Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

I posted a thread like this on the official forums but was hoping to get more posters and feedback here.

I created a poll that i would like y'all to vote on which is here: http://strawpoll.me/1643125?nxid=6

And btw, when i say is the game fun, i mean the core aspects of maplestory. Not event minigames (E.x; Yut, monstermonopoly, etc.) Or any events for that matter. And, when i say fun i mean, do you have a jolly good time? a happy soothing experience? etc.

Be honest guys. Don't sugarcoat your answers or anything just because you don't wanna sound alittle rude but also don't be rude and mean at the same time lol.

2. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Minigames are a core aspect of maplestory, in my opinion.

3. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

If the minigames were permanent they would be.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

So..."Do you guys think maplestory is fun according to my definition of fun"?

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I was about to say no, but then I realized I think I had more fun playing Maplestory back in the day than playing League of Legends right now .

6. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

If fun means spending thousands a month on this game is fun... then sure I have fun.

More seriously though, this game is fun in the fact if I want to start grinding hours at HoH I can and enjoy it.

7. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Lol i guess you could say that. What i ment by fun was doing things in MapleStory excluding any event stuff. Like is it enjoyable? exciting? etc.

8. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

i love maplestory!

9. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Events are an enormous part of Maplestory. Excluding that makes it an unfair evaluation (not that any of these polls/surveys have ever done anything ever). A ton of people come back for only events because they think they are fun.

It's a game. If people are playing it then they find something about it fun, otherwise they wouldn't bother to log on.

I find it fun to kill the hardest bosses and sell drops and dive into pools of money like scrooge mcduck. That hardly applies to anyone else.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

there's the sunk cost fallacy still, but that must mean that they found some aspect of it fun at some point anyways.

11. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Fun or not, MapleStory is a part of my life. Otherwise I'd be sitting on the couch watching TV for hours on end after work and on weekends.

.... but I would say it probably is fun. Definitely gives me something that I want to burn time on :)

12. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Yes, when taken in moderation, just like everything else.

13. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I used to have fun with it, but now I'm finding the game play to be incredibly boring.

14. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

yes i voted yes.

it is definitely strangely relaxing to grind. strange but true
    I however spend no money on cubes so I can't access any big bosses. but it is still fun to occasionally grind

surprised that majority on a maple forum voted other than yes.

15. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Didn't you know? Most people who play Maple absolutely despise it and just love to complain.

OT: I do enjoy playing from time to time, but other times it just feels like a chore, what with all the dailies there are to do and monotonous event quests to complete.

16. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

Hehe are you a GM :3

Feels like work, tedious work.

17. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

There are fun aspects of it and there are also very not fun aspects of it. Things that relentlessly force you to 'play' the game to get (often relatively worthless) rewards, such as attendance events, are not at all fun. Not even a little bit. Playing around with friends and killing time by questing/bossing/grinding can be fun.

and Bryan already said, but mini games and events are a huge part of MapleStory these days, you can't skip over that entirely. The Mesoranger DDR events and Monsteropoly are very fun imo

18. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

I only have fun when there's an active buddy list and guild waiting for me when I come online. That being said, I'm currently having very little fun because all of my friends seem to be on hiatus and I left my guild because of inactivity. At least I can farm leaves in evo while watching my k-dramas in peace though!

19. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

MapleStory is nowadays only truely fun for the casual player who doesnt care about/doesnt have as a priority the money part of the game and simply plays it because of the gameplay it offers.

For the others it isnt really fun, but a more appropiate word would be addiction.

20. Default Re: Do you guys think MapleStory is FUN?

I think what the OP doesn't understand is masochists enjoy disappointment, they enjoy negative feelings, so you can't define fun as "enjoyable".