skills
    SEA: Always had pet items (?) and still do
    EMS: Always had pet skills (?)

14. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Switched to pet skills after Big Bang.

15. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

One thing that no one mantion is the fact that we will get LHC rose garden, i hope they'll fix the spawn issue with this place because (not that it's trainable place, but the quests give nice reward). Although i think they did fix ome of the problem there...

16. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

Yeah the pet thing could be a mixed blessing but time will tell. I always claimed the perm pets on different characters so if they get some basic skill that will be a real plus for me. But I also have perm pet equips and if they become useless and my pet doesn't get the equivalent skills I won't really be pleased at all.

But at least now I can collect Soul Shards as I am mindlessly killing bosses every day for a pineappleing chair.

17. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

I'm debating really hard if I should keep my item pouch + other items onto 1 pet and risk that pet getting the skill [have 4 pets to decide which one, 3 commander pets and 1 perma fox pet) or taking the items off and risk them getting deleted by nexon...(when buying pet skills do you have to choose which pet it goes to right after you buy it or is it like an item in your ivt that you can click to decide which pet)?

Gah LF>Perma water of life. I really like my commander pets (orchi and hilla my babies =x ) but putting the stuff on the perma fox seems like the smartest way to go @_@

18. Default Re: Scheduled Game Update - May 13, 2014

I believe KMS did have pet items once upon a time, but made the switch over half a decade ago.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I think someone wrote in the other thread that EMS has their equips converted to skills when they got this change.

Edit: found it

20. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

inb4 prots 5 per char untradable