Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,541 to 1,549 of 1549
  1. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

FP goes against everything I believe in. It's a lazy system centered around F2P mobile gaming design, which is made for casual nongamers. It's a successful business model in that it will almost always render profits, but it's not necessarily a GOOD business model. It takes no risks and thus, while it will always make profits, it will never make the level of profits it has the potential to, at least not in the West. The East has a totally different business structure, they don't take as many risks and would rather have a mediocre business than fail in most cases.

Aside from that, FP -forces- the structure of "make alts to keep playing", a structure I am not interested in at all; I play 2 characters at most at a time in any game. I prefer to focus on a single thing and grind it mindlessly for 20+ hours at a time, fatigue brings me out of this, thus, it is counter to what I play games for. Most of all, it's effect on the market is not positive, you have only to look at the fact that a lot of people can't Awaken until 10-15 levels after the quest comes up for a single character even if they are farming seals on multiple characters; that's not a good system and because of this it's not going to change for a good while, given that the game is designed around making alts and each alt needs all of that crap again.

2 hours isn't a good amount of time to play for me; 8 hours isn't either. When the need strikes me to play a game, which isn't always by any means, I would usually only be playing ~5-6 hours a day (but again, I prefer to play only a single character, so even that small amount of playtime a day is beyond this system) I want to PLAY a game, and I don't want the game telling me I can't play 50 hours straight because I'll have a heart attack, I can handle not doing that just fine by myself, I know my own limits and they aren't that low, compared to the grinding I did when I was younger even 50 hours isn't that much. tl;dr, some people just need to bury their problems in mindless grinding, and I am one of those people.

2. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

@Flonne, sorry you won't be around to enjoy this amazing game because of something so basic.

Sooooo we're getting Knight. pineapple.

3. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

I'm not exactly happy about it either, the gameplay itself is fun, but that's not all there is to a game for me :(

4. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

Ugh. I'm really disappointed. F Slayer is tons more fun than Knight (I tried both out in Arad Senki [aka DFO JP]).

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

I dunno, i can't simply group the FP System with F2P mobile gaming design because they don't monetize your lack of FP with Super potions that increase/recover it (Although Free FP pots exist for events and another made by one of the professions in the game, but those are limited to be used once per day) nor have the put seemingly impossible tasks that takes way too much grinding and a shortcut via paying money to clear it (Unless you count gold sellers but that's another beast). Grinding in this game is pure and simple like most MMO with little to no shortcuts with the exception that its paced out for several days instead of burning it all in the same day.

Neople implemented FP not to monetize people out of the system, although quite honestly i dunno if FP was implemented due to korea laws against gaming addiction since i'm not sure if the game was made before or after said laws. And yes this is DFOG, so said laws doesn't apply to this market, but the game since its conception has been made around the FP system limiting the grow and grind of players so they don't burn the content in a week or so. For a bit of comparison, it took me around 10 days of 2-3 hours of playing with a couple of 2x exp pots and 4 days of 2x exp event to reach around lvl 57-58 with two chars and still had time to reach another to 50, not to mention an extra 30fp for the pot given by the current events and another 20 fp on two weekends, if i could infinitely grind one character as much as i wanted for about 6 or 8 hours daily i bet i could reach max level on one character in less than 2 weeks without counting for 2x events.

All in all, i defend the FP system due to the game being build around it, and thinking a bit about it, Nexon DFO crashed quite possible because they changed the FP system for the Burning one (Btw can someone remind me how that worked again?), making people eat the content faster than intended.

Edit: Your other point stand since that is your personal opinion and gaming habits so nothing to do/discuss there.

6. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

Nexon NA failed because they weren't supporting the game at all and were what, 3.5 years behind in content? I actually liked Blitz, and started playing again for a while until I realized they were never going to update the game/address all of the problems the game had/stop all the bots and hackers. All they had to do was support the game, that's all, and it would never have shut down. Blitz actually rewarded you for playing more in some ways, I played for about a month under that system and every day I managed to use up all the BP given. Both types of BP were acceptable to me, though I definitely preferred the 5 stage model since you could at least still get some drops. You got more and more EXP the more you played, at the cost of much higher repair costs. the ON/OFF was much less preferable due to 0% drop rate. The Blitz Burning Event was the best though, those events were tons of fun. BP didn't cause the game to fail, Nexon's lack of support did; I will say this, hackers and bots can DEFINITELY exploit Blitz much more easily than Fatigue, but that should NOT be the determining factor for using one or the other, there are other ways to fix those problems without massively restricting the legitimate community.

Even better than BP though would be leaving us the hell alone to play the game with no bonuses/penalties.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

What's the point of creating a thread about a new character coming in the next patch when people just post it here anyway. Seriously. >_>

8. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

This is why I keep saying we need to make this the general DFO discussion thread.

9. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (OPEN BETA PT. I STARTS MARCH 24TH!).

Or close it because it's outlived it's purpose and there should be no such thing as a 'general discussion thread' when you have a whole forum of your own.

Can't say this came without warning. Or even that it's the first time in this exact same subforum.